• You may want to use easybib.com for your
work cited page
• MLA 7th edition
• Have trouble with MLA? Then, use this cite:
• You will be asked to keep Cornell Notes, which will store your
research. You must have 5-10 entries. This will be collected on
the due date of your paper.
• Research Question (will be written at top): How do the effects of
environmental changes contribute to the endangerment of frogs?
Title of website Quote
“The Benefits of the Spotted Frog” Quote: “Inmates at the Cedar Creek
http://www.benefits.com. Corrections center are staffing a project to
bolster the dwindling population of the
17 May 2011 Oregon spotted frog. The results of their 85-
cent-per-hour job has stunned researchers”
• Effective, appropriate link between the
research and the presentation
• 10 slides not including the title page (so 11
• 25 points--summative
• 5-10 minutes
• 15 points-summative
• Listen and evaluate the oral presentations
• Students will evaluate peer
• Cornell Notes
Add one or more types of writing pieces
connected to the topic
presents one or more perspectives
personal and creative
can present multiple, even conflicting perspectives
Will be presented with PowerPoint.
• 10 sentence paragraph explaining the meaning of
--Why did you choose this?
--Why is it significant?
--How does it connect to your topic?
-- What was your thought process while creating
Ex. of different genres
poems sticker interview
song lyrics Fable
want ads home page
• 35 Points--Summative
• Relate some personal connection or interest to the
• Provide a “looking back and looking forward”
• what led to the topic
• what was learned
• how research will impact future actions,
goals, and perspectives
• 25 points-- Summative