IASB/ISEA 2011-12 COSTING AND IASB TENTATIVE AGREEMENT SURVEY
School District: Date of TA: New Money %
Person Reporting: Telephone #:
# of FTE: All totals and subtotals should be based on reported FTE.
Special Education & Chapter I Teachers included? (Yes or No) Do not cost change in the number of contract days.
Oct. 2010 Enrollment AEA: Multi-Year Contracts Only
(A) (B) (C) (D) (E) (F) (G)
2010-11 2011-12 $ CHANGE % CHANGE 2012-13 $CHANGE %CHANGE
1. Salary Schedule Cost $0 #DIV/0! $0 #DIV/0!
2. Career/Longevity Pay not in #1 $0 $0
3. Extended Contracts not in #1 $0 $0
4. Salary Subtotal $0 $0 $0 #DIV/0! $0 $0 #DIV/0!
5. Extra-Curricular/Supplemental Pay $0 $0
6. Total Salary w/ Supp. $0 $0 $0 #DIV/0! $0 $0 #DIV/0!
7. Health/Major Medical/Cafeteria plan $0 $0
8. TSA/Cash option paid by district $0 $0
9. Dental $0 $0
10. Other Insurance (List Below) $0 $0
11. Total Insurance $0 $0 $0 #DIV/0! $0 $0 #DIV/0!
12. Total w/o FICA/IPERS $0 $0 $0 #DIV/0! $0 $0 #DIV/0!
13. FICA* on total salary w/ supp. $0 $0 $0 $0 $0
14. IPERS** on total salary w/supp. $0 $0 $0 $0 $0
15. Total with FICA/IPERS $0 $0 $0 #DIV/0! $0 $0 #DIV/0!
*FICA is figured at 7.65% List other insurance:
**Employer IPERS rate is figured at 6.95% for 2010-11 and 8.07% for 2011-12.
16. Base number used to calculate salary 17. Minimum Hiring Salary 18. Does the salary schedule combine TSS on one 19. Is the salary schedule
schedule cells: for Beginning Teachers (No line (Combined), separate lines (Separate), or include a flat $ Amt (F), Indexed (I)
less than $28,000): language identifying TSS (Language)? (Enter or Other (o)?
Combined, Separate, or Language)
2010-11 2010-11 2010-11
2011-12 2011-12 2011-12
2012-13 2012-13 2012-13
F=Flat Dollar Amount I = Indexed O = Other
Comments (Salary Schedule changes and other significant language changes):
PLEASE REPORT WITHIN 24 HOURS OF A TENTATIVE AGREEMENT. EMAIL THIS COSTING SPREADSHEET AND THE TENTATIVE AGREEMENT
SURVEY AS AN ATTACHMENT TO Jon Studer, ISEA (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND TO YOUR UNISERV OFFICE. ALL COSTING AND TENTATIVE
AGREEMENT FORMS SHOULD BE REPORTED DIRECTLY TO YOUR UNISERV OFFICE Created: 10/10/10
IASB/ISEA 2011-12 COSTING PROPOSAL
Teacher Compensation Law and State Salary Funds:
This costing form has been updated to include the basic teacher compensation dollars and phase II which has been rolled together and now
called the teacher salary supplement. In FY 2010-11 and 2011-12, all of the salary items should be rolled into Line 1. Do not cost market
factor incentives, professional development funds, mentoring, or additional contract days. Do not include Teacher Salary Supplement (TSS)
FICA/IPERS in the salary schedule.
Following the Legislature's action setting the FY 2012 allowable growth, this form will be revised to include regular program and teacher
salary supplement budget information. There will be a section added at the bottom of the form as provided in past years.
For the purpose of this survey, FTE means full-time equivalent teachers on the 2010-11 scattergram used to cost the salary schedule and to
determine the dollar amounts reported on the costing form. The same FTE should be used to determine costs for both 2011-12 and 2012-
The cost data requested in this survey refers to costs paid by the school board for teacher salaries and fringe benefits. Contributions paid by
individual teachers to purchase benefits should not be included.
Please complete only the cells shaded in blue. All other cells are calculated automatically. Columns (E) through (G) are provided for
districts with multi-year monetary settlements only.
1. Use the 2010-11 scattergram based on the FTE given on the costing form to calculate the 2010-11 salary schedule cost. Enter this cost in
column (A). Age the schedule by moving teachers who will advance up one step and cost the 2011-12 schedule. Enter this cost in column
(B). Both years must use the same FTE for the "normal" length contract.
NOTE: Do not include as salary FICA and IPERS, workers' compensation, pay for summer drivers' education, summer school pay, extended
portion of contracts, substitute pay, the cost of lane changes, the cost of changes in the number of leave days or other similar direct salary
2. Total career increment/longevity pay cost not included in #1 without FICA and IPERS. Leave column (A) and/or (B) blank if career
increment/longevity pay was reported as salary in line #1.
3. Total extended contract salary cost for the extended portion of the contract not included in line #1, if costed.
4. Automatically Calculated: Salary subtotal for FTE given above. Add lines #1, 2, 3, and 4.
5. Total supplemental or extra-curricular salary cost (e.g. plays, coaches).
6. Automatically Calculated: Total salary with supplemental (extra-curricular) salary cost. Add lines #4 and #5.
7. Total health/major medical insurance/cafeteria plan cost.
8. Total tax sheltered annuity (TSA)/cash option insurance cost paid by district if not included in #9.
9. Total dental insurance cost.
10. Other insurance benefits costed by the parties; please specify types.
11. Automatically Calculated: Total group insurance benefits cost. Add lines #7 through #10.
12. Automatically Calculated: Total package (salary, supplemental, insurance) without FICA/IPERS. Add lines #6 and #11.
13. Automatically Calculated: Total FICA calculated using line #6.
14. Automatically Calculated: Total IPERS calculated using line #6. (New rates are used.)
15. Automatically Calculated: Total salary, supplemental, FICA, IPERS and insurance cost. Add lines #12, #13, and #14.
BASE NUMBER (SCHEDULE):
16. Please indicate the base number used to calculate the amount in each cell of the salary schedule. The salary schedules must reflect the
minimum hiring salary of $28,000 but a generator base could be less than $28,000.
HIRING BASE FOR BEGINNING TEACHERS:
17. Please indicate the minimum annual salary for a teacher hired with no previous experience. These amounts must be at least $28,000 for
18. Please indicate if the salary schedule combines TSS on one line (Combined), separate lines (Separate), or includes language indentifying
TSS (Language). This does not refer to this form but how the salary schedule is integrated.
Salary Schedule Info
19. Is the salary schedule a Flat Dollar Amount (F), Indexed (I) or Other (o)?
Describe salary schedule changes and other significant language changes. Also note any unusual or important conditions of the agreement.
PLEASE REPORT WITHIN 24 HOURS OF A TENTATIVE AGREEMENT. EMAIL THIS COSTING SPREADSHEET AND THE TENTATIVE
AGREEMENT SURVEY AS AN ATTACHMENT TO Jon Studer, ISEA (email@example.com) AND TO YOUR UNISERV OFFICE. ALL
COSTING AND TENTATIVE AGREEMENT FORMS SHOULD BE REPORTED DIRECTLY TO YOUR UNISERV OFFICE.