6, Edith Drive 616-608-2282
New Jersey 08873 http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~jananic/
Seeking an internship in the field of systems, networking and application development.
• Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering Cumulative GPA – 3.5
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Sep 2008 - Current
• Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Computer Science 81.89% (Distinction)
B.S.A Crescent Engineering College, Anna University, Chennai, India Sep 2004 – May 2008
Thesis Topic: Deep Packet Inspection for flow classification
• All India Secondary School Certificate Examination (CBSE) (Grade: 10 + 2) 84.20%
Modern Senior Secondary School, Chennai Jun 2002 – Mar 2004
Professional and Teaching Assistant
Precalculus 111 (Fall 2008) and Precalculs 115 (Spring 2009)
Sessions for problem solving
Conducting weekly quizzes
Grading the examination
• Languages: C, C++, C#, JAVA, VC++, Shell scripting, Latex, LEX, YACC, PHP, HTML
• RDBMS MySQL, MS Access
• Web Servers Apache, IIS
• Operating Systems: Ubuntu Linux, Windows 95/98/2000/XP.
• Simulator: NS2
• Animation software: Flash
• Technologies: Virtual Server 2005
CORE GRADUATE COURSES
• Computer Networks • Software Engineering
• Computer Architecture • Data Structures and Algorithms
• Communication Networks 2
CORE UNDERGRADUATE COURSES
• Database Management Systems • Data Mining and Warehousing
• The Analysis and Design of Algorithms • Data Communication and Computer Networks
• Cryptography and Network Security • Internet Programming
• Mobile Computing
• Improving the localization stability by detecting the environmental mobility This project was performed in WINLAB
ORBIT test bed, which distinguishes the RSS variations induced by environmental mobility and the transmitter mobility
based on Variance metrics and the Level Crossing Rate.
Environment: Shell scripting, Ubuntu Linux
• Guide Dog, an application aimed at aiding a physically challenged person to travel to his/her destination by providing voice
directions through a mobile phone.
Environment: J2ME, J2SE, MS Access (backend)
• Deep Packet Inspection, an application to identify session flow and treat the data traffic according to the policies
defined by the service provider. Sessions were categorized based on Incoming packet’s IP address, port number
and patterns in data payload.
Environment: Socket Programming, gcc compiler, Fedora Core 8
• Enhancing branch prediction via confidence estimator this project proposes a new idea for decreasing the number of
mispredictions of the branches using a confidence estimator to increase the performance of the processor.
Environment: C, simscalar simulator, Ubuntu Linux
• Orion, A web application to manage events and user registration for the cultural fest (Orion '08) of Crescent Engineering
• Simulation of BGP routing Protocol in Linux Platform This project focuses on finding the shortest path for the
packets to traverse in a network by assigning weight for each node and calculating the path from the source node
to destination node
Environment: Red hat Linux, C++
• Library Management System, A desktop application to manage lending of books in a library.
Environment: Developer 2000 with SQL backend
• Real Time Scheduling, an application that performs the scheduling of the processes that are queued up in the
buffer using the scheduling techniques like First Come First Serve, Shortest Job First, Round Robin and Priority
Environment: C++, Solaris Unix
• Student Registration System, a self service application for students to register courses.
Environment : Windows 2000, VC++, MS Access and Visual Basic COM (middle tier)
• Active X Controls – Developed a calendar control and a Web browser ActiveX control
Environment: Windows 2000, VC++
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Nominated for “Best Student” award during the year 2008.
• Certificate of Merit for securing 2nd place in aptitude test conducted by college NSS team.
• Second place in a class of 120 students in the department of Computer Sc. in BSA Crescent Engineering College.
• Winner of the Debugging Contest conducted by SSN Engineering college during the academic year 2005-2006
• Runner up in the Programming Contest conducted during the decennial celebration of B.S.A Crescent
Engineering college, Chennai during the year 2004
• Regularity Certificate in school during the academic year 2000
• Certificate for attending NSS (National Service Scheme) camp for 10 days during the year 2006.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Student member of IEEE (since 2004)
• Organizer of “ARCANE” – a technical Symposium conducted by Dept of Computer Sc. (since 2005)
• Organizer of “INFINITY” – a technical Symposium conducted by Dept. of Mathematics (since 2006)
• Organizer of “CRESCIENCE” – a technical Symposium conducted by Dept of Chemistry, 2005
• The Student Coordinator of “Arts and Painting Club”, 2008.
• An active member of ISTD – “International Standard of Training and Development”
• Member of Editorial Magazine “Writers Inc.” since 2007.