July 14, 2009 – Gift Basket Shopping Date – Meet at the Chick-Fil-A on Palm Bay road at Noon
to shop for Wii game and gift basket items at the Dollar Store. Alyssa, Morgan, and Sarah will
shop for the items; others are welcome to help shop. We need twenty-five (25) items in all to
give away, including the flowers.
July XX , 2009 – Need to set the decorations shopping date and budget based on the ideas the
July 18, 2009 – Final meeting at Alyssa’s House – Meet at 11:00 AM, lunch will be provided,
bring a swim suit and a towel. We will be making final preparations for the event including
decorations and gift basket preparation and running through tasks lists with each coordinator.
The Sferrazza’s House
3765 Harlock Road, Melbourne FL 32934
321-752-5634 or 321-412-1322
July 20, 2009 – 10:00 am – 3:00 PM – Event date.
Dress Code for the Event:
Attire for the event: Everyone will wear white top and black pants to the event.
Prize Coordinator - Alyssa
Event Promotion - TBD
Food Coordinator – Madison coordinating the preparing the food; and Alicia coordinating the
serving the food
Decorations Coordinator – Michelle
Event Coordinator - Brenna
See each task coordinators sections for status, tasks, due dates and updates.
Prize Coordinator – This person is responsible for coordinating prizes for the Games and the
Raffle items for the event. The coordinator will have a team of 2-3 people that will be
responsible for obtaining the prize and raffle items. The coordinator is responsible for getting the
prizes and raffle items to the event and setting them up.
Suggested items for each event:
Gift Baskets (3 per event)
Plants and Flowers for the tables (raffle); number is dependent on how many tables
Team Members: Sam, Sarah, Morgan, and Brenna
We will charge a dollar for raffle tickets that will be drawn throughout the dinner. Prizes will be
things like gift cards, cakes, and plants or flowers. Grand prizes will be gift baskets. We will
have a raffle periodically throughout the dinner.
1. Have the donation letter and have thirty ($30) dollars in donations for the gift baskets
from the Dr. Koretsky of the Gastroenterology Center
2. We will receive twenty-five ($25) dollars from the Senior Center for raffle tickets.
3. The club voted on using forty ($40) dollars from the entertainment fund to purchase a
Wii game for the facility.
4. We received a donated stuffed talking parrot from Mrs. Noren to give to the facility.
5. We received flower donations from Bloomers for table decorations and to raffle off at the
Shopping Date: July 14, 2009 at Noon – Meet at the Chick-Fil-A on Palm Bay road at Noon to
shop for Wii game and gift basket items at the Dollar Store. Alyssa, Morgan, and Sarah will shop
for the items; others are welcome to help shop. We need twenty-five (25) items in all to give
away, including the flowers.
Event Promotion – This person is responsible for the promotion of the event. The coordinator
will have a team of 2-3 people that will be responsible for creating the event flyer, invitations
and the reporting of the event through pictures and an article. The coordinator is responsible for
getting the invitations and flyer/poster board to the venue and ensuring that the article is written
and submitted to 4-H and local newspapers.
Items required for each event:
Event Flyer – Create the flyer or poster board for the event to be promoted at the center
Invitations and RSVP method – Create small invitations to send with the method to
Event Photography – Find a photographer to document the event in photos
Event Article - Write-up for 4-H, CHEVRON grant and local newspapers
Team Members: Alicia
Event Date: July 20, 2009
Cafe Italiano Theme
Italian Spaghetti Luncheon at Noon
Games, Raffles and Prizes after lunch
Sponsored by Brevard County 4-H Youth and made possible through grants from the 4-H
Foundation and Chevron Corporation.
1. Event Flyer – Alicia created the invitations. It will need to be updated with the event
information and resent to Allison for delivery to the facility.
2. Event Poster Board - Alicia will also create a poster board (with an Italian theme) to
display at the facility prior to the event. The poster board will need to be delivered by
July 15th to the facility. The event information is listed above
3. Event Photography - Sarah will to check with Sarah B on using her camera to take photos
at the event. Allison will be the photographer and will use her camera as a backup.
4. Event Article - We still need someone to write the final article to submit to 4-H and the
Food Coordinator - This person is responsible for coordinating food for the event. The
coordinator will have a team of 2-3 people that will be responsible for getting food donations,
preparing the food setting up the food and serving the food at the event.
Suggested Items for Dinner
Salad, Salad Dressing and Bread Sticks
Food Server Volunteers
Coordinator: Madison (Preparation) and Alicia (Serving)
Team Members: Madison, Morgan, Sarah
Alicia will be in charge of the servers and kitchen activities the day of the event. Everyone will
wear white top and black pants to the event and will help serve the lunch.
1. Madison will be making the sauce and meatballs and Sarah is making the pasta. Sarah to
work with Madison on preparing the food since we have limited cooking resources at the
facility. Need low (or no) sodium sauce; expect 30 people plus the volunteers. Suggest
pre-preparing the food to heat up at the facility since there is a small work space.
2. Allison has a $40 gift card from Olive Garden to give to Morgan. Morgan is picking up
the salad and bread the day of the event.
3. Sarah will be making dessert (low sugar). Allison has little gift boxes to put a small
desserts or sugar free candy in that can be decorated. Seniors prefer soft center candies or
4. Alyssa got a fruit plate donated from Suntree Produce
5. Allison will check with the facility to see what they have available; maybe serve
sparkling juice or Italian flavored soda?
Decorations Coordinator - This person is responsible for coordinating decorations for the
event. The coordinator will have a team of 2-3 people that will be responsible for picking the
theme for the event, getting decorations for the event including tablecloths, utensils, cups,
napkins, plates and table decorations. The coordinator is responsible for getting the decorations
to the event and setting them up.
Items for Decorations / Table Settings
Pick Theme for event
Plates (Dinner and Dessert)
Team Members: Sam, Madison and Morgan
Spaghetti Dinner Decorating Ideas for this event:
CAFE ITALIANO THEME
1. To set the tone, play some Italian music in the background; a famous Italian singer, such
as Pavarotti or Bocelli, or a compilation CD with a variety of music or favorite operas,
such as "The Barber of Seville”
2. Decorations of green, white, and red - the colors of the Italian flag. Hang red, white, and
3. Bunches of grapes - real or fake - baskets of grapes with stems & leaves in the center of
each table or on a beverage station. Allison has lots of fake silk greens and we can buy
fresh grapes to use.
4. Vines - real or fake. (We could also make our own out of specialty papers from the craft
store, or make "leaves" of green tissue paper, and tie them onto a rope or vine with green
wire. Hang ivy vine garland with bunches of artificial grapes everywhere.
5. Posters of Italy featuring Rome, Florence and Venice - obtained from a travel agency? Or
Some art reproductions by DaVinci and other Italian artists, and hang them on the walls.
6. Red and white check tablecloths, or plain white or red tablecloths, and checked paper
place mats (available at party supply stores). Color can also be added to the tables by
giving each guest two napkins of different colors - coordinating patterns or one patterned
and one solid and held together with a ring with a miniature flag on it.
7. Lots of candles Set out Chianti bottles. Insert candles into opening, light them and drip
the wax down the sides.
8. Mini flags of Italy can be made easily from construction paper to put on the tables as
Shopping Date: Need to determine what budget is needed for decorations and a shopping date
from Michelle. Need plates/napkins/cups/utensils etc for 30 plus the 4-H volunteers.
Event Coordinator - This person is responsible for coordinating the event. The coordinator will
have a team of 2-3 people that will be responsible for locating a venue, setting the date, and
coordinating with the Senior Group facilities point of contact. The team of 2-3 people will also
be responsible for setting up and running the games. The coordinator will be the central point of
contact for the event.
Items required for each event:
Determine Maximum Capacity for Event
Set Date and Time
Bingo Game Volunteers
Team Members: Alyssa
Event Location: All One Family Senior Day Program
585 N Courtenay Pkwy # 101, Merritt Island, FL - (321) 453-6577
Event Date : July 20th, 2009 from 10:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Arrive at 10:00 AM to setup decorations and get lunch ready to serve
Lunch at Noon (Music and socialize)
Games from 1:00 – 2:30pm
2:30 – 3:00 pm cleanup
We will use the games and activities already planned for the afternoon; they have 1 1/2 hours of
games after lunch and we will assist the staff on conducting the games and giving away prizes.
We will donate a Wii game for them to keep at the facility to keep the seniors active
Sam will make music CDs from the 40’s and 50’s; such as Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Tony
Bennett; they love karaoke singing especially the slower songs. We plan to have music playing
during the lunch.