Installation and Operating Instructions
JAD2 Air & Dirt Seperator PN16
JAD2 Air and Dirt Seperator PN16 - 892520, 892521, 892522, 892523, 892524,
892525, 892526, 892527, 892528
Applies to all Wolseley products referenced JAD2 (see product label 5 )
This product is designed and manufactured according to the Sound
Engineering Practice as stated in the Pressure Equipment Directive (97/23/
EC art.3.3) adopted by the European Parliament and the European Council
in May 1997.
This instruction must be given to the end user, who should keep it. All
local regulations must be taken into account.
Fully automatic removal of air, gas and dirt from water and water/glycol
mixtures (≤40%) in heating, chilled and cooling systems. Not suitable
for demineralised water, drinking and potable water and dangerous or
inflammable substances. If in doubt contact your local Pipe Center branch.
PreSSure AND temPerAture rANge
From 0 to 10 bar.g and 0 to 110 ºC.
All products are subject to final inspection procedures:
Functional test of the de-aerating valve:
Bleeding test Bleeding completely
Shut down test Shutting down completely
Test results Approved De-aerating valve Housing
Test pressure 0.5 +/- 0.1 bar 7 +/- 1 bar
Quality, safety and environmental aspects are managed within a certified
Managementsystem acc. to: Test medium Air Air
- NEN-EN-ISO 9001 Test time 10 s 60 s
- NEN-EN-ISO 14001 Test results No leakage No leakage
- OHSAS 18001
Installation and maintenance may only be carried out by a • Never use the drain valve 6 as filling valve.
When working on the Jet air and dirt separator always make the installation
pressureless and allow it to cool down. uSINg tHe Jet cOmbINeD AIr AND
HANDlINg tHe Jet AIr AND DIrt SePArAtOr geNerAl recOmmeNDAtIONS / OblIgAtIONS
• Follow these safety procedures when lifting the Jet air and dirt • It is not allowed to modify the Jet air and dirt separator nor to weld to
separator from its packaging: it other than necessary for mounting it into the installation.
- Use approved lifting chains / straps with safety hooks. • Make sure that the vent valve 1 is always left clear and that the
valves 3 / 6 are always accessible.
- Make sure that the lifting chains / straps are tight before lifting the Jet
air and dirt separator. • Take care: touching the product “in operation” may cause burns.
- Do not stand under the load. • Especially in the beginning the Jet air and dirt separator must be
drained off frequently by a competent installer to remove the dirt
- Make sure the Jet air and dirt separator can move freely. collected at the bottom.
INStAllINg tHe Jet cOmbINeD AIr AND DrAININg Off tHe cOmbINeD Jet AIr AND
DIrt SePArAtOr DIrt SePArAtOr
For optimum deaeration the Jet air and dirt separator should be installed at • Take care: when draining down hot water or steam may escape: fit a
the hottest point of the installation, for example in heating systems on the hose or make a permanent connection resistant to the pressure and
boiler Flow main and on chilled systems on the Return main. temperature concerned, to discharge the hot installation fluid into a
• The Jet air and dirt separator must be installed stress free. suitable place.
• The Jet air and dirt separator may not be used to support pipework. • Remove the safety plug 7 .
• The operation is multi-directional 4 . • Use the permanent connection or fit a discharge hose and take care
that it can’t slip off.
• The lifting lug 2 may only be used for handling during installation.
• Open the drain valve 6 gradually for a short period.
• Position the Jet air and dirt separator, with the vent connection in
vertical position, and mount it. • Shut off the drain valve as soon as no dirt is drained off anymore.
• Remove the lifting lug 2 • Try to restrict the amount of water drained off as much as possible.
• Fit the loose supplied air vent 1 and drain tap 3 . • Remove the hose and fit the safety plug 7 .
• If the installation is tested with compressed air, the Jet air and dirt • Check the installation pressure after the draining and fill up if
separator should be shut off temporarily with a bolt M4 and gasket necessary.
(not supplied) 1 . NOTE: thebolt shall be fitted hand tight.
• Take care: the bolt must be removed before commissioning the guArANtee
• Wolseley gives a guarantee of it’s products for 12 months after the
• Maximum allowable testing pressure 15 bar.g. date of purchase.
• The drain tap 3 fitted on top of the product is meant for draining • Incompetent use, incorrect installation, modifications and attempts
large quantities of air during filling of the installation: carry out repairs invalidate the guarantee.
1. Take care: hot water or steam may escape: • DAMAGE OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM FAILURES are not
2. Mount a hose, resistant to the pressure and temperature included in the guarantee.
concerned, to discharge the hot installation water to a suitable • Alterations reserved.
3. First remove the safety plug.
4. Fit the discharge hose and take care that it can not slip off.
• When the Jet air and dirt separator has been stored or mounted
5. Open the drain tap 3 gradually and let all the air escape. vertically, but not filled, for a longer period of time, the vent valve
6. Shut off the drain tap 3 as soon as no air escapes anymore and may leak for a short while. This will stop very quickly.
fit the safety cap. • Always contact your installer in case of malfunction.
7. The remaining deaeration is done automatically by the Jet air and • In case of leakage of the vent valve, the complete vent valve must be
dirt separator. replaced.
Whilst every care has been taken to ensure that the information included in this document For further information telephone
was accurate at the time of printing,we reserve the right to change specifications at any time.
0870 850 6538
or visit our website www.jetrange.co.uk