CalPERS School Employer
Advisory Committee Meeting
February 14, 2007
• Project Background
• my|CalPERS vision
• Benefits of my|CalPERS
• Detailed overview for Phase I
• Schedule of Releases
• The Future
• In 2006, CalPERS launched the Customer
Service Experience project to examine our
delivery of customer service to our members
• Guiding principles for self-service: secure, easy
to use, and personalized.
• Industry best practices research to help drive
the design of my|CalPERS.
To create a
centralized and secure
member portal for
CalPERS members to
conduct all their
business with CalPERS
and to allow them to
have a one-stop shop
for conducting all of their
Benefits for Member and Employers
• Allows member to interact independently with
• Reduces time required to assist members
perform routine tasks or find routine
• Helps member become better educated
about benefits, products and services
• Keeps members informed with news from
• Allows members to take a proactive role
What is my|CalPERS?
• The new and improved way for CalPERS members to view and
manage their personal information quickly, securely and in a
format they choose – all from one place – my.calpers.ca.gov.
• An integrated extension of CalPERS On-Line, specifically
designed for Members to access their account information, profile,
status updates, and all CalPERS self-services offered online.
my|CalPERS allows members to:
• Log in to view
services all in
From My Homepage (Logged In)
• View all
• Personalize the
viewed on their
• Subscribe to
• Manage all of
• Print and
• Learn more
• The strategic offering of the first phase:
– Builds a scalable foundation and flexible framework
for future growth and integration with CalPERS
initiatives, including the Customer Education Solution.
– Incorporates a seamless single login experience
between CalPERS On-Line and my|CalPERS.
– Builds a collection of online services for members
based upon the permissions set in their login profile.
– Redesigns targeted member applications to be
integrated into the my|CalPERS framework and the
11 new look & feel.
– Offers the first level of personalization
allowing members to select the look and
feel for their experience from a library of
templates and color palettes.
Samples of “California” Themes
The Pacific Wine
– Quick links to CalPERS On-Line news and information
– Serves contextual “ads” relevant to Members’ interests
and needs, including:
• Cross-promotion of programs and services
• Special marketing campaigns
– Open Enrollment
– Retirement Planning
– Benefit Fairs
– Member Education Opportunities
• Members will be able to:
– Transact with CalPERS securely.
• Make updates to their address.
• Quickly and easily search health plans by zip code.
• Use financial planning tools.
– Learn more about relevant products and services.
Special launch kits are being designed for employers as a
resource to help Members use my|CalPERS. Employers will not
have a log in to my|CalPERS, in Phase I.
• Phase I will launch June 2007.
• Phase I sets the foundation for the next two phases
scheduled to roll out in 2007-08.
– Phase II scheduled for 12/2007
– Phase III scheduled for 6/2008
• Release schedule allows for flexibility to meet
member needs as they are prioritized and defined.
• There are many opportunities to provide more
personalized information on CalPERS programs to
• There are unlimited possibilities to educate members
and engage members through my|CalPERS.
Marilyn S. Clark
User Experience and Communications Manager
Office of Public Affairs