According to witnesses, tables in the room were placed close together, narrowing the aisles, and chairs blocked both the aisles and the ramps to the food service stations. The blaze started in a function room at the opposite end of the club from the Cabaret Room, probably as a result of an electrical problem, and was discovered by employees between 8:45 and 8:50 p.m. The employees notified management, who ordered a hostess to evacuate the patrons and call the fire department at 9 p.m. after trying unsuccessfully to fight the fire using the portable extinguishers.
Pages to are hidden for
"Slow to React"Please download to view full document