2011 - 2012
Cheerleading is a full contact sport and must be taken seriously for the safety of all members. LHS has published a
handbook of rules and regulations that each athlete must follow. The LHS cheerleading program has added to these
regulations to form a higher standard and to fit the needs of the school. IN ADDITION TO the LHS athletic contract,
LHS cheer adheres to the following:
If any rules are not followed any one of the following actions may be taken:
A. Sitting with a coach during next performance/game.
B. Suspension from performances, must attend practices.
C. Dismissal from the team.
1. Arrive on time at any team activity.
2. Not chew gum during a game / competition.
3. Not display visible disrespect towards coach, captains, or team members at practice /
4. Wear appropriate uniform (hair up, no jewelry, wear cheer shoes, etc.)
5. Bring poms and accessories to all games
A. All students who participate in school events (game, contest, pep rally, performance) must be in
school 6 of the 9 periods of school the day the activity is scheduled in order to participate.
1. If a member is ill and misses ANY activity, he/she must be HOME or seeking medical
B. If a member misses any practice, it must be called in / email / note ahead of time to a coach.
a. A missed practice before a game/meet will result in sitting out for 2 quarters.
A. Each member will receive a uniform issued by the school. Uniforms are school property.
1. Members cannot wear uniforms to outside school activities (no Halloween or parties).
2. Uniforms are not to be lent to anyone.
3. Each member must maintain good condition and cleanliness of his/her uniform on a
weekly basis. They can be machine washed separately and hung to dry.
4. Each member will be required to return every item checked out at the end of their season
B. All members must wear their full uniform to all classes the day of a contest or game. In the event
of multiple contests /games in one week a coach can make a decision to change the dress code.
NO UGGS EVER!
C. Contest / Game Uniform must always be followed.
1. Only school issued uniforms may be worn, cheer shoes, squad ribbons, joggers and
hoodies or jackets may be worn to cheer in. No bra straps should show. No colored nail
D. Practice Dress Code must be in full compliance for each practice.
1. No jewelry at any time, this includes belly button, tongue, rings, ear, nose, plugs, studs,
athletic jewelry – nothing of the sort – If not removable, it must be taped BEFORE
Lynbrook High School
General Rules & Misc.
A. Members are responsible for checking the web site
https://secure.lynbrook.k12.ny.us/mminicus/cheerleading.htm every week and/or their
school email for cheer updates, game dates, time changes, or other information.
a. It is a personal responsibility to inform coaches of new email addresses & numbers.
B. Members must maintain the same transportation to/from contests, unless a note is given by the
parents 24 hours in advance to the AD, Mr. Graham.
A. Each member should participate in fundraising (car wash).
We appreciate everyone’s assistance in maintaining the higher standard for this school, organization and as individuals.
In order to participate in the Lynbrook High School Cheerleading Program these standards must be followed.
If you have read and agree to the above, please sign below:
Parent/Guardian Name Signature Date
Cheerleader Name Signature Date
Lynbrook High School