2012 Sanderling Way, Lawrenceville, GA 30043 Phone: 770.963.8052
Technical writer seeking contract position in Atlanta
• 5+ years experience developing print documentation and online help systems.
• Master’s degree in Technical and Professional Communication.
• Expertise in creating online help, software user guides, installation guides, quick reference cards, etc.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, quick learning abilities, strong interpersonal skills.
Desktop Publishing: Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint
Online Help: RoboHelp HTML
Graphics: Visio, Paint Shop Pro, Full Shot, Adobe Photoshop
Web design: Microsoft FrontPage, Concrete5 CMS, HTML
Technical writer, HealthPort, GA (Healthcare services)
• Wrote, edited, and updated user guides, installation guides, reference manuals for healthcare
management software using Word, Visio, Full Shot.
• Developed and updated several online help systems for web based applications using RoboHelp.
Communicated effectively with all levels of technical, non-technical, and managerial personnel to
analyze documentation requirements.
• Multi-tasked on several documentation projects as the sole technical writer.
Technical writer, Scientific Games, GA (Lottery systems)
• Wrote, edited, and updated functional specifications, quick reference cards, retailer user guides for
international and domestic lotteries. Used a variety of software products, such as FrameMaker, Word,
PowerPoint, Visio, Full Shot, Paint Shop Pro.
• Created online help systems for game management software products using RoboHelp.
• Led initiatives in researching advantages of single sourcing SGI documentation through RoboHelp;
developed process documents as part of process improvement initiatives.
Kakoli Bose Resume Page 1 of 2
Technical writer/Editor, iVivity, GA (Storage Network Processor)
• Wrote, edited, and updated specifications, datasheets, quick reference cards for storage network
processors. Worked closely with developers and subject matter experts to analyze documentation
• As the sole technical writer, multi-tasked on several documentation projects, such as developing
template for technical documents, creating publications style guide, designing documentation map for
iVivity customers, etc.
Technical writer, Helpwrite, GA (Consulting)
• Edited and updated print manuals for HR software; interviewed developers and QA engineers to
analyze documentation requirements; estimated project requirements.
• Served as editor for many technical documents, including user guides, installation guides, and
Technical writer, Ross Systems, GA (ERP systems)
• Received Information Mapping certification; used IM methodology to redesign user guides, change
summaries, installation guides, release notes for ERP software.
• Designed, created, and maintained HTML Help for Portal applications.
• Updated style guide for Ross technical publications department.
Graduate: M.S. Technical and Professional Communication (G.P.A. 4.0)
Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA
Currently enrolled in Advanced Certificate in Instructional Design in SPSU’s Information Design and
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Graphics: Adobe Photoshop training
• Web Design: Continuing education courses on HTML (Gwinnett Technical College)
• Information Mapping Certification: Developing Procedures, Policies & Documentation
• Online Help Training: RoboHelp HTML
REFERENCES AND PORTFOLIO
Kakoli Bose Resume Page 2 of 2