Access your computer from another computer
Setting up File Sharing:
File Sharing allows you to access your computer from another computer on
campus (ie: during teacher webpage design class). Before you can share or
access your computer you need to set up your computer for file sharing.
1. At your computer, pull down the "Apple Menu" to "System
Preferences " and then select "Sharing."
2. Check the box "File Sharing."
3. Choose the who you want to be able to share your computer with.
4. Once you have done all the above steps, close the window. You will
need to leave your computer ON in order to access it from elsewhere.
5. In your finder window, you should see computers you may share with on
the left side.