Sociology Name _______________________
Ch 5, Section 1: Genetics Survey
1. For each one, I'd like you to tell me whether this behavior is completely, mostly,
somewhat, or not at all determined by heredity and/or genes (things you are born with).
Issue Completely Mostly Somewhat Not at all
* Neurotic behavior – examples include anxieties, phobias, compulsions, etc.
2. Thinking again specifically about homosexuality, in your opinion is homosexuality
something a person is born with, or is homosexuality due to other factors such as
upbringing or environment? (circle one)
Born with -- upbringing / environment
3. Do you think that insurance companies should cover all, most, some, or none of the
costs for treating...
All Most Some None
4. In your opinion, which of the following behaviors can people choose to avoid
and which are beyond a person's control?
Issue Choose to Beyond control
5. For each issue I read, please tell me if you strongly favor, somewhat favor,
somewhat oppose or strongly oppose it.
Issue Strongly Somewhat In between Somewhat Strongly
favor favor oppose oppose
6. Do you think that racial and ethnic differences are mostly due to culture and family
upbringing or mostly due to heredity and genes? (circle one) Thoroughly explain why?
Culture/family upbringing – heredity/genes – both – neither