To the first ever Silent Auction in support of a first ever Canadian FEI
Junior Dressage Team! We hope that you will “bid, boogie and buy”
with us as we prepare to go to the first ever North American Junior Dressage
Championships at Paxton Farms in Batavia, Ohio on June 28, 2001.
Dare to dream of the future success of Dressage as you dig deep into your
pockets and make bids on our fabulous Silent Auction items! And join the
Juniors, their parents, the sponsors, donors, and the very exhausted
organizers of this event, at 5 pm on Saturday, for a Cocktail Party to
celebrate the Juniors and wish them good luck.
Throughout the show, The FEI Juniors will be selling $10 AND $20
“SURPRISE GIFT BAGS” in the barn/stall areas. We guarantee that the
surprises will exceed your expectations and the dollars you pay for them.
Please take a moment of your time to meet the Juniors – they are a terrific
bunch of kids!
Most of all enjoy the show and Thank you all for your generous financial and
To all of our wonderful Donors and Sponsors Thank you!
ACME ENVIRONMENTALS, APPLE SADDLERY, ARISTA, ASK COSMETICS, BACK IN THE SADDLE, BAKER’S
SADDLERY, CHRIS BOARDMAN, BOLTON INN, SHARON BROOKS, BUCOS BLANKETS, THE BURBIDGE
FAMILY, DAVID BURKE-PANGAEA FARMS, BOOGALOO HORSE EQUIPMENT, THE BODY SHOP, BRIDLE
PATH TACK, JACQUELINE BROOKS, BUSINESS DEPOT, CAVALIER EQUESTRIAN PRODUCTS INC., DR. E.
CAROLINE, PAT CAZA, DR. T. CHALATURNYK, CHAPTERS, CORNERSTONE FARMS, JESSICA COSTELLO,
JOHN COSTIN, COWBOY MAGIC, CRYSTAL CHRYSLER, THE DAVIES CHARITABLE FOUNDATION, DESIGN
TIFFANY, DIMPLEX, DOMINION GRAPHICS, DOUBLE HORSESHOE TACK, EDO RESTAURANT, EQUINE
GAZETTE, EQUISOURCE, FIRST LINK FIRST AID & CPR, FLAGS UNLIMITED, FOXHUNTER, ANNE GAGE,
GREENHAWK, MARTHA GRIGGS, NATALIE AND ANDRE GOSSELIN, HACK N’ TACK, HARBOUR 60
RESTAURANT, HARMONY HYUNDAI, ALBRECHT HEIDEMANN, HENRY EQUESTRIAN INSURANCE
BROKERS INC., PAUL HILLIER-LAUGHING TASTEBUDS, HIGHPOINT AWARDS, HODGES LANDING,
PATRICIA HOGGE PHOTOGRAPHY, HORSE & COUNTRY, HORSE CONNEXIONS, HORSE SPORT
MAGAZINE, HOUSE OF CHAN RESTAURANT, HY’S STEAKHOUSE & COCKTAIL BAR, IN THE RIBBONS,
CINDY ISHOY, JENSEN TRAILERS, JOIA RESTAURANTE, JOYFUL CREATIONS, STEVE JORGENSEN, RUTH
KOCH, KETTLEBY LANES TACK SHOP, JOHN KREIKAMP, L.W. TACK, CATHY LANE, VICKI LEWIS, Dr. J.R.
MADRONICH, M&M MEAT SHOPS, THE MCILWHAM FAMILY, JOHN MACPHERSON, MARTIN’S SADDLERY,
MARYNISSEN ESTATES WINERY, MASTERFEEDS, MILLCROFT INN, CATHY OVER, PARK ‘N FLY,
PINESTONE RESORT, PRIMI RESTAURANT, DR. V. PRINGLE, PROMOTIVATE INTL., RENGAR FARM
SERVICES, THE REPEAT RIDER, THE RIDER’S ADVERTISER, THE RIDER’S HABIT, SCARAMOUCHE
RESTAURANT, SCHLEESE SADDLERY SERVICES, SEARS TRAVEL, KEVIN SHEEHAN, STOUFFVILLE’S
BAKER HILL-GIFTS, GILLIAN SUTHERLAND, TAYLOR MADE TOO PRODUCTS, TIM HORTON’S, TOPLINE
TRAILERS, TRANSCONTINENTAL PRINTING INC., TRAVELOGUE, BELINDA TRUSSEL, LEE TUBMAN,
UNIWORLD TRAVEL, GARY VANDER PLOEG, VINCE’S COUNTRY MARKETS, VISTAKON, YORKVILLE
PRINTING, YORK EQUESTRIAN CENTRE, YORK EQUESTRIAN RIDING SCHOOL, ZATS CAFÉ
SILENT AUCTION RULES
1. NO TAX !!! CASH AND VISA ONLY!!!
2. CHECKS WITH PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY
3. BIDDING INCREMENTS MUST BE FOLLOWED OR BID IS INVALID.
4. ALL SALES FINAL, NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS! NO DELIVERY.
5. AUCTION BEGINS FRIDAY, JUNE 1 AT NOON AND ENDS AT 7 PM JUNE 2.
6. RESERVE BIDS AND ABSENT BIDS ALLOWED.
7. EMAILED BIDS BASED ON THE CATALOGUE WILL BE TAKEN UP TO 5PM,
MAY 31, 2001.
8. THE LAST LEGIBLE NAME ON THE BID SHEET WILL BECOME THE
9. ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR AND PICKED UP BY 2 PM, SUNDAY, JUNE 3,
10. AUCTION DIRECTOR HAS FINAL SAY IN ANY/ ALL DISPUTES ARISING
PAYMENT BY EXPRESS CHECKOUT
PRE-REGISTERED AND ENJOY FASTER EXPRESS CHECK OUT. PRE-REGISTER BY
SUPPLYING YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, VISA NUMBER, AND PHOTO I.D. AT ANY
TIME PRIOR TO THE CLOSE OF THE AUCTION AT 7PM JUNE 2nd.
SILENT AUCTION ITEMS
# DESCRIPTION $VALUE/$MIN.BID/$INCREMENTS
1. Henry Equestrian Plan horse cooler -black wool with white trim, front buckle and ―All About Horses‖ by
Lawrence Scanlon, a wonderful book about the inner lives of horses.
2. Winter Blanket size 78 (but really a 79!) by Bridle Path Tack Shop-quilted mid-weight Burgundy nylon
exterior, nylon non-rubbing shoulders, smooth black interior, built-in leg straps and belly strap.
3. A finely drawn, colour, custom pet portrait (11‖x 14‖) by well known artist, Cathy Lane, plus a gorgeous 5
by 7 inch crystal Mikasa frame!
4. Boogaloo Brushing Boots & a Subscription to HORSE SPORT! Protect your horse’s legs with a pair of fine,
black leather boots while you read the local equestrian news!
5. Decorate your table with this Hermes style equine theme lamp (15‖ tall, with saddles, bits and horse
equipment scattered over an off white background-square base) and a unique white washed wood and
wrought iron picture frame (3‖ by 5‖ picture) Totally unique items from the Repeat Rider and Hodges
6. This beautiful wrought iron magazine rack, full of Elm Street magazines, ―Chickadee‖ and ―Chirp‖ plus 2
whips and Disney’s ―Grove Centre‖ and ―Action Game‖ computer games (ages 8+), will stand proudly next
to your chair!
7. Handcrafted by Martin of Martin’s Saddlery, this brown full leather horse size show HALTER is a prize!
Combined with a 12‖ by 14‖ framed print by Janet Griffin Scott, (―Dressage Elegance‖) this is an
8. This hand crafted, European style, SADDLE RACK by John Kreikamp will be perfect in your tackroom. It’s
grooming supply compartment, light pine finish, 2 bridle hooks and charming heart-shaped detailing, will
make you want to take it home immediately! Included are one white century contoured Dressage pad and
9. Bake Bread and Break Bread by having LAUGHING TASTEBUDS personal chef, PAUL HILLIER come to your
house to cook dinner or fill your freezer. Then let the Sunbeam Expressbake Breadmaker (white) bake for
you overnight so that you can wake up to the wonderful aroma of fresh baked bread the next morning!
10. The Garden Basket! Design Tiffany’s 6-sided, 18‖ diameter PATIO STONE with inlaid glass dressage rider
on a sage green field is a must for the rider’s garden. Add a rustic candle lantern from Stouffville’s Baker
Hill and you’re set for summer.
11. Fine English Pewter CUP with horse head and warmblood branding iron motif. Use it to enjoy a 1996 bottle
of Sterling Vineyard’s Cabernet Sauvignon.
12. OAKLEY SUNGLASSES! Cobalt blue frames & red, iridium lens, ―new zero‖ in a soft vault black zipper case.
13. MINOLTA BINOCULARS, EZ 7 by 35 Standard Binoculars & ―Attracting Birds‖ by Elaine Butler.
14. Reminiscent of French cave drawings, this beautiful framed print depicts the ancient horse in ink on a sage
washed background. (approx. (40‖by20‖ horizontal)
15. Attention Grandparents! KOMFORT RIDER TODDLER SEAT by BOPEEP filled with children’s crops, 101
Dalmations CD & Toy, and a Child size ―Pulse‖ Electric Toothbrush.
16. More fabulous Art! Famous ―HELPING HANDS‖ print, numbered and signed by Janet Griffin Scott. (approx.
20‖ by 22‖)
17. V-Tech Cordless, (translucent cool-pale green) telephone model VT 039111. Great for the kids’ room!
18. Play Bocce Ball in the Garden this summer! A great Italian set.
19. Treat yourself to a Basket of Goodies from the BODY SHOP; Shampoos, Lotions, Lip care, Foot care and
20. Books and Games go together; ―The Way of the Horse‖ by Jane Kidd and the original SCRABBLE all
presented in a basket tray.
21. Another zany package! ―The New Rider’s Companion‖ book and vase shaped like an ancient amphora and
a V-Tech cordless phone (see item 17 for phone details).
22. Minolta Veltis GX-1 Camera and ―Who Wants to Be a Millionaire‖ Computer game. Keep the kids happy
while you go off and shoot million dollar pictures!
23. Casio Digital Phone mate 900 MHz—One of the best!
24. George Foreman’s Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine! What a mouthful! Grill sandwiches, meats,
veggies…you name it!
25. SHOP VAC Model QPV 10 5B. The Original wet/dry shop vac with water pumping capacity. Indespensible
in the barn!
26. Computer games for the Kids! Disney’s own ―101 Dalmations‖ and ―The Magical Racing Tour‖ plus two kid
27. Horse Sport 1 year Subscription and ―Best Horse Stories‖ the anthology of best horse stories by classic top
28. The sweetest little piece of furniture you have ever seen: by Joyful Creations, this hand painted hall bench
with storage space (under seat), pastel background and a foreground of Dressage riders and horses.
(approx. 22‖ W x 32‖ H x 18‖ D) Great for the Grandkids.
29. Miller’s Roma Dressage Saddle Pad, bat style whip and famous Pavonia skin cleanser (human use only!).
30. 8 Gallon Pail of PUR-A-YEAST by PURINA plus ―Choosing a Dressage Horse‖ by author Leonie Marshall.
31. 8 KG Pail of EQUI-MIN by Purina plus ―Questions on Dressage‖ by auther Leonie Marshall.
32. Mouth care for you and your horse! Sprenger KK Bit and an Interplak Electric toothbrush.
33. Pikeur Breeches from the Rider’s Habit! The full seat breeches of your choice, any size or style, Men’s or
34. Cavalier Equestrian’s black DOMINUS DOUBLE DRESSAGE BRIDLE W/ gold brow detailing. Simply said,
one of the best.
35. Schumacher Full Seat White Show Breeches size 32L Ladies from Hack N’ Tack. If YOU forgot your show
breeches, WE are prepared to let this one go early!
36. Arista Full Seat Breeches! Your choice of a riding pant built for comfort (I know!) from any Retailer who
37. A custom made Dressage Jacket by Stitches in Time (London area) Have your new jacket made perfectly
38. VEGAS! CAESARS! Three or four nights (depending on whether weekend or weekday) at famous Caesar’s
Palace in Las Vegas! Show girls, gambling, shopping and NO horses!
39. First Aid needed? We hope this never happens at YOUR barn but if it does, be prepared with FIRST LINK
First Aid and CPR training. This item offers a training program for six people; use it for the barn staff or
your company’s in house program, and be prepared for emergencies.
40. A BREEDING TO MATTGOLD, RODERO or LASKAN! Not only is David Burke of Pangaea Farms, a very
generous donor, but he was the first to offer us a Silent Auction item. And what an item!! The stallions
are excellent sires of successful progeny. Take advantage of this unique auction item to improve your
41. PAVONIA PRODUCTS- One of the finest (and most expensive!) skin care lines and used by estheticians
internationally, this package contains phyto gel cleanser, spot treatment, and bath oil.
42. More PAVONIA! Essential oils bath & shower gel, Seaweed Exfoliating soap.
43. More PAVONIA! Problem skin Purifying Mask, Care Cream, Lotion and Spot Treatment.
LESSONS AND PRIVATE CLINICS WITH OUR ELITE RIDERS! PLUS A FEW FABULOUS EQUINE
44. JOHN COSTIN CLINIC- 2 LESSONS AND OVERNIGHT STABLING
45. RUTH KOCH LESSON
46. CINDY ISHOY LESSON
47. BELINDA TRUSSEL CLINIC – 2 LESSONS, OVERNIGHT STABLING AT OAKCREST AND TRAILERING TO AND
FROM WITHIN 75 KM (with Chris Boardman)
48. HORSE DENTISTRY! Let Kevin Sheehan do a complete float for your horse and then buy an electric tooth
brush (item 64) for your own teeth! Kevin will travel to you if you are within a two hour drive from
Oshawa. He does horses only!
49. GARY VANDER PLOEG CLINIC – 2 LESSONS, OVERNIGHT STABLING AT PINERIDGE AND TRAILERING TO
AND FROM WITHIN 75 KM (with Andre Gosselin)
50. JACQUIE BROOKS LESSON AND STABLING AT YORK EQUESTRIAN FOR THE AUGUST DRESSAGE SHOW
51. PALGRAVE STABLING FOR ONE DRESSAGE SHOW
52. GILLIAN SUTHERLAND LESSON
53. JESSICA COSTELLO LESSON
54. LEE TUBMAN – A PACKAGE OF THREE LESSONS
55. JOHN MACPHERSON - TWO LESSON PACKAGE
56. MARTHA GRIGGS PRIVATE CLINIC – TWO CROSS COUNTRY LESSONS AND ONE OVERNIGHT STABLING AT
57. YORK EQUESTRIAN RIDING SCHOOL – 4 LESSONS, HORSE INCLUDED IN THE SCHOOL OR CERTIFICATE
CAN BE USED FOR PRIVATE LESSONS WITH A JUMPING INSTRUCTOR TO BE NEGOTIATED WITH THE
58. OOPS! A LITTLE SURPRISE FOR THE SILENT AUCTION
TRAVEL, WEEKENDS AWAY AND USEFUL ACCOMMODATION
59. A fabulous weekend at the PINESTONE INN GOLF RESORT! 2 NIGHTS AND A $50 CREDIT FOR ANY
SERVICE OF YOUR CHOICE. Thank you Travelogue!
60. Stay close to Palgrave at the Bolton Inn! 2 nights accommodation (queen size)
61. MILLCROFT INN! One of Ontario’s finest small Inns, offers a Sunday night for 2 including continental
62. Award winning Photographer Patricia Hogge capture you and your horse for all time and then put the photo
into your beautiful 5 x 7 crystal Mikasa picute frame.
63. Electric Toothbrush for a Child – Keeps cavities down and makes it fun to brush!
64. Electric Toothbrush for an Adult – Maybe this item should be purchased with 48?
65. MASTERFEEDS! A SIX MONTH SUPPLY OR $450 WORTH OF HORSE FEED TO BE ARRANGED THROUGH
YOUR LOCAL DEALER!
66. MIKASA VASE – A classic lead crystal, 6 ¾‖ size for a sophisticated bunch of roses, or a handful of wild
67. Equi-Plus Vitamins 2 KG, recommended and donated by Dr. V. Pringle.
68. Fine English Pewter CUP with horse head and warmblood branding iron motif. The second one is in item
11 if you want the pair!
69. DIMPLEX ELECTRIC STOVE! Top of the line, electric fireplace that you won’t believe is not a real fire.
Matte Black, safe in the barn or tack room and gorgeous!
70. One year’s supply of Accuvue 2 Contact lenses. If you wear them, buy them here!
71. Beautiful Amberhill equine theme Ladies belt (size 30) in rich, textured brown calf leather. Gorgeous!
72. More! Amberhill equine theme Ladies belt (size 30) in smooth, medium brown calf leather.
73. And more Amberhill! Charming child’s belt, black with silver coloured horse show ribbons!
74. JES SCHLEESE SADDLE Dressage or GP, a fabulous saddle generously donated by Schleese Saddlery
75. A Picnic Spectacular! Perfect for the Horse show, this basket of delectables won’t last long.
76. From our Junior Team Coach, Albrecht Heidemann, the Connoisseur’s Choice; 2 fine wine glasses, 2
fine Cabernet Sauvignon wines, and a Lesson during the June 14-23 Pause Awhile Training Camp!
77. Dinner at fabulous, HARBOUR 60 STEAKHOUSE, close to the Skydome, Air Canada Centre and the
waterfront. Great Food and a wonderful, clubby atmosphere.
78. Dinner at Scaramouche! The best views, the best continental cuisine in Toronto—an absolute landmark in
the heart of Forest Hill.
79. Dinner at EDO Restaurant undisputedly the finest Japanese cuisine in Toronto. Their sushi bar is to die for
and main courses are the finest, freshest in the city!
REALLY FUN STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
80. A Date with Jaimey Irwin and dinner for two at the HOUSE OF CHAN STEAK AND SEAFOOD Restaurant, in
downtown Toronto. One of the best with one of the best—what a pair!
81. A Date with Courtney Brooks and a dinner for two at the HOUSE OF CHAN STEAK AND SEAFOOD
Restaurant. Doesn’t this just get better and better?
82. A Date with Tara Marshall and a dinner for two at PRIMI RESTAURANT, the best bistro in Forest Hill Village.
Talk riding, traveling, or physical fitness to your heart’s content!
83. A Date with Scott Ottewell and dinner for two at Bay Street’s favorite, HY’S STEAKHOUSE AND COCKTAIL
BAR. Whether its jumping, warmbloods or dressage, Scott can give you the lowdown!
Please note that the above “dates” have been donated in the spirit of fun and that the date may be
a dinner but does not need to be; riding, walking, going to a movie or meeting for a coffee would all
be acceptable and appropriate “dates”.
84. Music with Courtney Brooks! Have a wedding or special party in your future? Courtney sings classical,
popular and even a little rock n’ roll! Enjoy her singing at your next event! Date, format, location
85. BACK STREET BOY TICKETS! Two tickets to a Back Street Boys Concert. Date to be announced at
86. Bucos Shamrock Ultra Sweat Blanket (size 78, deep, royal blue with Shamrock/Bucos logo) fabulous for
transport, stable (lightweight), underrug, or as a sweat blanket. The lining is stay dry and wicks moisture
away from the body.
87. “Ask” Cosmetic bag full of nail, and hair care product in a very useful and attractive tote bag. Great
product, beautifully packaged!
88. L’Annee Hyppique Olympic Edition 2000 and a subscription to HorseSport magazine! Review the
international year in the L’Annee and then keep reading the current news in the magazine!
MANY MORE ITEMS TO COME AT THE AUCTION ON JUNE 1 & 2:, SHOW BASKETS, BOOKENDS, ACME
ENVIRONMENTAL FLOWER DISPLAY, AN AERIAL TOUR OF OTTAWA!!! AND MORE, MORE, MORE…
AND IF YOUR HEART’S DESIRE IS LISTED ABOVE, EMAIL MISHA DUBBELD AT
firstname.lastname@example.org with a RESERVE BID. INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, AND THE ITEM
NUMBER AND THE AMOUNT YOU ARE PREPARED TO GO UP TO ON ANY ITEM LISTED. WE WILL
ENTER THE AMOUNT ON THE BID SHEETS AT THE LOWEST BID AND KEEP GOING UP BY
INCREMENTS. YOUR RESERVE BID ONLY MEANS THE MAXIMUM YOU WILL PAY. YOU MAY PAY
LESS ACCORDING TO HOW BIDDING GOES AT THE ACTUAL, LIVE EVENT.
A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU, FOR ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO
WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE THIS SILENT AUCTION HAPPEN:
Cornerstone’s Barbara Mitchell and John Taylor
Sandra Marynissen of Marynissen Wines
Tom & Liz McIlwham
all of the FEI Juniors who provided inspiration, contributed prizes, made
signs, and did administrative work so graciously!
And Roz Farber, without whom we would not have an FEI Junior Team to
raise funds for!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!