Rates and fees Transaction fees
With a Global One there’s no hidden costs. You always know exactly
Note that our interest rates on savings change
what you are paying for.
according to market conditions. Get the latest ﬁgures in the
following ways: Debit card purchases
Local debit card purchase FREE
• Visit our website.
International debit card purchase** FREE
• Call our Client Care Centre.
• Speak to a sales consultant.
Cash withdrawals (ﬁxed fee*)
Open a Global One facility today Pick n Pay or Boxer tillpoint 1.00
Opening a Global One is easy and almost paperless. Shoprite, Checkers or PEP tillpoint with purchase (cashback) 1.00
Visit your nearest Capitec Bank branch with the following: Capitec Bank ATM 3.75
• Your South African ID book.
• Proof of residence (e.g. municipal rates and taxes account in
switch banks and save Other bank ATM
your name with your street address, not older than 3 months).
• Latest salary slip (for credit applications). Cash 75c per R100
• Bank statement for the past 90 days (for credit applications). Open a Global One facility, deposit your salary
Interaccount transfers (Capitec Bank cashiers and ATMs)
and pay the lowest transaction fees. Own linked accounts FREE
Other Capitec Bank accounts 2.75
Your money is safe in a Capitec Bank Global One facility. Your
card is protected by a PIN, and your Global One is protected
Compare your typical monthly bank costs Other bank accounts 2.75
by ﬁngerprint biometrics and photo identiﬁcation for safe Number of Traditional Capitec YOU
Transactions transactions bank Bank SAVE
transacting in our branches. Cash withdrawals (own ATM,
2 33.00 7.50 25.50 Account statement 2.75
average R1 000)
Cash withdrawals (other ATM, Monthly administration 4.50
Further information 1 11.25 7.00 4.25
Create, amend or cancel stop order (in branch) 3.75
Call our 24hr Client Care Centre on 0860 10 20 43 or visit
Balance enquiries (own ATM)
Account statements (branch)
1.75 Stop order 2.75 one solution, one card
Interaccount payments (Capitec Bank Debit order (normal) 2.75
2 40.00 5.50 34.50
accounts/Other bank accounts)
Debit order (early: NAEDO/AEDO) 4.50
Monthly administration fee 1 10.00 4.50 5.50
Returned debit order (normal)/stop order 3.75
Debit card purchases 6 12.00 FREE 12.00
Debit orders (normal) 2 17.00 5.50 11.50 Returned debit order (early: NAEDO/AEDO) NIL
Total per month 22 127.75 32.75 95.00
Non-salary cheque deposit 3.75 transactions. savings. credit.
Total per year 264 1 533.00 393.00 1 140.00 Replace/Additional card 30.00
Table as at March 2010
• According to www.thinkmoney.co.za, the Global One facility Fees include VAT. Pricing correct at time of publication and subject
is the best alternative to the 4 traditional banks. to change.
• The table above indicates the number of transactions based * Fixed fee means it does not increase as the value of the
on the average usage by R10 000 per month earner transaction increases.
according to ThinkMoney. ** Limited to travel-related transactions in terms of Section B16
of the Exchange Control Rulings of the South African
• According to ThinkMoney the average interest of R186 per
All information correct at time of going to print, 12/07/2010. Reserve Bank.
A registered credit provider. NCR Reg. No.: NCRCP13 year earned on the Capitec Daily Savings Account will bring
Capitec Bank Limited Reg. No.: 1980/003695/06 the real banking cost down to R231 per year.
the easiest daily money management
solution transactions savings credit
The single solution to your banking needs Swipe your Global One card for the following Daily Savings Account Personal loan
transactions All clients get a Daily Savings Account which is a transaction Get up to R100 000 in cash when you need it and repay over
• Your Global One facility is a single solution to daily money
and savings account in one. It is your primary account, a term of 1 to 48 months.
management that lets you transact, save and access credit • Debit card purchases at zero transaction fees.
and gives you access to our other saving and credit options.
in realtime via a Daily Savings Account. • Pay accounts at retailers at zero transaction fees. • Approved in minutes and the cash is available immediately.
Note that a Capitec Bank savings account and Daily Savings
• Pay the lowest fees available for bank transactions. • Pay for petrol at zero transaction fees. • Deposit your salary at Capitec Bank to qualify for
Account refer to the same account.
• Earn highly competitive interest on savings. • Cashbacks at Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Checkers, lower interest rates.
• Get the easiest access to the best-priced credit. PEP and Boxer for R1. • Earn the highest interest available on daily savings balances. • Get free credit life insurance on loans 6 months or longer.
• ATM withdrawal fee ﬁ xed regardless of the amount drawn. • Paperless transactions at the lowest fees available. • All loans comply with the National Credit Act, No. 34 of 2005.
• Money transfers. • If you become over-indebted, please speak to a sales
Take control of your daily money management
• Stop orders and debit orders. Savings Plan consultant as soon as possible.
• One facility for transactions, savings and credit. Once you have opened a Daily Savings Account you can create
• One card gives you access to all accounts. Internet Banking your own Savings Plan according to your speciﬁc needs. Retrenchment cover
• Paperless banking means you never ﬁll in forms. Convenient account access any time or place at the lowest fees.
• Transparent pricing means you know exactly what fees Visit your nearest branch to register. • Choose your deposit amount/s and the frequency of Get retrenchment cover on loans 12 months or longer.
you are paying. your deposit/s.
• Maximum of 2 loans covered.
• You get what you want immediately. Cellphone Services • Open up to 4 Savings Plans, including Fixed Term
• Up to R18 000 per loan.
• Card, PIN, ﬁngerprint biometrics and photo identiﬁcation Simplify your banking today. Visit your nearest branch and register Savings Plan/s.
• Only for retrenchments occurring 3 months after entering
for safe in-branch banking. your cellphone. • Personalise your plan/s with a unique name.
into loan agreement.
• The easiest Internet Banking at the lowest fees. • Access the plan/s via the Internet or Capitec Bank ATMs only.
• Cellphone Services for convenient account information. Multi Loan
• Account access with your card at any other bank’s ATM. Get updates via SMS on funds coming in or going out your account.
Fixed Term Savings Plan A monthly loan that can be used for ﬁnancial emergencies
• More than 400 branches nationwide. • Get account updates for either debits, credits or both.
Once you have created a Savings Plan you have the option to ﬁx or daily needs. Credit as and when you need it.
• 24hr Client Care Centre for account information and support. • Choose your preferred times for receiving updates.
the term so you can earn even more interest and achieve your
• Choose your minimum transaction limit for receiving updates. • Approved in-branch once every 12 months.
• Money advanced to your Daily Savings Account via SMS, no
Cellphone Balance enquiry
• Choose a ﬁ xed term between 6 and 24 months to make matter where you are.
Conﬁrm your Daily Savings Account balance any time. SMS us • Interest and fees only charged on funds advanced.
multiple deposits up to a maximum investment of R1 million.
and we will reply with your account balance and available funds. • Repayable each month.
• Choose a ﬁ xed term between 6 and 60 months to make one
Multi Loan SMS lump sum deposit up to a maximum investment of R5 million.
• Interest rate ﬁ xed for the full term of your plan.
Get extra cash from your Multi Loan when you need it, any time
• Reinvest the interest earned or transfer it to any of your
or place. The amount you request will be transferred into your
Savings Plan/s or your Daily Savings Account.
Daily Savings Account.
• Funds available on the agreed maturity date.