The abuse scam

Document Sample
The abuse scam Powered By Docstoc
					                                                 The abuse scam.
“You can’t have a contract outside of the divorce agreement.”
              - Attorney Sheila Baresi in a Pre-trial Conference via phone, 8/21/08

“Oh, they live together?”
   – First Assistant Register of the Norfolk Probate Court, (NPFC) John Jenney, 2005.

        On February 15th, 2005 docket #03D1651DV1 had what should have been its final entry, the
signing of a Divorce Nisi between Lynne Sheridan (Sheridan) and Mark Bell. (Bell) In fact, it was just
the beginning.
        Bell is not sure of what has transpired outside of his view that day, and many other days of this
account of the circumstances. This day started in the Office of First Assistant Register of NPFC John
Jenney. (Jenney) It was the rescheduled day of divorce for the two, a date that was pushed back from a
few days before Christmas, 2004.1
        Attorney Michael Podolski, (Podolski) representing Sheridan, approached Bell and Tom Benner
(Benner), representing Bell, and asked that Phillip Sheridan, (Phillip) Sheridan’s brother, be present for
the mediation session. Both Bell and Benner said “no.”
        “You want him in there,” stated Podolski in a manner that Benner and Bell felt was convincing,
and the only way progress could be made, as Sheridan made none from her side previously.
        Bell and Benner agreed he could be in there.
        As soon as the parties sat down for mediation, Jenney asked who, Phillip, was, and why he was
        “I’m their accountant,” Phillip stated.
        “Ok, then sit back there and shut up,” Jenney stated.2
        The topic of the Irving Canner Testamentary Trust, a trust created by Bell and his family, was on
the table, first item. Bell immediately told Benner to stop the discussion, as the trust was not to be on the
table per their earlier discussions.
        “Shhhhh,” whispered Benner.
        Bell was trusting his lawyer, as he was advised by another that while Bell could perform many
aspects of the divorce, Pro Se, he should have counsel to wrap it up.
        It was decided in very quick order that yearly $5000 distributions from the trust created by Bell’s
family, would be not only distributed to Bell and Sheridan for expenses for the children, but Phillip
would be reimbursed for some items by the trust that he had paid for, for daughter of the marriage

        Judge Carey was having her typical busy day in her courtroom, and had been assigned this case
per typical NPFC protocol. From time to time the lawyers went up to her courtroom to update her on the
progress of the day’s events. Their time in the courtroom was minimal.

  The date of the original divorce was scheduled the week before Christmas, 2004, a date Mark Bell stated from the beginning
to Attorney Tom Benner “would never be honored” because family member and Court Clerk Archie Keohane would not
allow the Sheridan’s traditional Christmas preparations to have such an occurrence so close to Christmas. Bell called the
court and asked why the hearing date had been changed. He was told that two cases had extended their times…”day four of a
two-day case” he was told…but the amount of time spent in front of Judge Carey was minimal at best, at every appearance
for the agreement.
  John Jenney is a kind and courteous person. This comment was surprisingly gruff from him.

        Other items were tossed around and a handwritten-sloppy agreement was prepared. Both lawyers
were somewhat rushed. Podolski for reasons unknown. Benner had an event to attend the next day and
wanted to get this done. In all, there really was no reason it could not be done in one day.
        The day ran late, and Judge Carey stayed late for the final agreement to be signed. At a time that
may have been well past typical hours for court business, the couple signed the sloppy agreement with
the agreement from Podolski that his office would reprint it neatly at a later time.
        One part of the agreement was that a second mortgage on the house would be taken by Bell for
$165,000, and proceeds given out to Sheridan for different items, and some would be placed in an
escrow account for home maintenance for the duration that the “former marital domicile” would be
occupied by Sheridan and the children, with Bell holding a predetermined amount from the mortgage
proceeds to get him started on his own.3
        Benner had just received a mortgage through a lender, Dave Silva, (Silva) of “LoanSnap,” and he
suggested that Bell use him as they walked to their cars after the agreement was “pre-signed.”
        Within a few days, Bell called Silva and was on his way to getting that part of the agreement
done, and was doing all he could to get the other parts of the agreement done.4
        When it came time for Sheridan to perform the agreement, the first of numerous delays and stalls
started taking place. Podolski was involved with those delays, citing numerous factors causing the
agreement reprinting to take almost a month, and even got into conversations with Silva regarding the
mortgage. Phillip was also involved in these delays, as was Sheridan. These “stalls” went as far as phone
calls, per Bell’s account, 88 days into the agreement for reason upon reason. (Attachment 1)
        At one point while speaking to Silva about the frustration he was going through, Bell was told by
Silva that Podolski had been surprised that the loan company queried the Probate Court to see if a
divorce was taking place. Silva knew this was part of their standard property check assurance process, as
a divorce highly effects a loan’s characteristics.
        In a later conversation, Bell spoke with Jenney about this when talking about the delays, and
Jenney said Podolski, a 29-year lawyer, “[not being truthful]” for his “surprise” about it.
        In the meantime, months later, in July, 5 months of stalls later, Bell was called to Podolski’s
office to sign the loan papers made up with a different loan provider. After all was done, the Sheridan’s
refused to make a loan with Silva, after months of his consultation and representation. Podolski picked a
person he had done business with in the past, Chris Crehan, who wrote a similar loan to the one Silva
offered, using similar lenders, except it was at a higher interest rate.
        When he spoke to Podolski that day, Bell asked Podolski: “You’re not going to sneak in another
agreement for me to sign, are you? This is just to get the loan, done, right?”
        “Yes,” stated Podolski.

       Bell rode his motorcycle that day to the Podolski’s office, 100 miles away.
       What was called an “Escrow Agreement” was, in fact, waiting for him to sign. The agreement
(Attachment 2) specified certain items in consideration of the fact that a $165,000 loan was impossible,
and amounts of disbursements needed to be changed.

  The mortgage was s second on what would be a “non owner-occupied house” due to the divorce, per lender definition. The
maximum allowed for this was $150,000 by many accounts, a fact that should have been known by Phillip because of his job
as Comptroller of The Grossman Companies, and the fact that Phillip owns some “non-owner-occupied” properties himself.
Different lenders have stated that the $150,000 max was standard for many years, and nothing new.
  The agreement clearly stated that both parties were to perform actions within the agreement as soon as possible as part of its
“Boiler plate.”

        Bell refused to sign it, and called Benner after he left the office. Bell took the unsigned
agreement back home.
        Bell called Benner and was told he had to sign the agreement. Bell never did, but Benner stated it
had to be signed and Bell authorized him to put his signature on it. Benner turned the agreement in to
        Sheridan did few things to comply with more than one or two items of the divorce agreement.
Her getting what was coming to her was the only actions she took willingly, and without court
appearances. It strongly seems as if the Sheridan’s were waiting for the 90-day period in which the
divorce becomes permanent to perform anything. Waiting for such a provision to take effect would
assure that the property division, a “surviving” part of the agreement in which the trust was part, would
be cemented into law, by law.5
        Sheridan remained in the posture of not performing the actions required in the divorce
agreement. This started a path of numerous contempt proceedings by Bell, who was castigated for his
actions, then sanctioned by having a requirement to have to go to a Judge at the court to have papers
approved for filing before they were filed and could be served.
        Bell got to know Jenney better. Jenney remained a worthy person to bounce ideas off of. One
day, Bell asked Jenny’s advice about one particular filing, as he had written up either a motion or
modification. (Details can be verified but are relatively unimportant.) Jenney said whatever Bell had
written should be the opposite. Bell took his advice and went up into the courtroom to bring it to Judge
Carey, and took the paper Jenney had stated should be presented, and presented it.
        Judge Carey stated it was wrong, and it should be the opposite of what it was. Bell took out the
correct paper and presented it. Whether this tripping point was just that, or an accident is arguable.
        Bell went though the next months preparing motions for contempt for all that was being done,
surviving through lecture after lecture by the Judge and hearing whine after whine from counsel about
how HE was bringing so much to court and causing Sheridan to need to pay fees to him. Meanwhile,
Sheridan still did not perform unless brought to court, causing her to complain about needing to miss
work, pay lawyers, etc. One day she was crying in the hallway about having to be in court, and this was
a day SHE had brought the court date to being.
        Judge Carey was excellent in both advising Bell to perform a bit better than he had prepared, in
some cases, and warning him about potentially frivolous motions and modifications in others. In
essence, Bell had the best consultant in the case in the “need” for him to present any filings to the Judge
before filing them. When Podolski balked at one of Bell’s filings to Bell, well, it had already been
approved by the Judge. Bell even filed to have the “sanction” pulled off the case, and Podolski objected
and Judge Carey agreed.

        Bell was increasingly frustrated by the lack of performance of Sheridan. One filing of contempt
rooted from the inability of Sheridan to produce confirmation that she had changed the beneficiary of a
life insurance policy to Bell’s name, per the agreement. This simple act, something that could have been
done with a faxed piece of paper to Bell, from an insurance agent Bell had known for 25 years, needed
to be brought to court and dealt with there. It appeared that Sheridan was using every opportunity to go
to court.

 In fact, Lynne Sheridan was not a trustee of the Estate of Irving Canner because of sloppy performance by Attorney Sharon
Krovitsky, and the trust remains a “T-1” in the NPFC files. The name “Lynne Anne Sheridan Bell” is referred in the will,
which was meant to be a means in which the only way Sheridan could be a trustee was through remaining married, per
Lillian Gurwitz, author of the will, Sharon Krovitsky’s mother and law office partner. The only means in which Lynne
Sheridan is recognized at all by the trust is per the divorce agreement.

        At one point, sick of perjury that Bell felt was contained in numerous documents and instances in
court, he went to the Norfolk County DA’s Office next to NFPC. A DA there listened to Bell’s claims
and simply stated: “Oh, over there in the Probate Court? They got their own set of rules there and there
is nothing we can do about it.”
        In the meantime, Bell’s relationship with his children was active, but starting to suffer. His son
had left most, if not all of the friends he had while growing up in Cohasset. His daughter Kelsey was
becoming more and more jaded towards her father for reasons we didn’t know. (Attachment 3)
        Facts had surfaced that indicated that Sheridan’s boyfriend, Gene Katz, has sons that were busted
for international drug smuggling, dealing, and weapons charges. A drug vocabulary was surfacing more
and more out of Devon, and in a career-aim paper, he stated he might want to enter a career installing
audio systems in cars, like one of the sons. Bell noticed that Devon was inseparable from his backpack,
and when Bell would pick Devon up for visitations, sometimes he would go to talk to a friend briefly,
with backpack, and return. Bell spoke to his son about issues with drugs. Bell also spoke to the DA
prosecuting the Katz Brothers to see if the case was real, and what the character of the sons was. He
described them as “really bad dudes.” (Attachment 4)
        Kelsey was caught drinking by Cohasset Police at a place that she had a better chance of being
caught drinking than if she were doing so in the Cohasset Police Department parking lot, the beach
parking lot. Bell was only informed, only after her hearing in court, by her mother. Devon claimed that
Sheridan was aware of his substance “issues” as well, as she had taken paraphernalia from him
numerous times.6
        It was becoming clear that Sheridan had no intention of serving parts of the divorce agreement
regarding the encouragement of co-parenting and communication, either. Throughout the marriage Bell
has stated to her about how the kids “were hers,” and not “theirs,” and despite divorce agreement
language that encouraged co-parenting, nothing would change, unless Bell’s behavior “hinted” at any
sort of similar behavior.
        Sheridan took the children on an ocean cruise a one point during a school vacation, giving a
letter to the school that was simply lying about why they would be late returning from vacation.
(Attachment 5) What’s particularly interesting about this was that Bell had wanted to go on a cruise
with Sheridan for decades during the marriage, something the children knew. At the very least, it was
awkward for them. Bell and his Westfield companion Amy Shuman (Amy) took Devon clothes
shopping for the cruise and they stayed upbeat about it.
        Devon told Bell: “I’ll go on a cruise with you someday, too.”

        A fax from Benner to Podolski in February, prior to the divorce, indicated that the discussion of
the son moving to Westfield (with Dad) was on the table, (Attachment 6a) but Benner stated, he “didn’t
want to turn the divorce into a custody battle,” feeling Sheridan would allow Devon to decide where to
        A letter from Podolski later in the year also indicated that discussion had gone on about Devon
moving to Westfield (Attachment 6) during a school meeting Sheridan, Bell and Devon attended.
        Bell and Devon had been talking about Devon moving to Westfield as a possibility since the
summer after his freshman year at Cohasset High School. His schooling was useless, his drive to make it
better waning, and he was not interacting with the friends he grew up with, spending time with new
friends from Hull and two others, younger than he, from the neighborhood. He had not spent much time

  Bell was told by Devon that one of Kelsey’s childhood friends was not allowed by her mother to associate with Kelsey
because of her drinking openly at the house.
  This is important, as Sheridan perjured herself on paper and in court as Podolski stood by.

with them prior. Calls to the Cohasset High School by Bell revealed that Devon’s IEP was providing
some support, but his sloppy homework and classroom behaviors were points of problems.8
        Bell brought the topic up in as many discussions by phone that he had with Sheridan. Sheridan
stated in court and to Family Services Representatives (FSR) that phone calls with Bell were terrible
experiences and “she didn’t do emails.”9
        Bell and Devon had pretty much decided that Devon would be moving to Westfield. During
some visitations, Devon went to the Vocational school 700 feet from the Westfield house to see if he
was interested in its curriculum and he could sign up to go there. The school received Devon’s grades
from Cohasset, and suggested that he should enter there and repeat his freshman year.
        Sheridan refused communication about this numerous times, and in August, after it was decided
that Devon would be moving to Westfield, by Devon and Bell, Sheridan took the matter to court, stating
in a sworn affidavit that she “knew nothing” before August.
        In Bell’s frustration over the issues with both children, but primarily Devon, as Kelsey still
maintained very high grades, he submitted a “Writ of Habeas Corpus” to the court to get Devon in front
of Judge Carey to air the issue.
        Jenney had a spontaneous meeting with Devon and Bell when Devon accompanied Bell into the
courthouse one day. Bell took advantage of every trip he took to eastern MA to take care of any
outstanding court business, and with Sheridan’s inability to conform with more than a few agreement
provisions, frequent visits were needed. After an interesting tour of the court, Devon met “the man” that
had helped Mom and Dad in the divorce process.
        We went into Jenney’s office and sat down. He asked Devon about his wanting to move to
Westfield. “Did you talk to your Mom about this?”
        Devon said “yes.”
        “What was that like?” Jenney asked again.
        “Like talking to a wall,” said Devon.

       Bell later got a call at home from a clerk who told him Judge Carey ordered that under no
circumstances was Bell to bring Devon to the court.
       Judge Carey refused the “Writ,” gracefully saying something to the effect of: “It’s not that we
don’t do this here, but we’re not going to do this here now.”

        Jenney was seemingly disciplined for meeting with Devon and Bell. Bell had written about the
meeting with Jenney in one of his filings, and something happened. Why the same guy who mediated
over the trust, child custody issues, and other aspects of the divorce, would be called on the carpet
enough to have to write an apology raises questions. His response was marked “Docket this” on a “post-
it note” on the letter he wrote, apparently rooted in a disciplinary incident. (Attachment 7)

       A rushed hearing was held in August. The hearing was a somewhat contrived event in which
Podolski stood by Sheridan’s perjury (Attachment 8) and asked that a GAL be appointed to deal with
what was now going to be a full blown custody issue. What this did was create a time delay that would

  Bell had lobbied for years to hold Devon back a year in school, and was always told that the school’s programs would help
him…this went on for years with few, if any successes. He didn’t like school, period. His performance showed it.
  Bell has about 800 pages of email to and from Sheridan, and she’s had many email accounts over the years.

blow the Vocational School plans out of the water for a year, despite the school’s understanding of the
situation (Attachment 9) and totally dishearten Devon.10
         Devon’s reaction when he was told he’d be going back to Cohasset was to cry and sob heavily,
as Bell had never seen him before, or since. (He now says he had to run away to get to Westfield.)
         The court chose a GAL, and the procedure was to call him to get an appointment. Bell called the
GAL, and the number the court had on he paperwork was incorrect. He looked up the GAL’s number
through directory assistance, and got him, at home. “How did you get this number!” the GAL demanded.
Bell told him. The GAL called the court and stated he was not available for the case and the court
assigned Dr. Solomon Levin to the case. Levin responded and took the case.
         The next court date was in December, again, and announced as such.
         Bell spoke something to the effect of: “Your honor, I’d like to make sure we stick to this date, as
the last time we had one near Christmas it was moved.”
         While the room was quiet enough to hear a pin drop, Judge Carey stated the cliché of not
knowing about the dates and the rest… This date was honored.

       Solomon Levin (Levin) seemed to be jaded by Sheridan from the beginning of Bell’s
communication with him. Comments made from him about why Bell was seeking custody after signing
an agreement that stated Sheridan would have custody started out the first session, even though the
agreement clearly stated that issues with the children were non-survivable. When Levin made the
Westfield home-visit in early December, his first comment was about how large the home was, how
much room there was. Bell feels these comments were not of a person seeing a home for the first time,
but going into a home that he had been previously told was small, and perhaps other negative things.
Levin was not objective, he was surprised, almost stunned, in his observations
       One question Levin asked was also particularly stunning, and revealed his surprise at the
wonderful environment awaiting Devon. He saw the covered pool in the back yard.
       “Does the pool work?” he asked in eye-popped-open amazement.
       Levin was inappropriately gruff to Bell the majority of the time Bell spoke with him. At the
home visit, in December, in front of Amy and Bell, Levin asked out of the blue: Are you going to attend
Kelsey’s graduation? This event was five months away…Amy and Bell were stunned.
       That turned out to be a sign of what was to come.

        The GAL report at the end of it all was what Podolski called “typical.” The report was
impounded by the court and Bell needed to go to Podolski’s office, or the court, to read it. 11 He was
amused at the fact that those quoted speaking on behalf of Lynne were those in her own family, and her
boyfriend, who was quoted as stating he “knew” Bell, and the only reason Bell wanted Devon was to get
him out of the house was so it would need to be sold, and he could get his money out of it.
        One highlight of the report from Bell’s point of view was results of the MMPI test administered
by Levin. (Attachment 10) Sometimes called the “lie test,” the 50-year old federal court accepted test,
helpful in tough cases, gave Bell valuable substantiation of Sheridan’s lying.

      The December hearing consisted of Bell standing firm, with what he called a report full of lies.
He requested trial, while Podolski suggested that one GAL recommendation stating Devon should stay

   Bell was told to have Devon “nearby” in case the hearing resulted in Devon being able to go to the Vo-Tech, and live in
Westfield. He remained at the home of Ruth Belinsky 781-344-5079 in Stoughton during the hearing. She witnessed his
breakdown as she watched from her kitchen window when Bell told him he could not move out to Westfield right away.
   One lawyer called this “impounding” a charade, and only a means to inconvenience parties, especially Pro Se litigants.

with his mother be obeyed. Judge Carey suggested that the parties go out in the hallway and discuss it.
FSR Dee Crawford sat in.
         The seats had yet to be warmed by the posteriors of those involved and the subject was “when”
Devon would be moving out to Westfield, not “if.”
         The move was to take place after exchanging visitations in the summer. The exact date of the
move would be determined by mutual convenience. It was also decided that Sheridan, who had yet to
provide transportation to more than one or two visitations, ever, or help with transportation at all with
any, would meet Bell at Auburn Crossing as a halfway point in the future. 12 The “drop dead” date for
Devon to move out to Westfield was August 4, 2006. (refer forward Attachment 14)
         Both parties went back into the courtroom to face Judge Carey and tell her of the outcome. She
wonderfully saluted the parties for coming up with the good plan, and suggested that both parties go to
lunch with Devon to tell him of this new development.13
         Around February of 2006, things had deteriorated greatly between Kelsey and Bell. A Christmas
visit to Westfield by Kelsey started with her being very tense, and slowly loosening up as time went on.
She became pleasant towards the end of it. (refer back attachment 3) Kelsey was applying to colleges
and touring some, and brought materials about each school in a large file box. Despite the fact that the
Trust from Bell’s parents was paying for her college related expenses, Kelsey had excuse after excuse
for not involving Bell in her tours. This created some awkwardness, but it was managed in view of
Bell’s frustration vs. the fact that some tours were best simply not accompanied by her Dad.
         Bell had a trip to NYC for a professional seminar he was to give. It was a unique chance for
Kelsey and Devon to see one, as Bell’s work is unique, and had been presented to thousands, except
three, Sheridan, Kelsey, and Devon. They could also visit Bell’s relatives in NYC. Kelsey was generally
excited to go, but in a phone call between she and Bell, mother was heard in the background. Kelsey
stated she was ill and could not go, but maybe after the trip, Bell could tour Yale in New Haven with
her. New Haven is close to Westfield and that would be convenient, and nice.
         Bell and Devon enjoyed the trip. Afterwards, Kelsey told Bell that the Saturday after Bell and
Devon returned from NYC, she had gone to Yale for its tour. Bell was frustrated by that and told her so
in a conversation that Kelsey later described as being yelled at the “entire” time. Bell maintains this was
not true, but did elevated his voice at times. He was angry when she could not simply provide a reason
for what he theorized was only a deception manipulated by the feelings of her mother.
         Kelsey cut off her communication from her father.

        In the first week of March, both children had a half-day in school. Bell decided that would be a
good time for a visitation, and a chance to reconcile the issues with Kelsey. Per stipulations of providing
notice14, Bell informed Sheridan he would be coming to Cohasset, and when. Devon was sick and at
home that day, and Kelsey did not respond to messages left for her. Bell decided to look for her in places
he thought she might be. From conversations they had, he had a few ideas what she’d be doing.

   To this date Sheridan has never used the advantage of the stipulation’s halfway point.
   Had Judge Carey had any slight inkling of the fact that Bell may even be remotely unable to control himself and become
violent, she would not have placed the parties together at this time of maximum emotion and stress. This is very important, as
she had the GAL report, and years of experience with the parties. Sheridan’s poisoning of Devon was so deep that when
Sheridan called him from the courthouse, with Bell standing by, to arrange the lunch, he didn’t believe they’d actually all be
together. Bell needed to talk with him on the same phone call to assure him what his Mom had just told him was ok.
   This notice was ridiculous, as Bell was required to make calls to both of Sheridan’s phones and leave messages if she was
not there. No email was allowed, as, again, Sheridan lied about her email use. This begs the question, if Bell was so abusive,
wouldn’t written be better?

         Kelsey was at the Scituate Racquet and Tennis club. Her car was in front of the place Bell has
been told she enjoyed, but had never been into, as it was recently built.
         Bell went into the club and was amazed, and joked to the people at the front desk that he may
have not left Cohasset if the club was there before he left, and other comments about how nice a facility
it was. The owner of the club, Chris Horne, was there, as was an employee named Jane.
         Bell asked if Kelsey was there and was told that she was upstairs in the exercise area.
         Bell went upstairs and Kelsey was there with a friend named “Charlotte.” Bell exchanged
greetings pleasantly with both young women, and provided momentary joke grunts and noises of pain
humorously to Charlotte as she worked out, causing brief laughter. He asked Kelsey if she took
advantage of the great tennis courts and Kelsey appeared irritated and said “no,” spoken sternly.
         Bell asked if they could step aside and talk. Kelsey stated she had to leave soon with Charlotte to
go babysit with her. Bell was agreeable, and stated that it was important, and asked what the address was
so she could go meet Charlotte after their discussion. Kelsey didn’t know. Kelsey and Bell spoke for a
minute right near a stairway, maybe 15 feet from where Charlotte was, and from which sound can be
easily heard at he front desk.15
         Kelsey became rude, but, not unlike any teenager in a “discussion” with her parent. “I don’t have
to listen to you, I don’t have to do anything,” was her “mantra” of the discussion. Bell stated that as he
was funding $200+/month for her car’s gasoline and other “SpeedPass” expenditures, he was not going
to be talked to like that, and why should he do anything? He told Kelsey he would like the SpeedPass
back. She agreed. The two walked down the stairs and out to the car, in view of many.
         Kelsey went into her car and got the SpeedPass, continued stating how angry she was in a
manner only teenagers seem to manifest, then slammed her door on Bell’s leg in an attempt to close it to
drive from the area. Bell took her car key from her hand and told her she was not going to drive (onto
the most accident prone area of Rt 3A) when she was so upset. She stormed out of the car, stated she
was going to call the police, and walked back into the club.16

        Bell waited outside.17 No police came. Bell’s walked into the club and saw Chris Horne outside
the right side of the desk area, back turned towards Bell, with Kelsey facing him and Bell, sobbing.
“Jane” was sitting behind the desk. Bell walked over to Horne, who was not reacting to Bell entering,
and Kelsey, who also did not react or try to move away, and handed Kelsey her keys. (A house key was
also on the lanyard holding both.) There was no exclamation of the key being bent, as it would have
been per the later accounts (perjury) Kelsey gave in Court, stating it had been bent at the car.
        “I thought you were going to call the police,” Bell said to her.
        “I called Mom,” Kelsey answered.
        She took and held the keys as gently as they were given to her. Bell related to her how she
should tell the people she was crying to how well she is taken care of, and how she treats her father.
        Chris Horne turned to Bell and softly said: “Enough” in a calm voice that one father would say to
another as a third-party to such a discussion.
        Bell agreed, thanked the folks, turned and left to go visit Devon, about 1/2 mile away.

   This fact was confirmed in the presence of Tom Benner on one occasion and with Chris Horne, club owner, on another.
The acoustics are as such that a soft spoken voice as well as elevated voice can be clearly heard from the front desk area.
   This event has been detailed in affidavits with the Quincy Court and Scituate Police Department. Bell’s cellphone records
substantiate the timeline. All occurred in public view, and in view of club people. Not one stepped in, or called 911
   Reportedly, an employee named Mike observed Bell waiting in the back of the truck in the parking lot. Bell had his two
poodles with him and was killing time (15 minutes approx) while awaiting the arrival of the police.

        Nobody in the facility in Bell’s half-hour or more on the premises found any reason to call
police, and Bell’s actions of going to see Devon afterwards had been called into Sheridan before.
Sheridan called Scituate Police. Despite the time frame of Bell being in Cohasset for over an hour, there
was no police action. Bell was available, certainly not fleeing, and his location was documented and
predictable. Bell did some errands in the eastern MA area and went back to Westfield.

        At approximately 9pm on that night, a Westfield Police Officer came to the house and served
Bell two 209A’s from Quincy Court. While the alleged assault occurred in Scituate, Plymouth County,
the Norfolk County court was used for the 209A for reasons of a) the residence of the two and b)
hypothesis of later entry in this paper regarding practices of the Quincy Court.
        The Westfield Police officer in the presence of Amy and Bell, stated that Bell should call the
court in the morning to see what to do. Of three adults reading the same pieces of paper, each seemed to
agree that Bell needed to go to court on Friday.
        Bell called up the court at approximately 9:30 the next morning, and was told he was due in
court at that moment.
        The rest of this time period is very well detailed in documents given to the Quincy Court and
others, dealing with the hearing involving Judge Mary Orfanello, and will not be repeated here. The
short story is that the requested 209A was continued.

        Bell appeared at Quincy Court to seek a 209A modification to attend Kelsey’s graduation.
(Attachment 13) It was as if the words of Levin came back into light as the motion given to the court
was denied. In fact, Bell was NOT going to attend Kelsey’s graduation, and the question of why Levin
even suggested this many months before begs the insight of readers. It was a question out of the blue,
but clearly read the future.

         A 4-27-2006 Stipulation was created that defined summer visitations. All was made more
difficult by the 209A. Devon was to spend time with Bell from 7-8 to 7-15, go back to Cohasset with
Sheridan, then by August 4, move to Westfield. (Attachment 14)
         Because of Devon’s choices about being in Cohasset or Westfield, the time line was bent a bit, In
July, after a few attempts at making an exact time in which Devon would move out to Westfield, and
gaining no response from Sheridan, Bell felt more manipulations and stall would be taking place. Bell
felt that if the “drop dead” date was altered by Sheridan’s passive/aggressive stalling, or even a personal
issue, or car problem occurred, he’d be back in court again. Bell felt it would be proactive to bring a
motion to the court to make the time exact.
         (Attorney Podolski had indicated to Bell that he was not going to be representing Sheridan much
longer and was seeking to end his representation of her. Podolski appeared heartbroken at one court
appearance when he informed Bell of Kelsey’s college choices. This was after the 209A was issued and
Sheridan created a well-publicized falsehood by stating to anyone who would listen that the 209A
created a situation where she could not contact Bell. (Attachment 15, 15a)
         Attorney Podolski did not represent Sheridan after that day, from Bell’s recall.)

       A court date had been scheduled to deal with a contempt against Bell for the painting of the
Cohasset house. Bell, having been barred from the house and given a “no trespassing” order, had little or
no idea of the house’s condition, but also knew an escrow account for the house was limited, and a
$12,000 paint job may not be the best thing to do at this time, but to perform when the house is up for

sale in a year or so. Bell hopped on the same date for Devon to create “the” date for Devon to move to
Westfield. 18

         The confirmation of the date-ruse started from the first moment the parties met in the courtroom
that day, when new lawyer, Attorney Stephen Salon (Salon), approached Bell before sessions started and
         “You’re not getting the boy today.”
         Devon was standing by, as Sheridan had not talked to him at all about this very important time in
his life. He was in the dark, and awaiting Bell’s call.

        In the paint issue, Sheridan brought pictures to court. Had the pictures, as displayed to Judge
Ward, been shared between the parties earlier, perhaps some negotiation may have taken place. But
again, another court appearance in which Sheridan had a chance to disparage Bell was taking place, with
claims of how Bell was refusing to approve the paint job. “…Look at the pictures and how bad the house
is….” they told Judge Ward. Judge Ward stated how the “salt air” 19 is a factor in Cohasset, and allowed
the paint motion, and then needed to be told to make sure she wrote in the order that the funds were to
come out of the escrow, not be paid by Bell. Bell remained stunned at how fast he could have been
ordered to pay $12,000 to paint the former marital domicile at the swipe of Judge Ward’s pen. Bell
begged not to be found in contempt and Judge Ward was kind in not citing him as such.

        Then the “move to Westfield” motion was brought up. Judge Ward weighed the facts around the
move taking place, then allowed Sheridan to speak. Sheridan stated that her father was going to have a
party that weekend in Williamstown to celebrate an important birthday, and she proposed that Devon be
driven to the party from Cohasset, then driven back to Cohasset, where Bell could pick him up on the
following Monday or Tuesday before the 4th of August. Salon stood silent.
        Bell countered that Sheridan was leaving out the fact that to drive from Cohasset to
Williamstown, the drive would take Sheridan through Westfield on the Mass Pike, and 3 miles from the
house.20 The drive back to Cohasset would take her the same route. The 209A was brought up, and
Judge Ward displayed quick and wise logic in stating that perhaps another person could drive Devon to
the Westfield house after the party, and Sheridan would not have to. Judge Ward asked Lynne who
could do this, and Sheridan suggested Devon’s Uncle Phillip. The time this would take place was left
open. It could be communicated to Bell as soon as it was determined. All agreed.
        Devon informed Bell during the weekend that he would be at the Westfield house around noon
on Sunday, as Phillip needed to get home to Sharon on Sunday afternoon.

        Sunday came. Bell and Amy were ready for Devon, but also knew nothing arranged with
Sheridan meant anything. A stipulation had been signed earlier in the divorce stating the children were
not to be the messengers of visitation. This was placed on both parties in order to keep the children out
of the middle creating back and forth’s between Sheridan and Bell that the children would communicate.

   What was ordered on that day and when was not important. For both parties, the date had its reasons.
   The Cohasset reservoir, Lily Pond is about 800 feet from the house, which is miles from the ocean. Not one person who
works for the water company stated that the reservoir has any effect of the salt water, and in fact, a 35+ year employee of the
Cohasset Water Department, who owns a house within 1000 feet of the ocean, stated hat the salt air has never been an issue
for his house.
   This is just another indication of the aggressive actions of Sheridan to abuse, harass, and annoy Bell.

Podolski told Bell in one letter to simply “leave Mom out of it,” showing Podoloski’s frustration at it all.
(Attachment 16a)
        Devon called the Westfield house around noon. He stated something was wrong with Phillip’s
car. It was not unexpected that such an issue would be there, as, again, stalling on any arrangement
was Sheridan’s story over and over again. Devon called a few times during the day to indicate problems
and delays, even stating he saw fluid “all over the place” around Phillips car because of the problem. He
arrived in Westfield in the early evening, and seemed no worse for wear. Phillip and longtime partner,
companion, and State Court Clerk Archie Keohane (Keohane) dropped Devon off with no words for
anybody, no interest in where Devon would live, nothing, and drove off.

        After one court hearing, Salon showed his true colors of good representation, approaching Bell,
and asked what it would take to end the whole deal. It does not take a genius to understand that the
further the parties get, and the faster that happens, the better it will be for all. But that has never been the
apparent motivation of Sheridan, as dragging it all out against the purposeful boilerplate of the divorce
agreement is the plan, and always has been.22 Salon is a wise man and experienced lawyer.
        But, just like the lawyers before him, in the end, Salon didn’t negotiate anything.
        His manner was a threatening one, and his threats went on and on to Bell, who, according to
Salon, would be charged with “assault with intent to murder,” if Bell pressed a well documented assault
Sheridan made against him. Salon went through various hearings about the 209A, and had an
“Associate,” Sheila Baresi, (Baresi) who paired with him, and one or both of them would handle
        Salon’s lies in court session (Attachment 17) were a part of many. Salon would do things to
harass and annoy Bell such as sending him a check for Kelsey’s Fast Lane transponder, another of the
“things” Bell was paying for, that she “lost,” with a letter dated May 30th, her birthday.
        Salon also stated in session that he could not discuss Kelsey’s medical issues because of HIPPA
regulations, after sending him a letter discussing her medical issues. Bell held the letter in his hand,
announcing the contradiction/lie in court session in front of Judge Carey, who simply ignored this
blatant lie. (Attachment 19)
        The BBO had been contacted numerous times about issues such as this, and could only advise
Bell that a material lie in court session should make the session, or whatever judgments come out of it
worthy of appeal.
        Bell also placed a complaint to the court that Sheridan was abusing the trust holders at a
company called Heritage Financial, of Norwood, MA, a company Bell’s parents selected for their
financial holdings, and that of the Canner Trust. Heritage is one of the best companies in the US, having
been selected for that honor more than once. Because of the hassles and grief caused by Sheridan by not
conforming with orders and protocols for distributions from the trust, the account manager threatened to
resign the account. Bell begged him to stay on and repeatedly fought for Sheridan to obey the

   Phillip is a long time car buff and owns many cars, and always has. His cars are dependable, as his driving is extensive, and
problems may occur, of course. This issue occurring on this Sunday made the “story” questionable. Lynne taking more time
and delaying a commitment, such as giving up Devon, was more predictable, and likely a cause for “problems.”
   Judge Carey did not allow a contempt complaint Bell wanted to file because the part in the divorce agreement about getting
everything done ASAP was not occurring. Despite numerous delays in simply getting it behind the parties, the court failed to
note or take actions to resolve issues by sanctioning Sheridan. Her money just kept flowing into lawyers.
   To the day this paper is being written, Sheridan does not comply with court orders for simple procedures, such as assuring
Bell gets duplicate bills from Tufts that distributions will cover. There are numerous ways she can do this, but repeatedly fails
to perform the simple tasks that court orders are specific about.

        Salon was also the lawyer in Quincy Court who represented Sheridan on the day that Judge
Orfanello could not be in court because “her Aunt died.”24
        Salon represented Sheridan when she was brought into a Magistrate’s “show-cause” hearing
when Bell finally did press his assault charge against her.25 The Magistrate threw it out. Bell was so
upset over the fact that he was disrespectfully laughed out of the room in this non-recorded hearing, after
he left the courthouse he decided it was simply just not right. He went back to the Clerk’s office to
protest, and get the case before a Judge. He yelled in the clerk’s office about his ex-spouse abusing his
kids. He quieted down as asked, and back room people, viewable from the clerk’s desk area, went into
action. They apparently contacted Salon on his cell phone in minutes, as he and Sheridan were driving
away, but returned in about ½ hour to a hearing in front of Judge Moriarty.26
        The Judge heard the testimony and reviewed an injury picture and medical documentation from
the years-old assault. She ruled it was not an assault. Bell was amazed that one-sided affidavits “were”
quantifiable enough to gain a 209A, but documentation of an assault wasn’t.

        Sheridan is required to maintain medical insurance for Bell and the children, per the divorce
agreement, but used the excuse that her company was not covering her anymore, and conditions had
changed, and therefore, she cut Bell off the insurance, and requested that he pay half.
        Bell was given notice of the insurance termination by Baresi, stating that his coverage by
Sheridan’s employer was to end on 12-31-07.
        However, Bell had previously scheduled hand surgery and was billed, as his coverage was
terminated on 9-30-07. Bell needed to straighten this out with a variety of “irked” physicians, as well as
other medical professionals he consulted with in the last quarter of the year. Bell also scrambled to get
insurance coverage.
        Bell found out recently that his insurance coverage started with Aetna on Sheridan’s policy on 1-
1-08, but was cut off for reasons unknown to them on 1-22-2008. “Call the employer,” he was told.
        Aetna still has Bell listed on the policy to the point that in August he could dial in, and after
putting in identification information, get his information. Aetna has no restriction on who gets coverage.
Bell contacted Sheridan’s employer’s HR Department, and, based on the fact the price for family
coverage is the same no matter who the family is, especially if it’s designated as such by court order,
they don’t care. Coverage is either family or individual, period. As of this writing, Bell is seeking just
what information they have seen from Sheridan regarding the order of the court.

        Devon was given cards for his “new” dental insurance in November 2007. But there was no
medical card. Bell wrote numerous times to get Devon’s medical card, but was never given it.
        Bell wrote another letter to Salon and demanded that the coverage number be given to him for
Devon’s insurance by 5pm on a specified date in January, and Bell cc’d the letter to numerous parties,
such as the BBO, Attorney General’s Office, Governor, and others, along with Salon’s correspondence
to him. Bell got the number, and that was the last time Bell communicated with Salon.
        Devon still did not have an insurance card, though.
        Bell made up a card with just the number on it, and laminated it for Devon to carry in case
something happened.

   This is the subject of many papers already filed and will not be detailed here.
   The charge was presented to stop Sheridan’s tactics and get the entire story in front of a system, that, by its own virtues,
would not allow such abuses. It can be theorized here that the court system simply does not want to stop Sheridan from the on
and on that this case has presented, and lies, cheating, perjury and abuse are discriminatory, not universal charges.
   How the clerk’s office got a hold of Stephen Salon as quickly as they did remains a mystery.

        It was brought into court in front of Judge Ward to show what he had to represent insurance
        Baresi was in court representing Sheridan, now, and dramatically ripped open an envelope sent
to Bell with Devon’s card in it. Saying it was sent to Bell. Bell, trying to make head or tail out of the
Sheridan claim of not being able to communicate with Bell because of the 209A, had started returning
correspondence from Sheridan unopened because of her false claims. (refer back Attachment 15)
        Bell maintains that it was not Sheridan’s obligation to send Bell a card for Devon, but to provide
coverage for her son, who should have been the card recipient under any condition, especially in light of
the fact that she cut Bell off the insurance. Bell, by law, was required to have insurance.
        This was just another case of Bell needing to go to court to get information that he could have
been given in numerous ways, or could have been appropriately given to his son. Since this occurrence,
Sheridan has given her son the required medical cards and not sent them to Bell.

         After Bell got custody of Devon, and Devon was safely in Westfield, Bell sought to stop paying
child support to Sheridan. In that hearing, the FSR did worksheets that indicated Sheridan’s pay would
have her comparatively paying twice what Bell was paying.
         The FSR said to Bell: “Can’t you just give her $50/week?”
         Bell stated that he simply wanted to discontinue his paying her, because he was now the
custodial parent of the last living-at-home child.
         Despite the numbers, Sheridan was never ordered to pay child support. She had her choice. Judge
Carey asked if Bell and Sheridan felt the situation was ever going to be renegotiated, and Bell indicated
that if there were a need he would be amenable to adjustments. Sheridan shook her head indicating “no.”
Judge Carey stated that she was saying “no” which was a typically wise move by the Judge, considering
the audio recording of the session would not indicate Sheridan’s gesture. Bell said “So be it.” It was his
goal to stop paying, not change the discriminatory nature of the system that was all too obvious on that
day, punctuated by the State employee’s “Can’t you just give her $50” comment.
         Bell terminated his support payments with Mass DOR that day, payments he never had a choice
of making. Bell always had his bank automatically send out payments, and remained ahead of his
obligation for the duration, never missing one.

        In early 2008, Bell started communication regarding the upcoming graduation of his son from
Westfield high School. He was simply told that it was too far before the date to discuss it by Sheridan
lawyer Baresi.
        In March, Bell hired attorney Stephen Dodd (Dodd) to represent him in Quincy Court for the
annual 209A hearing that was to take place with Sheridan and Kelsey. This would be the third one. Bell
was simply scared to go to the court alone based on numerous and previously filed complaints of his
treatment at the court.
        Unlike in the previous year, Bell was not informed by letter of the 209A hearing, and called the
court to see what the date was. Bell was told it was written on the previous years 209A. Bell was unable
to find those documents at the time, and asked for them to be faxed to him, and was denied.
        Bell called the Chief Justice’s office, and was again denied.
        Dodd was given materials about the case on short notice.
        In the hearing, recalled here from Bell’s memory, Sheridan stated how Bell had written
numerous complaints to various government agencies, showed the Judge some papers, and wanted the
209A continued. She also stated that Bell had brought her into NPFC many times for frivolous
complaints and that she had never been cited for contempt. (Attachment 20)

        Dodd whispered to Bell, “she just lied.” Bell shook his head yes.
        Dodd stated to the Judge the “danger” aspect of the order had not been met. He was denied.
        Kelsey stated that she may want to see her father “[decades]” from then, and how Bell
approached her at the Scituate gym after looking for her, and how Bell may look for her at Tufts…and
“why would anyone want that?” She also stated that Bell had placed a complaint about her filing a false
police report. The Judge asked for a one-word answer from Bell about whether that was true.
        “Nothing was done,” Bell said to Dodd.
        Kelsey stated that “there was a hearing about it at Hingham Court, with DA’s…..”
        Bell whispered to Dodd there was no hearing.
        “Yes or no, one word,” he said to Bell.
        “Yes,” Bell said.
        Her order was continued, too.
        While she was writing the order, Sheridan asked the Judge if she could make it a “lifetime”
order. The Judge simply grimaced and stared at Sheridan as she continued writing.

        (Bell would like to add here that there is a constant pattern of Sheridan isolating Kelsey from
both her brother and father. Papers have been filed in court and statements were made by lawyers
representing Sheridan in session that indicated Kelsey was living at home on weekends, holidays, and
vacations. A birthday card she sent to Devon indicated that she has an apartment that she invited Devon
to come visit. (Attachment 22) This summer, Devon told Bell he was going to get together with Kelsey
during one week. The plan was cancelled, because “Charlotte,” the young woman at the Scituate
Raquet Club with Kelsey on the “bent key” day, was in town briefly and Kelsey was going to spend time
with her. As this paper is being written, there has been no mentioned contact with Devon by Kelsey to
get together.
        (Another highlight to this pattern was an email from Baresi castigating Bell for asking that
Kelsey contact Bell directly regarding Savings Bonds his parents gave him in trust for her. The divorce
agreement clearly states that the bonds are to be given to the children when they need them. Baresi has
stated periodically that she does not represent Kelsey, but she does represent Sheridan, and Sheridan is
speaking for Kelsey and stating she wants them. (Attachment 23)
        Baresi accuses Bell of holding the funds “hostage,” and she can’t contact him because of 209A.

        After the Quincy 209A hearing, Dodd had to go to Hingham court to take care of some business.
Bell told him he’d meet him there. He wanted to confirm there had been no hearing as Kelsey stated in
        Bell was in the Clerk’s office and Judge Murphy was there. Bell talked briefly to him about how
good the Hingham court had treated his case, and “that wasn’t the same in other courts, and they do a
good job in Hingham.” The Judge remembered the case well. Bell spoke with a clerk who had the
docket retrieved and confirmed there was no hearing as Kelsey described.

      Dodd met Bell weeks later at NPFC and examination of the docket revealed that there was
documentation of a finding of contempt against Sheridan.27

  Bell had written Judge Carey about this, as the contempt finding was not included in the mailing Bell had received about
the hearing in which Sheridan was found in contempt. Correspondence regarding this was sent to Judge Carey’s office, as
Bell thought because he didn’t receive it, that it was not docketed per the verbal judgment.

        Dodd agreed to help Bell in the divorce matters with hope of gaining settlement and getting the
relationship between the parties dissolved. The first order of business was dealing with an upcoming
court date on March 26, a pre-trial date. Another that Bell described to Dodd was Devon’s graduation,
where Dodd also learned about the GAL’s question about Kelsey’s graduation, and that situation.
        Baresi agreed to push the date forward.
        Having been informed of the graduation discussion, Dodd spoke to Baresi and was told “Lynne
would not be attending Devon’s graduation.”
        Time went by, and a new date was assigned to the pushed forward March 26th hearing. The court
assigned the date to June 6, the day of Devon’s graduation. What’s interesting about this change was
that 1) Friday’s aren’t typically dates for this sort of thing, and 2) the paper on which the date was
written had another date crossed out. The typical practice of the trial department’s schedulers is to study
the computer and THEN write the date on the correspondence, whether it be a motion, modification, or
whatever. Seldom is this messed up on an official notification. The time for this was also set at 9am, a
time not typical for pre-trial conferences that are usually scheduled at 10:30. It was all TOO different.
Why would somebody looking at a computer write down a wrong date, versus somebody receiving a
phone call with the docket in their hand, being told a date and time?
        Bell’s opinion was that this was just another arrangement suited to produce court exposure for
Bell, as well as inconvenience him at a time that his 2+ hour drive to and from Westfield would make
the pleasurable day into a very hard one.
        When Dodd heard about the date it he instantly told Baresi that it “wasn’t going to happen.”28

        Bell told Dodd, to save his time, he’d draw up a modification of the 209A for Dodd to present to
the court so Bell could attend the graduation, just in case. Bell also wrote the Chief of Police in
Westfield to have the department assist in any way they could. (Attachment 24)
        As the date approached, Devon told Bell that Sheridan would be at his graduation. Dodd went
into discussions with Baresi and it was stated that Sheridan would go into Quincy court to get a
modification allowing both parties to attend.
        The graduation was Friday, 6-6-08. Bell remained patient through that week. On the day of
graduation, he still had no word of any modification. Dodd called Baresi on her private phone, as she
was not working in the office that day. He got an email from her stating she was told Wednesday that
Sheridan had gone to Quincy Court and got the modification. Dodd’s office contacted the Quincy Court
and was told “there was no record of a modification to the 209A.”
        Bell attended the graduation with an email to Dodd from Baresi in-hand saying Sheridan had
gone to the court (Attachment 25) and got a modification allowing Bell and Sheridan to be there.
        Keohane and Phillip attended the graduation as well.
        Had anybody decided to cite Bell for being within 300’ of Sheridan, Bell would be in jail, likely
for the weekend, only having an email versus Sheridan’s 209A, presumably carried on her.
        Bell wrote the court and asked for a copy of the modification that was filed, per the email from
Baresi, and received it in the mail quickly, in the next few days. It had been done Tuesday afternoon.

        Bell has extensively written various government agencies, including numerous letters to the
court system. There have been few responses.

  This was another one of those dates that bears more then coincidence in the context of behind-the-scenes manipulations
that Bell theorized were taking place, such as the pre-Christmas week divorce date cancellation.

       Bell needs to fight to gain compliance with the divorce agreement for just about every item in it,
and faces motions for fees and the complaints from lawyers stating that he is annoying and harassing
Sheridan. A partial list of the issues Bell has had to go to court for compliance is on (Attachment 26.)

       There is a pre-trial hearing scheduled at NPFC on September 10, 2008. In a pre-trial conference
conducted by telephone on 8-21-08, Bell and Baresi were talking about various divorce issues. At one
point Baresi was rushing through some points, and commented on how her client was paying for the
time for the meeting which, at this point, had gone on for 45 minutes. Bell instantly offered to pay half
of the meeting cost, a cost that Baresi stated would be $250 for an hour. (Bell sent a check to Sheridan
through electronic banking that day.)
       At one point in the discussion when the subject of the house being sold and the subsequent
settlement came up, Baresi was using figures that were in the divorce agreement for the second
mortgage. Bell commented that there was an outside contract between the parties that compensated for
the amount of the refinancing.
       “You can’t have an outside agreement,” stated Baresi.

        Bell was struck at that moment about how Sheridan’s lawyer was not privy to all the details of
the divorce. He told Baresi to get the agreement from Podolski or Sheridan and that would be a guide to
the final settlement. The contract did exist.
        After a night’s sleep, Bell recalled much of what has occurred in the divorce, and how papers
that were sent to Sheridan were somewhat late in getting to Podolski, and the date changes for court
dates being so predictable. It all seems to spell the same data that the “Monan Report” detailed regarding
the mis-management of the courts, and how lower level employees were creating problems for those
they did not favor. (Attachment 27) Papers were likely reviewed by Phillip and Keohane before being
given to any lawyer.
        Bell believes they have called the shots all along.

        Bell formally complained to the Chief Justice of the District Courts, the Honorable Lynda
Connolly, about the fact that Dodd’s office could not get information regarding the modification to the
209A in view of the fact that it, in fact, was modified on Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 3 days before his office
called. Chief Justice Connolly has reviewed information causing her to send paperwork to the Regional
Administrative Judge for the region that includes the Quincy District Court, the Honorable Paul C.
Dowley, for which Bell is grateful.

        Mark Bell entered a divorce agreement with Lynne Sheridan on February 15, 2005.
Manipulations of the court process, ignoring court orders, and frequent trips to the courts involved seem
to be staples of the experience with this family that has a court clerk in it.
        Archie Keohane is a man with numerous connections in the state and enjoys the privileges of
long time service to the State. The issue involving the Quincy Court denying Bell’s lawyer information
about the docketing of the 209A modification is a blatant example of how such connections can operate.
There are many more complaints about Bell’s treatment at the Quincy Court, well on record with Chief
Justice Mark Coven, and many others.

         Mark Bell is very scared of what the future will bring once his son goes off to College in late
August. The refusal of the Scituate Police to process his complaint shows a likely possibility that the
assessment Bell received from one law enforcement person, stating Scituate police were “the worst” is
correct in Bell’s experience. When police show bias there are simply no laws or rights.
         The treatment Bell has received in court, sometime having motions that he has had to pre-file to
gain approval for filing, then are buried for months, then denied months later, with an apology written
on them after the docket was apparently audited, is terrible and in violation of many rights. (Attachment
28, 28pg2)
         Bell firmly believes that the courts are full of employees that perform well, in fact, many do a
great job. Bell also believes that the courts do their best amidst harsh criticism to stay away from bias
and favoritism.
         However reality is just that, and it can be stated with absolute proof and ample evidence, as this
paper displays, that the family of a court clerk has manipulated court procedures in poor-faith, acted
behind the scenes to harass and annoy Bell through letters from lawyers and other “adjustments” to the
system that the Monan report confirmed were part of the machinations of the corrupt part of the court
system that needs change in order to improve.
         Lynne Sheridan walks into court after non-performance of her part of a contract and expects
favorable treatment. Her inability to negotiate to create the avoidance of court at any opportunity
burdens the court, and Bell’s opinion is that until the courts regulate her, enforce laws of perjury, and
sanction her lawyers when material lies are pointed out, they are creating their own burdens and fuel
criticism regarding bias and favoritism the system spends more time defending.
         The discussed (directly with Bell) withdrawal of Michael Podolski from Sheridan’s service was
no accident, nor was it unexpected. It was not because Podolski has retired from his role as a lawyer, and
it is not because of Sheridan’s inability to pay for counsel, as Sheridan still retains similarly priced
counsel, funded by Phillip. Podolski still practices law, too.
         Bell has seen his children’s trust (created by he and his parents for the children) handled through
the courts in a manner Bell feels is typical of that of the tragedy of the Chalupowski case. Decisions are
made that simply provide for funds to be hidden by Sheridan, who did not comply with Supplemental
Rule 410 disclosures, (Attachment 29) a fact simply ignored by the court.
         Bell has been denied filings under MGL Sec 191, Section 14, covering wills, against a family
that has a path of non-compliance with rules, the trust Sheridan is a trustee of, has had to comply with.
Bell has been told he cannot file, per the law, more than once. (Attachment 29a)
         Are Mark Bell and his parents suckers because they obeyed laws? Seemingly so.
         Phillip Sheridan apparently masquerades as a CPA, as his employer’s website cites him as such,
but his license was not renewed over a decade ago. (Attachment 30)
         This is the person who is funding Lynne Sheridan’s legal efforts.
         Appearances and speculation with good cause on Bell’s part dictates the trust fund for the
children is being threatened by the fact funds can be removed without being disclosed versus being held
by a top-notch company, Heritage. Phillip Sheridan, who, remember, involved himself in the divorce-
day mediation process, has been reimbursed from the trust for children’s expenses he paid, a car for
Kelsey, for example. One funds manager Bell spoke with, not from Heritage, stated he was sickened by
this action. Many feel you give to children, not take from them.
         Bell feels that the life insurance policy maintained, per the divorce agreement, and the control of
the trust, and equity in the King Street house, are reasons to kill him. Motive is there.
         Devon going to college after the influenced estrangement of the other child makes it a bit less
messy. That’s opportunity.

         After all, people with enough connections to affect a courthouse, have known association with
drug lords with weapons possession in their past, who falsify professional credentials, include a mother
who is a State Licensed Child Care professional who abuses her children, then remains absent as a
young daughter practices hate, not reconciliation with her father, and a Judge who approves it by proxy
(Attachment 31) while all legal advice received states Probate Court can modify District Court 209As,
are certainly not to be held upon a standard of decency and moral values and care about those outside
their circles. There is far more suspicious activity than logical, or moral.
         A hearing tape Bell ordered from the court was apparently “lost” somewhere before the docket
was audited. (Attachment 32) It simply supports the statement - Where there are “wrongs’ there are no

       This paper will end where it began. This is: The abuse scam.

“You can’t have a contract outside of the divorce agreement.”
                - Attorney Sheila Baresi in a Pre-trial Conference via phone, 8/21/08
         Will the Sheridan’s now go to court to press the divorce agreement’s financial figures and negate
the “Escrow agreement” Michael Podolski forced Mark Bell to sign? By Baresi not knowing about it,
it’s an indication that Sheridan hasn’t given her lawyer full information about the terms and conditions
to date. How a lawyer could even be qualified to talk about a settlement without knowledge of an
outside-negotiated “Escrow Agreement” shows something is going on…like a scam on her, too.
         Are lawyers just the intermediaries for the actions of this family that has far better reach behind
the scenes than general citizens have in front?
         There’s a saying: “A good lawyer knows the laws, a great lawyer knows the judge.” Perhaps
that’s also an endorsement of the activities lower level employees engage in per the Monan Report,
especially when their families are involved, such as in this case.

“Oh, they live together?”
   – First Assistant Register of the Norfolk Probate Court, (NPFC) John Jenney, 2005.

       Mr. Jenney stated this to Bell when they were speaking about the court and the relationship the
Sheridan/Keohane family has with the system. It is speculative, but an interesting hypothesis to study
the apparent surprise Mr. Jenney experienced when he realized who he had been dealing with. He didn’t
know their partnership arrangement, but he certainly knew who both parties were.
       Again, refer to the statement Mr. Jenney barked at Phillip at the mediation session. Bell has not
heard him speak as gruff to anybody before or since. He’s just not that kind of guy, and standing at the
Probate Court desk, he certainly has the opportunity to bark back at many folks.
       Why did he do it then? An act?
       Why was he castigated for talking to Devon about his family life when his responsibilities
obviously, and with the endorsement of the NPFC, placed him in the position of performing the divorce
mediation? Why was, what should have been an internal memo from him, placed into the docket? How
many similar memos are in dockets when other employees have made errors in the course of their
employment and issued written apologies? Was that an act, too?
       It’s an abuse scam.

       Mark Bell went into Westfield District Court to gain a 209A against Lynne Sheridan (and her
associates) stating he was scared of people who do not obey laws, court orders, associate with known

felons, and as learned recently, now refuse to negotiate removal of life insurance policies that will save
money for both parties, especially Sheridan, who always complains about not having any.
        Sheridan wants Mark Bell to be well insured.
        Judge Contant refused the request, telling Bell, “Come back after something happens.”
        And that’s precisely what should have been told to a mother who walks hand-in-hand with her
daughter into Quincy Court with years-old claims and stories, none of which quantify “imminent
danger” of violence, the measuring point of a 209A.
        Bell was gone from the house, and the relationship with Sheridan, except for her own
VOLUNTARY disobeyance of the divorce agreement, with one amazing example being a piece of paper
that could have been faxed, from a decades long associate, rather than making a court appearance. But
this family knows that the courts are their playground, so why not go there at every opportunity, or force
Bell to take Sheridan there by passive/aggressive refusal to comply with orders?

        As far as Kelsey is concerned, Bell may have saved her life that day, as an upset driver is an
impaired driver, and a father is a father. Bell is a well-regarded safety professional, and certainly never
bent the key.
        Those involved in this scam bent it, or suggested that Kelsey bend it, a fact she would be no
doubt afraid of surfacing, placing a terrible burden on her. Those involved also remain in concert of
fabricating evidence, and constructing the falsification of the Scituate Police report. 29

       The longer the scam goes, the more the parties have to hide, but more surfaces as well.
       The incident with Dodd being unable to get information from the Quincy court about the 209A
modification for the graduation that Keohane, Phillip, and Sheridan attended speaks volumes.

        It’s time for this one to be investigated fully, and those responsible brought to justice.
        Mark Bell worked hard all his life and had many noted accomplishments, took care of his
parents, and then, in turn, they all assured the best roots for the future of the children.
        The Sheridan/Keohane family? Seems they are about $50,000 into their war chest of lawyers
against Bell, and have used trusts funds, some of which remain hidden by them, to reimburse
themselves. A financial audit would show the path of their funds, and should be performed.
        The same audit will reveal how few dollars have been contributed to the children vs. that of the
Bell “side’ of the divorce.

       It should not be Mark Bell’s job to legitimize the courts, or law enforcement, or tell it that its
people are not operating with more than their own interest and advantages in mind.
       Mark Bell, author of this paper, is hoping for the protection and the rights that every citizen
deserves and is entitled to. Presently he is not receiving this.
       Unless people are held accountable for their deeds/mis-deeds, non-compliance with contracts,
and maybe even their sworn professional duties, it will go on and on.

  If the recording exists of the first phone call Bell made to the Scituate Police, the officer on the phone with Bell stated that
she had an injury on her arm from the physical treatment he allegedly gave her. There was no such treatment witnessed. This
“mark-on-arm” comment never made the police report, something Bell has wondered about since. Bell has been to the
Scituate police station numerous times and spoken to numerous officers. Despite visits, letters, and conversations, the police
have not investigated any of Bell’s claims. Bell will maintain that it would have been foolhardy and/or just plain stupid to
have received custody of his son months earlier, then engaged in an abusive altercation with anybody. The pattern of the
report, versus the reality, only fits the creation of this corrupt and abusive scam. The Scituate Police Chief stated they will not
“revisit” the case.

                            List of Attachments
1.  Dave Silva Email
2.  Escrow Agreement
3.  Affidavit of Amy Shuman (2 pages)
4.  Katz brothers face charges
5.  Deceptive absent permission note to school by Sheridan
6.  Podolski 5-4-06 letter about Devon moving to Westfield.
        a. Benner February 2005 fax about Devon moving to Westfield.
7. John Jenney letter.
8. Sheridan affidavit re: not knowing Devon was moving to Westfield until 8-05
9. Westfield Vo-Tech letter to NPFC (2 pages)
10. GAL report, comments about Sheridan test by Levin.
11. omitted
12. omitted
13. Motion to attend Kelsey’s graduation by Sheridan
14. Drop Dead date for Devon’s move to Westfield stipulation.
15. Podolski says no plaintiff contact with 209A
        a. Sheridan says no plaintiff contact with a 209A
        b. NPFC says no plaintiff contact with a 209A
16. a. Podolski says “leave mother out of it.”
17. BBO letter regarding Salon documented lies in court session.
18. omitted.
19. HIPAA violation Salon said he could not do, but did.
20. Contempt judgment against Sheridan.
21. omitted
22. Kelsey card to Devon stating she has an apartment.
23. Baresi says 209A prevents plaintiff from contacting defendant.
24. Westfield Police Chief letter re: 209A modification for Devon’s graduation. (2 pgs)
25. Emailed 209A modification from Baresi and Dodd.
        a. 209A mod clearly showing it was done on 6-3-08
26. Sheridan partial list of defaults on divorce agreement. (2 pgs)
27. Monan Report of clerk-magistrate corruption.
28. Delayed court process, similar to Monan Report claims. (2 pgs)
29. Sheridan missing Supplemental Rule 410 data.
        a. MGL, Ch 191 Section 14 filing that was denied. (2 pgs)
30. Phillip – Employer sayd he’s a CPA, State of MA says no since 1996.
31. Refusal of NPFC to interfere in 209A matter.
32. “Lost” tape cassette at NPFC and associated paperwork. (3 pgs)


Shared By: