CITIZEN’S ETHICS ADVISORY BOARD
OF THE OFFICE OF STATE ETHICS
18-20 Trinity Street, Suite # 205, Hartford, CT 06106-1660
The Citizen’s Ethics Advisory Board of the Office of State Ethics will conduct its regular meeting on
Thursday, July 24, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. in Conference Room 2-A, 2nd floor, 18-20 Trinity Street, Hartford,
July 24, 2008, at 1:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Minutes of June 26, 2008 Regular Meeting.
3. Consideration of the Following Draft Advisory Opinions:
a. Draft Advisory Opinion: “Application of the Code of Ethics for Public Officials to supervisors
and subordinates who employ each other in an outside employment setting”. * Vote Required
b. Draft Advisory Opinion: “State Employees Participating in Rebate Program Administered by
their Agency”. * Vote Required
4. Consideration of Petition to Reconsider Advisory Opinion No. 95-7. * Vote Required
5. Enforcement Division Report. (Information only)
a. Enforcement Audits. * Vote Required
b. Arthur Diedrick Consent Order, Docket No. 2003-4. (Information only)
6. Closed Session to Discuss a Confidential Ethics Complaint. (Information only)
7. Legislation Update. (Information only)
8. Legal Division Report. (Information Only)
a. Response to Board Member Bernhard’s Question Regarding Board’s Authority to Make a Finding
of a Violation.
b. Proposed Amendments to Regulations. * Vote Required
9. Director of Education’s Oral Report. (Information Only)
10. Executive Director’s Report. (Information Only)
a. Oral Report
b. Memorandum – Short-term and Long-term Challenges of the OSE. (Information only)
11. Public Comment.