GOLF CART RULES AND REGULATIONS
HOMEPLACE RECREATIONAL PARK INC.
258 Homeplace Park Rd., Ararat NC 27007
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1 , 2011
* All golf carts MUST be registered at the campground office. A registration fee of $10.00 for each cart will be
accessed for first time registrations. Renewal registration is $5.00 per each cart bearing prior year inspection sticker.
Registration fees will be collected at the time of annual registration.
* All golf carts will be inspected for proper equipment. Each cart must have at least one operational headlight, and must
have operational rear tail light(s) and/or red reflector(s). Gasoline-powered carts must have a muffler/silencer in place, and
shall not emit excessive noise or smoke.
(Times and Dates of annual registration will be posted at campground office.)
* All golf carts MUST bear a current Homeplace Recreational Park registration sticker. Sticker must be affixed to
drivers side and conspicuously displayed on the front of the cart. The owner’s campsite number must be displayed on
the front and rear of the cart in three-inch easy-to-read letters.
* Proof of Liability insurance must be provided by the owner. Owners are responsible for any personal injury or
property damage caused by golf cart operation. Homeplace Recreational Park Inc. assumes no liability for accidents,
misuse, theft, damage, injury, or any other occurrence or mishap arising from golf cart operation on park property.
* Golf carts may NOT be operated by unlicensed drivers, Unless accompanied by a PARENT or GUARDIAN. (Parent
or Guardian MUST be in front seat beside operator!) Children under 10 years of age shall NOT operate golf carts
at any time on park premises.
* Anyone operating a golf cart MUST HAVE their license with them while on the cart.
* Golf carts may NOT carry more than the number of passengers for which they were designed.
* Golf carts operation is limited to use on established Park roads and trails. Drive in designated areas only. Do NOT
short-cut across grassy areas or other campsites. Obey all No Trespassing, Private Property and other Posted signs.
* Operators MUST avoid using congested and heavily populated areas as a thoroughfare.
* Do NOT Enter or Exit through the automatic gates at the office. Use the golf cart entrance and exits ONLY.
* Operators MUST observe safe driving practices. Avoid excessive speed and unsafe maneuvers.
(Speed limit on Park property and in campground is 10 MPH.)
* Golf carts must NOT be parked in a manner, which interferes with vehicle or pedestrian traffic.
* Golf carts SHALL NOT be operated at any time between 11:00 PM and 7 AM. (Except for on-duty staff and/or
security personnel) Golf cart operators must observe established quiet hours.
* OPEN DISPLAY OR USE OF ALCOHOL ON GOLFCART IS NOT ALLOWED!
* PENALTIES for Violations:
1st Violation - Verbal warning
2nd Violation - Suspension of golf cart privileges for 2 weeks.
3rd Violation - Suspension of golf cart privileges indefinitely.
NOTE : OVERNITE CAMPERS who bring a golf cart to the campground.
1) MUST REGISTER Golf Cart at check-in.
2) MUST provide Proof of Liability insurance by owner.
3) A registration fee of $10.00 for each cart will be accessed for first time registrations.
Renewal registration is $5.00 per each cart bearing prior year inspection sticker.
4) Follow ALL Golf Cart Rules and Regulations
Homeplace Recreational Park Inc. reserves the right to change any or all rates and rules at any time at its discretion.