THE FACTS THE ROADCOVER SYSTEM
Introducing There are currently 8.6 million vehicles on South African RoadCover is a service based offering, allowing members
who become motor vehicle accident victims, to be compensated
ROAD COVER roads, but only 7.3 million licensed drivers. As many as
half have obtained their licenses fraudulently, according
to the Department of Transport.
by the RAF at NO cost to themselves!
Each year sees an average of 550,000 accidents, which 100% of RAF
account for 220,000 injuries and/or fatalities. settlement*
THE ROAD ACCIDENT FUND
The Road Accident Fund was set up to deal with injuries
and fatalities associated with motor vehicle accidents.
THE PROBLEM * see point 8 under ‘Limits of Services’ on reverse side
• Injured victims are faced with huge challenges, when A TYPICAL CLAIM
processing a claim to the Road Accident fund, at a
time when they can ill afford additional stress. Below is an example of a typical claim against the
• The process is extremely costly, long, complicated Road Accident Fund and the resulting payout. Notice
and an administrative nightmare. how the hypothetical RoadCover member is receiving
more than 5 times the amount of actual cash-in-hand.
• 7 out of 10 claims are fraudulent, leading to claims
time being on average 36 - 48 months.
TYPICAL CLAIM FOR NON-MEMBER
• Pending of the new law has moved the Legal faternity
away from processing claims because victims receive TOTAL PAYOUT BY RAF 97,300.00
• In most instances, injured victims are unaware of the Less contingency/legal fees @30% 29,190.00
Less 2 medicolegals (+interest) 15,600.00
advantages offered by the Road Accident Fund.
Less all/any medical costs 27,900.00
Less sundries 5,400.00
TOTAL REMAINING 19,210.00
In contrast, a RoadCover member
the solution would have received
CONTACT DETAILS ROADCOVER WORKS
RoadCover works for Individuals
Because there is no cash layout at any time, the
membership protects the victim from the costs of lodging a
claim against the RAF. At the end of the claim period,
individuals receive the full benefit of the RAF payment,
with no hidden deductions. In addition, RoadCover
Toll free undertakes to do all administrative management of the
claim, from start to finish, effectively halving the time
period to process the settlement. For the duration of the
claim, the individual receives -
0860 726 837 • free legal representation;
• free administration and claims management;
0860 RCOVER • free required medicolegal reports from RoadCover
medical experts, as approved by the RAF;
www.roadcover.co.za • free required future loss of earnings reports.
• free accident reconstruction
RoadCover works for the Road Accident Fund.
RoadCover is seen by the RAF as a company that would
only prepare legitimate, fair and balanced claims. This
results in -
• the claimant receiving the full amount of money;
• halving of the claim period;
• reduction in fraudulent claims;
• RoadCover takes no party-to-party costs from the Road