The Russian Mining Sector – Market Opportunity and Entry Strategies,
Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
• Top level overview of the Russian mining industry
• A breakdown of the Russian mining industry by segments such as coal, metallic minerals and
non metallic minerals
• Details of top companies active across Russian mining industry
• Emerging trends and opportunities in the Russian mining industry in the last 12 months
This report offers insights into market opportunities and entry strategies adopted to gain market
share in the Russian mining industry. In particular, it offers in-depth analysis of the following:
• Market opportunity and attractiveness: Detailed analysis of current market size and growth
expectations during 2010–15. It highlights key drivers to help understand growth dynamics. It
also benchmarks the sector against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of
emerging opportunities in specific areas.
• Procurement dynamics: Trend analysis of exports and imports, along with their implications
and impact on the Russian mining industry.
• Industry structure: Five forces analysis to understand various power centers in the industry and
how they are likely to develop in the medium term.
• Competitive landscape: Analysis of key companies in the public and private sectors of the
Russian mining industry.
• Market entry strategy: Analysis of possible ways to enter the market along with an
understanding of how existing operators have achieved this, including key contracts, alliances,
and strategic initiatives.
• Business environment and country risk: a range of drivers at country level, assessing business
environment and country risk. It covers historical and forecast values for a range of indicators,
evaluating business confidence, economic performance, infrastructure quality and availability,
labor force, demographics, and political and social risk.
• Analysis of Mining industry production from 2004 through 2009 and forecasts till 2015
• Analysis of market size and production trend analysis by coal, metallic and non-metallic
• Mining Equipment market size and forecast
• End use market dynamics
• Benchmarking with key global markets
• Market opportunities
• Mining import and export dynamics
• Industry dynamics: Five forces analysis of coal, metallic minerals, non- metallic minerals and
• Market entry strategy
• Competitive landscape and strategic insights
• Business environment and country risk
• Gain insight into the Russian mining industry with current, historic and forecast production of
coal, metallic minerals and non-metallic minerals
• Get insight on market opportunity and attractiveness
• Get insight on industry import and export dynamics
• Gain insight on industry structure
• Gain insight into the regulations governing the Russian mining industry and the potential
market entry strategies with an expert analysis of the competitive structure
• Identify top companies of the Russian mining industry along with profiles on those companies
As a result of the economic crisis, market demand for minerals and metals remained slow in
2009, which resulted in a decline in production and an inventory backlog. However, production
is expected to improve in accordance with increased domestic and foreign demand.
In terms of volume, the production of metals and minerals in Russia is expected to grow at a
CAGR of 5.1% during 2010–15, and total production is expected to increase from XX million
tons in 2009 to XX million tons in 2015.
Foreign investment in Russia’s mining industry grew at a CAGR of 1.3% during 2004–09.
Despite investment in the Russian mining industry recording a CAGR of 17% during 2004–08,
in 2009 investment declined due to the global financial crisis. With the implementation of
government initiatives designed to ease entry restrictions via the streamlining of the investment
approval process, investments in the country are expected to increase in the forecast period.
For more information, please contact :