REPUBLIQUE DU CAMEROUN REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
Paix -Travail - Patrie Peace - Work - Fatherland
UNIVERSITE DE DOUALA THE UNIVERSITY OF DOUALA
ECOLE SUPERIEURE DES SCIENCES ADVANCED SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
ECONOMIQUES ET COMMERCIALES AND COMMERCE
RADIO ANNOUNCEMENT/PRESS RELEASE
To announce the Entrance Examination for admission into the 1 st year of the Higher
Commercial Studies (DESC) Cycle of the Advanced School of Economics and Commerce
(ESSEC) of the University of Douala for the 2010/2011 academic year.
THE RECTOR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF DOUALA ANNOUNCES :
A competitive entrance examination into the first year of the Higher Commercial Studies
Programme of the Advanced School of Economics and Commerce (ESSEC) for the 2010/2011
academic year is hereby launched.
The examination is open to candidates of both sexes, holders of a “Baccalauréat (A, B, C, D or G)”
or GCE Advanced Level with Mathematics and/or Economics and Management related subjects.
The training is full time (day classes) and is offered exclusively to non workers.
CANDIDATES' FILES SHALL COMPRISE
1. A registration form (obtainable from ESSEC, Admissions Office or the Department of
Higher Education Development, MINESUP, Yaounde) ;
2. A handwritten application bearing a 1000 CFA francs fiscal stamp
3. A certified true copy of birth certificate not older than three (3) months.
4. A certified true copy of Baccalaureat or GCE A/L
5. A certified true copy of the diploma presented and of all the « Terminales » or Upper 6th
school reports ;
6. A medical certificate not older than three (3) months delivered by a state medical
7. A certificate of non-conviction issued not earlier than (3) months ago ;
8. Two (2) recent passport size photographs of the candidate ;
9. An authorization to register for the competitive examination delivered by the Minister of
Public Service or the competent administrative authority, for civil servants and state
10. A twenty thousand (20,000) CFA francs postal money order being examination fees
addressed to “Monsieur l’Agent Comptable de l’Université de Douala” or the receipt
issued upon payment of twenty thousand (20,000) CFA francs on the following account :
ESSEC/UD, Account n° 012079 – 01533, BICEC, Bonanjo Branch, Douala.
11. An A4 size self-addressed envelope bearing a 400 CFA francs postage stamp.
LATEST DATE FOR REGISTRATION
All application files must reach ESSEC (Admissions Office) on or before Friday 18 June 2010.
WHERE TO OBTAIN REGISTRATION FORMS AND RETURN APPLICATION
Admissions Office, ESSEC ; P.O. box 1931 Douala;
Department of Higher Education Development, Ministry of Higher Education, Yaoundé.
DATE OF EXAMINATION : MONDAY, 28 June 2010
EXAMINATION CENTRES :
Douala (ESSEC Campus)
Yaoundé (University of Yaoundé 1 Campus)
Buea (University Campus) ;
Bafoussam ; Bertoua ; Ebolowa ; Garoua.
STRUCTURE OF EXAMINATION
A.- The competitive entrance examination has three (3) sections
1. A written examination representing 60 % of the final mark ;
2. An examination of the candidate's school records representing 20 % of the final mark ;
3. An interview representing 20 % of the final mark.
B.- The written examination comprises :
- General Mathematics (Terminale/Upper 6th science programme)
- Special Mathematics : Probability or financial Maths (Upper 6th
science/ « Terminales scientifiques » or G programme)
Duration : Three (3) hours.
2. An essay on an economic subject to test the candidate's interest in the national and
international economic problems as well as recent economic histrory or Geography.
Duration : Three (3) hours
3. General knowledge : A two hour paper to test the candidate's level of general knowledge
on contemporary major problems in Cameroon and Africa.
The Rector of the University of Douala,