; East Linton Playgroup
Documents
Resources
Learning Center
Upload
Plans & pricing Sign in
Sign Out
Your Federal Quarterly Tax Payments are due April 15th Get Help Now >>

East Linton Playgroup

VIEWS: 19 PAGES: 9

  • pg 1
									                             East Linton Playgroup
                          Meeting – Monday 29 March 2010
                                    Crown Hotel
Present: Maxine Kinnaird, Wendy Galloway, Ailsa Swinburne, Zoe McCarthy Emma Niven,
Donna Tsang, Rebecca Devon Jill Craven, Pam Tannahill (minutes)

Apologies: Jayne Bailey

PURPOSE OF MEETING

Monthly committee meeting

Review of Actions from Last Meeting

Most completed – following outstanding:
NA AC
ME TI
   ON

Pa Pro
m du
   ce
   A5
   fly
   ers
   to
   giv
   e
   to
   Ro
   by
   n/f
   or
   use
   in
   sur
   ger
   y

Pa Ens
m/ ure
Ma ne
xin w
e sta
    rt
   co
   mp
   let
   ed
   SSS
   C
   reg
   istr
   ati
   on

Pa Ad
m d
   fee
   inc
   rea
   se
   rev
   ie
   w
   to
   Ma
   y
   ag
   en
   da

Ma Ch
xin ase
e Co
    uri
    er
    on
    co
    ver
    ag
    e
    of
    Bo
    wli
    ng
    Clu
    b
    do
    nat
    ion
   in
   Ma
   y if
   not
   he
   ard

Pa Co
m nta
   ct
   SP
   PA
   re
   rev
   ise
   d
   gui
   del
   ine
   s
   on
   ad
   mi
   nis
   tra
   tio
   n
   of
   me
   dic
   ine

We Re
nd vie
y/ w
Ma Ca
xin re
e/ Sta
Pa nd
m ard
    s
    rev
    ie
    w
    at
    We
    nd
    y’s
    ap
    pra
    isa
    l

Jill Se
/E nd
m fin
ma al
     up
     dat
     ed
     pol
     icy
     rev
     ie
     w
     file
     to
     Pa
     m

NAME                      ACTION
Pam                       Produce A5 flyers to give to Robyn/for use in surgery
Pam/Maxine                Ensure new start completed SSSC registration
Pam                       Add fee increase review to May agenda
Maxine                    Chase Courier on coverage of Bowling Club donation in May if
                          not heard
Pam                       Contact SPPA re revised guidelines on administration of
                          medicine
Wendy/Maxine/Pa           Review Care Standards review
m
Pam                       Update contracts to reflect increased holiday entitlements
Jill/Emma                 Send final updated policy review file to Pam

Notes on above/other actions from last meeting:

           Wendy to check inventory, then Pam to print off and keep with
            insurance documents

Wendy’s Appraisal
Maxine gave feedback on Wendy’s appraisal as far as it affects Playgroup
business. Key points:
    Induction pack ahead of schedule
      Review of Wendy’s job description needed (no mention of SSSC/Care
       Commission form filling or coursework). Wendy to conduct time-in-
       motion study of what she does/should with regards to Care Commission,
       this will additionally help to ensure that Wendy is not doing things the
       committee should be dealing with. Action Wendy. Also to review
       committee roles, especially Maxine, Donna, Pam, Ailsa. Action
       Maxine/Pam
      Wendy’s holiday entitlement has increased (since April 09) and she
       should be getting 5 weeks paid leave per annum (instead of 4). We will
       backdate a week’s pay in next pay packet to cover this year (action
       Donna) and the extra week will be paid in August, which will stand in
       future years. Assistant playleader will also receive an extra week of pay
       in August. Action : Pam to amend contracts.
      Taking into account parent feedback on induction pack etc, one issue is
       that Wendy is now not getting chance to meet with all parents. To try to
       address this we will hold a parents evening in May 2010 at Prestonkirk
       Stables. We will have banners on the wall with themes and evidence of
       what the children have been doing. Maxine/Ailsa will assist with
       banners.

Objectives – key points:

      Urgent training needs (1st Aid, SVQ4) to be addressed ASAP. Wendy to
       follow up with Ann Dowie for advice.
      Planning – Wendy to provide detailed feedback to committee every
       month on how plan has gone vs reality to help with future planning.
      Parent night to be held in May
      Time-in-motion study to be conducted
      Objectives to be reviewed in August for new term and before new
       committee

Zoe asked if the change of committee each year presents a problem? Wendy’s
view is that it comes with job and each committee brings a set of different
skills so different things progress each year, to the benefit of playgroup. There
could be scope to have some roles filled continuously for more than one year.

Playleaders Report

Summary of Wendy’s report.
    Themes generally seem to be working well (eg Chinese New Year, St
     Davids Day, Firefighters).
    Been unable to do some activities (eg visit to postbox, planting seeds)
     largely due to lack of assistant playleader.
    Parents turning up later than 9am been difficult, especially when no
     assistant playleader. Often not ready for the children
      Table for paperwork is working well – more organized
      Tidying up – toys are getting mixed up, Wendy has to spend time
       rearranging
      Really missing trampoline, need to get spare part
      Snack is working well but need a Thursday parent to liaise with Emma on
       snack and what’s required
      Noticeboard not been used every day, will be easier when Jayne back on
       board
      Need to continue to find ways of displaying childrens artwork
      Also had some children-led topics (pasties and dinosaurs). Wendy has
       created a book with ideas to use with the children to establish what they
       are interested in. Number of themes chosen by a number of children –
       pirates, police, pets, healthy foods, Gruffalo, music. Also plan to look at
       Spain as one of the children will be there on holiday for 5 weeks. Also to
       cover other cultures (Wesak, Buddhist celebration).
      Feedback form been issued again, had 3 out of 25 replies
      A new scrapbook is underway
      May need to contact Pam McC re CC report as off on holiday for 3 weeks
      Wendy on waiting list for all required courses, still waiting to hear what
       happening re funding. May need to seek extra fuinding, Wendy asked for
       pack from ILA.

Actions following on from Playleader report
Wendy – look into getting replacement part for trampoline
Parents – try to get to playgroup ASAP when setting up, try to keep toys in right
place at tidy up
Parents – keep children (and selves)out of room until 9.15 unless on duty
Wendy – make sure someone liaising with Emma on Thurs re what needed for
snack
Wendy – print and laminate new signs for doors, asking to keep doors closed

Finance update

£1629 in bank (including assumed coop bill taken off and fees still to be paid),
grant not through yet. Milk money for August – November is through. Couple of
parents waiting to see if they can get funding for playgroup before they pay
fees.

Month of March is in credit (by £176.73), because numbers are high and did not
have assistant playleader pay.

Group Policies Review

Ran through actions from policy reviews. Jill to document agreed actions and
Pam to circulate with meeting minutes.
Jill to send Pam policy review summary document once completed.
Some additional actions from discussion:
     Pam to contact SPPA re additional policies required and whether been
        update of policy pack that we purchased in Jan 2008.
     Ailsa to ensure induction pack contains snack preparation guidelines
     Ailsa to spruce up noticeboard
     Pam to add SSSC registration check to recruitment process summary
     Medication forms need updated – Rebecca will create
     All - once receive CC report, need to map recommendations to relevant
        policies

Gala Day

Three Little Pigs was outright winner from poll. Plan is to start work end
April/start of May. Maybe try to get a dad to be the Big Bad Wolf. Maxine’s
Andrew is chasing a trailer to use. Theme will be used at Playgroup w/c 31/5 to
help get artwork done. Gala day is 12/6. Jill to send email to parents to update
them on theme etc.

Gala day stall to be discussed at next meeting (maybe Build-a-Bear?) , Pam to
add to agenda.

Fundraising

Recipe books – Gave 25 each to coop/post office/butcher. 40 of those sold.
Now made £200 from sales of book, cost £120 so £80 profit. Well done! Still 120
books left – will try to sell at Parents Evening and Gala Day.

Fundraising ideas: bag/teatowel, anagram quiz sheet, tshirts, pub quiz (maybe
in August?), sponsored highland games, 20p snake, take £1 and make money,
race night, Usborne books?

No final decision, will continue to discuss at next committee meeting.

Summer party/outing

Decided on Teddy’s Bear picnic at Lauderdale park on either 21/6 or 28/6.
Parents to stay with children, no charge for that day. 30/6 is the cleaning day.

Hall Issues

Connor has left Playgroup but Zoe has offered to stay on the committee.

Zoe is unable to attend next hall committee meeting on Thurs 29th April,
Maxine will attend.
Feedback on hall temperature issue: heaters are preset but some groups come
in and fiddle with controls so limited control. The issue has been noted by
Judith Priest.

Fire-drills – up to individual groups to set and carry out

Fencing – new fencing to be erected at back door on ramp. Playgroup have
been asked to contribute £100 out of the £460 total. We were not consulted on
design etc so will wait to see if it suits our needs but willing in principle to
make a contribution. Maxine to follow up with Judith Priest.

Admissions Policy

Due to lack of time agreed to do this by email. Ailsa to email re waiting list and
admissions. All to review and get back to her. Maxine will email round results
of poll on age priority for playgroup – no clear winner, suggestion of a 2 yr old
day worth considering.

AOB

Pam – add next newsletter to May agenda

Ownership of master copies of documents – comes under roles and
responsibilities so will be addressed then.

Prelim enquiries on website, from now on Rebecca will just send on to Ailsa.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Tuesday 4th May, 8 pm, The Crown
ACTION TABLE

NAME             ACTION
Pam              Produce A5 flyers to give to Robyn/for use in surgery
Pam/Maxine       Ensure new start completed SSSC registration
Pam              Add fee increase review to May agenda
Maxine           Chase Courier on coverage of Bowling Club donation in May if
                 not heard
Pam              Contact SPPA re revised guidelines on administration of
                 medicine
Wendy/Maxine/Pam Review Care Standards review
Pam              Update contracts to reflect increased holiday entitlements
Maxine/Ailsa     Assist with banners for Parents Day
Jill/Emma        Send final updated policy review file to Pam
Wendy            Check inventory
Pam              Print off completed inventory and keep with insurance
                 documents
Wendy            Complete time-in-motion study
Maxine/Pam       Review staff and committee roles
Wendy            Follow up with Ann Dowie re training
Wendy            Provide feedback on reality vs planat monthly committee
                 mtg
Maxine/Wendy/Pam Review objectives in August
Wendy            Look into getting replacement part for trampoline
Wendy            Make sure someone liaising with Emma on Thurs re what
                 needed for snack
Wendy            Print and laminate new signs for doors, asking to keep doors
                 closed
Jill             Document actions from group policy review
Pam              Contact SPPA re updated policies availability
Ailsa            Ensure snack preparation included in induction pack
Ailsa            Update noticeboard
Pam              Add SSSC registration for new recruits to recruitment process
Rebecca          Create medication form
All              Map CC recommendations to policies
Jill             Email parents to let know gala day theme
Pam              Add Gala day stall to May agenda
All              Set date for parents evening
Maxine           To attend hall committee meeting 29/4
Maxine           Follow up with J Priest on fencing
Ailsa            Email committee with info on waiting list and admissions for
                 feedback
Maxine           Email poll results on age priorities for playgroup

								
To top