The Stem Cell Market Outlook
This report covers the commercialization of stem cells (primarily derived from adult tissues)
which are transplanted into patients to improve the function of diseased/damaged tissues/organs.
Six indications are covered in detail. Sales forecasts are estimated in the US and five major
European markets (5EU), which include France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.
Features and benefits
* Identify potential growth markets with sales forecasts by indication and expected timing of
* Compare the different business models for stem cell therapies.
* Evaluate which novel products offer the greatest potential clinical advances over the next
several years and why.
* Assess potential clinical advances and how they address current unmet needs.
* Understand the drivers and resistors of the stem cell market.
Six indications were prioritized based on likely commercial potential and adoption into clinical
practice: acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, critical limb ischemia, amyotrophic lateral
sclerosis, spinal cord injury and ischemic stroke.
Companies are developing first generation therapies primarily based on ex vivo expanded
allogeneic or autologous bone marrow derived stem cells. Recently, a second generation of
products has entered clinical development, which may build on the efficacy of first generation
The greatest potential revenues are forecast in diseases or conditions with significant mortality or
morbidity and limited treatment options, for which autologous bone marrow mononuclear cells
(BMMNCs) may not be applicable or ineffective and lower patient numbers can be offset by
For more information, please contact :