Document Sample
CBRE_FAQs Powered By Docstoc
					                                      Corporate Graphics FAQs

I need to set up an account? What do I need to do?
If you are part of a CBRE-owned Office
         1. Contact your OOM to ensure someone else in your office doesn’t handle this already.
         2. Click on Choose Full-Service
             Offices as the site you want to order from.
         3. Go to: New User? Click Here to register. Complete fields and continue with registration.

If you are part of an Affiliate Office
         1. Contact your local management to ensure someone else in your office doesn’t handle this
         2. Click on Choose Affiliate
             Offices as the site you want to order from.
         3. Go to: New User? Click Here to register. Complete fields and continue with registration.

If you are an on-site employee at a client’s (either Asset Services, Facilities Management, Global
Corporate Services, Project Management or Trammell Crow):
         4. Click on Choose Institutional &
             Global Corporate Services as the site you want to order from.
         5. Go to: New User? Click Here to register. Complete fields and continue with registration.

I don’t know any of my property codes. Where can I get them?
If you have questions about your Department ID or Project ID, contact:
James Zavala

Note: James is not able to assist you with Corporate Graphics issues; he is only available to
assist you with your Department ID or Project ID.

I don’t know what GL # to use.
Ask your manager what to code these items to. Most offices use 543000, but confirm this with your

I’m with Capital Markets; what happened to the Capital Markets moniker?
Per the revised Capital Markets branding guidelines (2/2010) there will no longer be a Capital Markets tag
line on the business cards. All Capital Markets employees (IP and DEF) should include their name, title,
business activity and up to specialty groups/service lines on their business cards.

I do not see my service line or specialty group in the drop down list. Can it be added?
Only approved and sanctioned service lines and specialty groups can be printed on your business card.
Click here to download a list of these groups. Most professionals should use the Service Line and then
type in their specialty under Marketing Specialty on the business card. If you feel your group should be
added to this list, please email with your request.

I am ordering cards for someone who is LEED certified. Why is there no ® after LEED in the titles?
Per the USGBC guidelines, titles should not included the registered trademark symbol. Please choose
from the list of acceptable LEED titles. If you have a certain kind of LEED certification and title that is not
listed, please email and we will determine if that titles can be added to the
drop down menu.

I’m having problems logging in. What should I do?
Make sure you are logging into the correct site. If you are in Asset Services, Facilities Management,
Global Corporate Services or Project Management, you need to log in to the Institutional and Global
Corporate Services (I&GCS) site.

If you forgot your password
Click on the “Forgot you password?” link on the site to have it sent to your email address.

I’m going through an office integration, and I have about 200 business cards I need to order. Is
there an easier way to order them other than to type them in one at a time?
Yes, if you gather all of the appropriate info, we can run one bulk order of business cards. The system is
only efficient with a very large number of orders, so we will need to have the info submitted only once.

The spreadsheet must be submitted in the exact format – and it can only be submitted once. It will be
very important to have all of the information gathered, proofed, and double-checked before submitting to
Corporate Graphics. They feed the info straight to the printing presses. Please contact for the spreadsheet and send back once completed. Once submitted no
changes can be made. There will also be a service charge for completing these types of orders based on
the quantity of cards requested.

I would like to have some custom stationery for our building created. We want business cards,
letterhead, second page for the letterhead and envelopes (window and standard). I attached the
logo that we need to have on all the stationery and a sample of the letterhead we need to get the
staff in our office. How do I go about doing this?
Please contact If your design includes the CBRE logo, it must be
approved by Ron Houghtaling, the company’s Director of Branding. Your job will be submitted to
Corporate Graphics as a custom project. You may also want to get quotes from local print vendors and
CBRE’s national print vendor, RR Donnelley, as custom stationery will be considerably more expensive.

Who is my approver?
Please contact You will need to submit your account log in and the type of
user you are (Full-service, I&GCS, Affiliate, TCC).

Can I have more than one approver?
No. You can only have one approver.

I’m a sales professional with a law/accounting degree, why can’t I put CPA or JD after my name on
a business card?
CPA and JD can not be included on a business card per our legal team. Even though it only relates to the
individual there is an implication that the sales professional would use that expertise in his/her capacity as
a CBRE broker. It gives the client an opportunity to ask for legal and/or, tax advice, or may create a
reliance on the client’s part that is not warranted. The only exception would be the use of JD for our legal
counsel team.

One of our brokers has a professional designation and would like to put the logo on his business
card. Can we do that?
Only the CBRE logo is to be printed on the front of the business card to maintain the look of our standard
template. No logos of professional affiliations or certifications are allowed to help ensure we maintain our
brand consistency.

I am in the state of California and I am not a licensed broker. Why do I need the Broker Lic.
Number on my business cards?
All employees who work for a licensed real estate firm in the state of California must have the firm’s
Broker License Number on their “first point of contact” materials. This includes business cards, letterhead
and email signatures, among other things. Additionally, employees who are individually licensed must
include their own license number on these materials. This is the law in the state of California as of late
2009 and must be followed for everyone.
The law in my state requires the text “Licensed Real Estate Broker” to be included on our
letterhead, business cards and envelopes, but I don’t see how to include that when I place my
Most states that require this option have already been set up in the system. When you choose your state
you can choose either “Yes, include” or “No, don’t include.” If your state does not have this option, email and they will confirm the laws for your state and make any necessary
changes to the ordering site.

I would like to put another item on the back or bottom of my business card. Can this be done?
No. All business cards must conform to the corporate design. Adding additional department sayings or
after hours contact directions is not allowed. If you are a property engineer or a facility manager and
would like to get a card printed for use as an after hours directions, please reach out to your local
marketing department for help creating the file and outsourcing the printing.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the Corporate Graphics support desk or