By: Rebecca, Lydia,
Roxana, & Kori
Background of Chanel
• Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel was born on August 19, 1883 in France.
• Her family did not have any money and they had to live in a poor
• When she was 12 her mother had passed away and her father
disappeared. Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel and her two sisters went to an
orphanage, while her two brothers went to a farm and become child
laborers. (Mizuho, Inoue.n.d)
Background of Chanel
• She introduced simple, elegant, relaxed, and functional closed that
expressed the aspirations of women in the Twentieth Century.
• She borrowed ideas men’s clothing and created clothes for the
modern women of her time.
• In 1916 Chanel introduced jersey suits. During the war time Chanel
adopted a jersey as couture fabric.
• The suits eliminated the waistline and had a simplified elegance.
• Chanel apparel is more about lifestyle rather than trendy. Mizuho n.d.)
Background of Chanel
• Chanel wanted all women to feel free, be who they wanted to be, and to
feel free in their clothes. She invented "separates" dressing for women, and
she made sportswear available to them - women could play a game of tennis in
white jersey pants instead of tripping over long skirts and gasping for breath
though corsets (Leight, May 2005).
Current Styles and
• The company, which is privately owned, strictly controls
all design, manufacturing, distribution and advertising to
ensure the highest level of quality.
• Chanel offers a broad range of luxury products including
fragrance, makeup, skin care, Ready-to-Wear, leather
goods, fine jewelry, and accessories through the United
•The Neiman Marcus Award was created by the
well-known retail store. It is an award for a designer
who has designed, publicized, or worn fashion that
has influenced the public.
•Coco Chanel was awarded the Neiman Marcus
award in 1957 for her designs and influence on
fashion. (Ekstrom, Gigi. Justiss, Margaret. 2006. )
Although Chanel has attracted a
variety of ages, it’s
advertisements have been
focused on the younger
generation. For example, Emma
Watson, a young actress is
shown here wearing Chanel
(Chanel For Beginners
• Demographic: Men and women of ages 23-80, with a
good education and high income who live all over the
world. (Chanel has stores worldwide).
• Stores are located in Europe, North American, South
America, and Asia.
February 14 2006)
•Chanel stores are located as
individuals and upscale malls all
around the world
(John Li. March
Pricing varies by accessories
• Handbags=$400- over $1,000
• Haute Couture dresses can be priced higher than
• Chanel carry’s a large amount of merchandise for both
males and females. An overview of these collections
*Women’s Shoes *Men’s Shoes
*Fine Jewelry *Watches
• Chanel has always had a variety of products.
• Chanel merchandises a variety of ready to wear
• Chanel sells different types of leather goods like
handbags and smaller wallets and clutches.
• Chanel merchandises shoes.
• Chanel merchandises costume jewelry.
•Chanel merchandises eyewear like
sunglasses and glasses frames.
•Chanel also merchandises accessories like
brooches, gloves, scarves, hats, umbrellas,
ties, and dog leashes.
•Chanel also merchandises sports equipment
tennis rackets and tennis balls, and weights.
• Chanel attracts wealthy customers
that will benefit your sales.
• Chanel advertises to ensure
customers know about it’s
most recent items.
• Chanel’s haute couture is made with
the best textiles that always have
customers coming back.
Chanel Appeals to All
• Chanel has a wide range of different apparel
This Chanel football is
for sale for $195.
• Chanel has products for just about everyone and every
• Chanel’s garments are so prestigious they are a staple
• Chanel will bring many customers that will increase the
• Chanel is great for anyone looking to be fashionable
•Inoue, Mizuho. Coco Chanel. N.d. Retrieved March 15, 2008 from URL
•Coco Chanel.(2004-2008) Retrieved March 15, 2008 from URL
•Chanel. (2006). Retrieved March 15, 2008 from URL www.CHANEL.com
•John, Li (March 11, 2003). Retrieved March 16, 2008 from URL
•Leight, Michelle. May 15-August 2005. Chanel Retrieved
•Ekstrom, Gigi. Justiss, Margaret. (2006). Fashion Marketing. Chicago,
•Web Design. (n.d.) Retrieved March 15 2008. from URL
•Chanel Perfume. (December 2, 2007) Retrieved March 15, 2008 from URL
• iOffer (2001-2008). Retrieved March 14, 2008 from URL
• Vouge988 (2004). Retrieved March 14, 2008 from URL
• Chanel For Begginers (2008). Retrieved March 14, 2008 from URL
• Earth Images (14 February 2006).