Survey – Real Estate Industry
This questionnaire is part of a final project for a 4th year student of Marketing Management at Ryerson University
(www.ryerson.ca). The project is designed to give final year students the opportunity to conduct market research and
create a marketing plan for a real company. For purposes of the integrity of the research, the company has been kept
confidential. If you have any questions please contact Ayisha Izmeth at firstname.lastname@example.org or the professor for
the course, MKT 802 “Marketing Management”: Rob Wilson at email@example.com.
Thank you for your participation.
This questionnaire will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
2. Do you currently live as a (check only one):
Single with kid(s) Married/common law without kid(s)
Single without kid(s) Married/common law with kid(s)
3. If you have children, how many?
4. What is your current age?
Under 18 19 to 35 36 to 50
51 to 65 Over 65
Please continue if you are 19 or over. Thank you for your participation.
5. Do you currently:
Own & reside in a residential property Rent & reside in a residential property
Continue to Q.8
6. If you currently rent and reside in a residential property, have you ever owned a residential property in the past?
7. If you currently rent and reside in a residential property select the reason(s) you do not own:
“Owning a residential property is too expensive.”
“I’ve always rented. I’m comfortable with renting.”
Other (please specify):
8. If you needed to buy or sell a residential property, would you contact a real estate agent that you currently
9. If not, how would you find a real estate agent?
Ask a family member or friend
Other: Please specify
10. How many real estate agents do you personally know?
None Not Sure Please specify:
11. According to your knowledge, is it obligatory to be represented by a real estate agent in order to buy or sell a
residential or commercial property?
12. On the following scale, select your level of comfort in purchasing a residential property, such as a house.
Very Comfortable Comfortable Average Uncomfortable Very Uncomfortable
13. If you selected “Uncomfortable” or “Very Uncomfortable” in the previous question, select the characteristics of
purchasing a residential property that makes you feel this way:
“I have never purchased a house before.”
“I am not very knowledgeable about the buying process.”
“This is a large investment. I am nervous about making the right decision.”
14. Beside each “Select”, choose your level of importance in regards to choosing a potential real estate agent.
My ideal real estate agent:
a. Is referred to me by a friend. Select: Indifferent
b. Is experienced. Select: Indifferent
c. Has a personal website. Select: Indifferent
d. Has a Facebook page. Select: Indifferent
e. Tweets regularly. Select: Indifferent
f. Writes on an online blog. Select: Indifferent
g. Sends out regular newsletters (email/hardcopy). Select: Indifferent
h. Sends me regular updates via email. Select: Indifferent
i. Phones me with updates. Select: Indifferent
j. Is knowledgeable about the real estate industry. Select: Indifferent
k. Understands my needs. Select: Indifferent
l. Is knowledgeable about neighbourhoods. Select: Indifferent
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.
Please save this file and email firstname.lastname@example.org back with the file as an attachment.