ASSISTANT MANAGER OF RETAIL OPERATIONS
Cava Cuisine is a retail/wholesale operation comprised of three locations within
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. We strive to offer a wide range of products and
services to meet our mandate of being the foremost and primary supplier of
specialty import foods, design-centric tableware, crystal, cookware, kitchen tools
and home décor.
Each store, and both retail and wholesale departments are interconnected with
the Cava Secreta family of companies with the express purpose of achieving the
mission of providing a memorable experience of exceptional service, selection
and value for all tastes.
All Cava Cuisine staff, regardless of which department they work under, link their
daily responsibilities to the following goals to achieve our mission.
• Exceed customer expectations by providing committed, ethical and innovative
• Being a leader in the culinary community
• Matching our unique product selection with our customers to ensure the right fit
for their needs
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Cava Cuisine & Food Service
This position will primarily support Cava Cuisine management to achieve the
sales and profits of multiple retail stores through maximizing sales and ensuring
efficient store operations.
The person who holds this position will be responsive to the strategic plans
associated with growing the Cava Cuisine business overall. This position will
appeal to creative and energetic individuals with an interest in retail customer
service, design-centric products and those with a culinary background.
• Two years retail assistant management experience with responsibility for
retail product selection and basic supervisory responsibilities.
• Experience with the implementation of systems and policies with regard
to retail operations.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal communications skills and the
willingness to be part of a team.
• The ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and possibly
• Solid knowledge of word processing, databases and POS systems.
• To oversee and respond to the day-to-day organizational needs of Cava
Cuisine store(s), including: store cleanliness and restocking, training store
staff for selling techniques, customer service, merchandising, imparting
product knowledge of merchandise, as well as Cava Cuisine services
• Supervise the enforcement of cash handling, loss prevention, store funds
• Assist with the delivery of educational goals including communicating
product information and familiarity with product to increase sales through
active salesmanship and customer service
• Respond to all customer inquiries to Cava Cuisine customer service
• Placing orders for merchandise, store supplies etc. as well as being
responsible for receiving and merchandising stock
• Work with the Store Manager to analyze product sales performance and
inventory needs, including the monitoring of expense and purchasing
• Assist in the development and implementation of retail strategies and
action plans to achieve the store’s sales and profit budgets
• Ensure all administrative responsibilities are completed promptly and
accurately and identify and discuss operation issues/concerns with store
• Perform related duties as directed by Store Manager
Wage - TBD
Working Days - Full time positions are 5 days a week. We are open 7 days a
week and weekend work will be required. Working on statutory holidays
may be expected, as appropriate to the season.
Hours - A 35 hour week is guaranteed, though 40 hours will likely occur.
The normal hours of operation are normally between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm,
though special events may require working hours outside this range.
Benefits - Medical & dental benefits available. Employees receive a 20%
store discount. The organization strives to provide flexibility to staff
depending on circumstances.
Probation - There will be a 3 month probation period.
Please reply in confidence with résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org