Jan Hewlett 3902 Catamarca Drive | San Diego, CA 92124 | (858) 541-0855
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://janhewlett.com | http://www.linkedin.com/in/jhewlett
Highly creative and results-oriented Graphic Designer with extensive experience in print/web design, and marketing.
Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills; dynamic team player with well-developed written and verbal
communication abilities. Highly skilled in client/vendor relations and negotiations. Passionate creator of innovative
marketing strategies and campaigns. Advanced experience in fast-paced, deadline-driven marketing departments at
technical manufacturing, retail and healthcare companies.
• Effective negotiation skills yielded more than $60K in savings per year on digital image purchases.
• Industry award winner for design and advertising campaigns.
• Implemented new job tracking system that reduced administrative time by 40%.
• Increased Web site ranking (SEO) by 60%, generating more than $1.25M in qualified leads.
• Designed a Web site that was instrumental in the $150M dollar contract for Compaq.
Expert skills using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AcrobatPro, Dreamweaver), and QuarkXPress.
Advanced understanding of digital asset management software, and HTML. Proficient with MS Office Suite (PowerPoint,
Visual Basic. Experienced on both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
Career History __________________________________________________________________
AMN Healthcare Graphic Designer February 2006 to January 2009
Projects included the design and production of: brochures, advertising for national industry publications, logo design,
flyers, direct marketing collateral, newsletters, presentation folders, tradeshow booth graphics, third-party online banners,
e-mail campaigns, and landing pages.
• Actively involved in building brand value and consistency (14+ brands) – managed brand logo usage, digital asset
management, company-wide image purchases, and licensing of 1000+ images per year.
• Demonstrated ability to absorb new technology and adapt to changing environments.
• Able to comprehend, document and implement detailed project specifications.
Eaton Corporation (Powerware) Web Designer July 1998 to October 2004
• Created innovative designs for 12 global account Web sites, ensuring optimal end user experience.
• Facilitated internal communications by developing specific strategies such as surveys, to encourage active
participation before launching new procedures or creative ideas.
• Administration of security and passwords on multiple accounts as well as back end programming.
• Implemented department procedures and forms to systemize Web approval standards.
PrintRite Printing & Graphics Senior Designer, Project Manager 1993-1998
Imagesetters West Creative Design and Prepress Manager 1992-1993
PETCO Graphic Designer 2005
Education | Certifications _________________________________________________________
Bachelor of Arts Graphic Communications San Diego State University
Six Sigma Certified Yellow Belt
Kaizen Certified in basic knowledge
Continued Education and Seminars (600+ hours)
Adobe Creative Suite 4 • HTML (XHTML) Programming • Web Design • Creative Suite 4 Integration
Acrobat and Cross Platform Connectivity • Troubleshooting a Macintosh Computer • Web Design
Web site Performance and Optimization • Situational Self-Leadership
References available upon request