LARA DAVIS 566 Old Lyme Road
Laradavis445@sprintmail.com Canton, CT 07798
Innovative professional with a consistent record of top performance in sales, territory and account management.
Leadership / Managerial – Consistently selected to assume leadership roles District-wide. Proactively approach
account and business challenges, applying problem-solving skills, persistence, teamwork and resourcefulness to
achieve positive results. Experience includes managing sales professionals; resource to peers; consensus builder
Relationship Building / Influencing – Proven ability to quickly cultivate relationships with very difficult to access,
influential decision makers; impact and rapport developed with opinion leaders is “surpassed by none.”
Sales / Marketing / Business Development – Adept in developing and executing strategies that increase market
share and sales; identify and capitalize on growth opportunities through analysis, product expertise and sound
JOHNSON & JOHNSON, Fairfield, CT
Medical Sales Representative 1997-present
Territory & Account Management / Sales: Recruited to provide strategic planning and leadership direction to
the New England territory. Manage hospital/medical center accounts, including managed care. Create and
execute strategic sales plans for territory to market pharmaceutical products and influence prescribing habits.
• Took charge of territory without market presence, formulary acceptances nor established account
contacts/decision makers and delivered significant results in all quantifiable objectives.
• Achieved All-Star Ranking in 1999. Launched 3 new products and boosted share growth to rank #1
in nation for all 3 products.
Leadership / Administrative: As member of Steering Committee, advise management on plans and goals as
well as act as liaison between management and peers on other business matters. Assist District Manager with
District meeting planning and special projects. Produce monthly sales progress reports.
• First in the District to receive President’s Award for Excellence in teamwork and leadership.
• Provided training, development and supervisory direction to contract sales rep throughout 1999.
• Successful in building strong internal networks and facilitating involvement from multiple layers of
the sales force to achieve common business goals.
• Frequently invited to deliver presentations at district meetings on strategic planning, contracts,
working with managed care counterparts and other relevant topics.
Business & Relationship Development: Develop and manage key contacts within each account as well as
national opinion leaders.
• Delivered contracts for top 2 accounts with plans for business pull-through.
• Initiated and spearheaded the first successful Consulting Board Meeting, carefully selecting
attendees to ensure synergy. Resulted in formulary approval for a product that is now the “top
• Developed 3 opinion leaders for LEP/CME use. Discovered and developed a national level opinion
leader (Dr. James Sullivan), who presented at IMSCPO 2003 on company’s behalf.
GENTEC PHARMACEUTICALS, Trenton, NJ
Sales Representative 1992-1995
Developed and managed 100% commission-based territory with 63 active accounts in 13 cities and $300,000
inventory. Managed all aspects of the business, including analysis, strategic planning, and resource utilization.
Sold, installed and serviced capital surgical equipment (video systems and arthroscopic and laparoscopic
instruments) to hospitals. Provided daily training within highly demanding operating room environment to
surgeons and other hospital staff in new surgical equipment techniques/operations.
LARA DAVIS Page 2
GENTEC PHARMACEUTICALS continued…
• Consistently ranked among top 5 sales reps each year company-wide; drove territory sales 300%
($800,000 annually); ranked #2 in per capita market penetration.
• Triple award winner: #1 in achieving sales quota in arthroscopy line in 1994, #1 sales rep with best
customer service in 1993 and #3 in sales quota in all product lines in 1992 (all 3 awards won out of
101 total reps).
ALLMED, INC., Trenton, NJ
Sales Representative 1990-1991
Built and managed $650,000 New Jersey sales territory, calling on physicians and selling contact lens products.
Initiated and designed incentive programs and key account promotions that contributed to business growth.
Provided product training to in-office technicians.
• Expanded active accounts by 60%; achieved 131% of sales quota and highest multi-product sales
PHARMTEC, College Park, MD
Sales Representative 1988-1990
Achieved a successful track record as a top producer, marketing group health insurance to employers via
independent agents in the mid-Atlantic market. Managed and developed 100+ sales agents.
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, minor in Business
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 1988
Additional: Effective Negotiating Seminar – Karass
• Chaired Training, Service Project and Fundraising for several nonprofit organizations
• Appointed to the Executive Board of American Cancer Society