What is Mobile Marketing?
• Mobile Marketing involves communicating with the
consumer via cellular (or mobile) device, either to send a simple
marketing message, to introduce them to a new audience
participation-based campaign or to allow them to visit a mobile
• Mobile connectivity not only enables people to connect to the
Internet via a cellular telephone, PDA or other gadget, but also
consolidates the different communication channels in a
simple, yet effective, medium.
• Cheaper than traditional means for both the consumer and the
marketer - and easy enough for almost any age group to understand
and engage with - Mobile Marketing really is a streamlined
version of traditional eMarketing.
Tools of the Trade
Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS)
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD)
Bluetooth, Wireless and Infrared
Mobile Internet and Social Media
• The mobile phone is personal. • Few standards
• The mobile phone is always
carried. • Privacy and Permission
• The mobile phone is always on. • Questionable Navigation
• The mobile phone has a built-in • Education
• The mobile phone is available at
the point of creative inspiration.
• The mobile phone can provide
• The mobile phone captures the
social context of media
Brunch today! omelettes,
All T-shirts 40% “The Missing french toast, cappuccino,
off today only. Chapter,” the one my and did we mention…
Show this text publisher insisted I bottomless mimosas?
at counter hold back, is now
available. Text back
for Mobile link
Jason out sick –
Ladies Night – can anyone fill
Ladies drink in today 10-4p?
this text @bar
Don’t forget your
today at 10am with
Jane at HairNow. See