Linda E. Larsen
Loveland, CO 80538 firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: Administrator / Coordinator / Promotions / Event Planning
Strengths: 15+ years of diverse and outstanding Administrative / Coordinating / Events experience.
Track record of accomplishment, continually saving employers money and making a difference.
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing; strong interpersonal skills.
Organizational and coordinating skills; multi-tasking experience; meeting stringent deadlines.
Formal training in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, and Graphic Design.
Advanced-level computer skills: Mac and Windows Operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, Power Point, Outlook), Quark, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design,
Digital Imaging, html for website updates.
Bilingual (English and Spanish).
Areas of Skill and Experience
Administrative Skills Event Coordination Community Relations
Public Relations Planning Skills Grant Writing
2006 to Present Marketing & Community Relations Manager /Events Coordinator
LOVELAND REPORTER - HERALD
- Manage charitable donations.
- Negotiate all sponsorship contracts.
- Represent the newspaper at all public events and trade shows.
- Create and organize all contests, giveaways and newspaper public events.
- Work with all departments to provide marketing support.
- Order all promotional items.
- Analyze market trends, target industries/markets and characteristics, and competitive dynamics
to identify revenue growth opportunities, risks and strategic threats
Completed the rework of all billing documents for four (4) newspaper branches utilizing existing
databases, thereby saving the company $20,000/yr per division in mailing fees.
Organized a ground breaking and Grand Opening event for a new printing facility in Berthoud.
Currently organize annual summer public event, “Loveland Loves Barbecue” (30,000 attendees).
2004 to 2006 Travel Coordinator
PRIVATE ESCAPES DESTINATION CLUB
- Arranged all aspects of personal leisure travel, including flights, transportation, activities,
dinner reservations, theatre tickets, grocery delivery, spa appointments, private celebrity ski
pairing, back stage concert passes, and golf tee times.
Improved the quality of travel materials and itineraries.
Spearheaded a “paperless travel document campaign”.
Planned a local conference for out of state/international employees.
2003 to 2004 Administrative Assistant to the Director of Hotel Sales
FORT COLLINS MARRIOTT HOTEL
- Prepared daily reports for the Director of Sales.
- Monitored a website.
- Designed local advertising.
- Orchestrated a competitive intelligence campaign to identify potential business.
Designed an e-postcard project that generated sales leads and reduced postal costs.
Orchestrated “Chef’s Table” luncheons as a business draw.
Increased productivity through report compilation
Linda E. Larsen 2
1998 to 2003 Conference Services Coordinator
TOWN OF ESTES PARK
- Coordinated transportation, hotel bookings, entertainment, registration, catering, spousal tours,
welcome materials and merchant promotions for all visiting conferences to Estes Park.
Member of Colorado Festivals and Events Association, Coordinated the APWA Western Snow
and Ice Conference and served as Film Commission Coordinator for Estes Park.
1995 to 1997 Publicist & Large Events Coordinator
LARAMIE WYOMING CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Designed and produced all Chamber promotional materials, newspaper columns, press releases
and monthly newsletters.
- Planned and coordinated all large Chamber events.
Implemented a bulk mail program, thereby saving $5,000 yearly in postage.
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING, Laramie, Wyoming
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism Communications (emphasis in Marketing and Advertising)
DENVER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Denver Colorado
Associate of Applied Science in Computer Graphic Design
Board Member, Colorado Children’s Day
Board Member, Help Kids Succeed School Supply Drive
Board Member, Loveland Community Health Fair
Board Member, Valley 5000
Board Member, Thompson Valley Preschool
Member, Loveland Rotary.
Class Member - Leadership Loveland- Class of 2012
Ed Powers President and COO at Lifestyle Asset Group
Dave Gustufson Sales Director at Sof-Tech Maintenance
Glorie Magrum Executive Director of House of Neighborly Service – Loveland, CO