Maharashtra Pollution Control Board
Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB) is implementing various
environmental legislations in the Maharashtra, mainly including Water
(Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974, Air (Prevention and
Control of Pollution) Act, 1981, Water (Prevention and Control of
Pollution), Cess Act, 1977 and some of the provisions under Environmental
(Protection Act) 1986 and the rules framed there under like, Biomedical
Waste (M&H) Rules, 1998, Hazardous Waste (M&H) (Rules,
2000),amended Rules, 2003, Municipal Solid Waste (M & H) Rules, 2000
amended 2003 . MPCB is functioning under the administrative control of
Environment Department Govt. of Maharashtra. Some of the important
functions of MPCB are:
To plan comprehensive program for the prevention, control or abatement
of pollution and secure therefore.
To collect and disseminate information relating to pollution and the
prevention, control or abatement.
To inspect sewage or trade effluent treatment and disposal facilities, and
air pollution control system review plans, specification or any other data
relating to the treatment plants, disposal systems and a control systems in
connection with the consent granted.
Supporting and encouraging the developments in the fields of pollution
control, waste recycle reuse friendly practices etc.
To educate and guide the entrepreneurs in improving environment by
suggesting appropriate pollution technologies and techniques.
Creation of public awareness about the clean and healthy environment
and attending the public regarding pollution.
Constitution of MPCB
Maharashtra Pollution Control Board was established on 7th September, 1970
under the provisions of Maharashtra Prevention of Water Pollution Act,
1969. The Water (P&CP) Act, 1974, a central legislation was adopted by
Maharashra on 01.06.1981 and accordingly Maharashtra Pollution Control
Board was formed under the provision of section 4 of Water (P&CP) Act,
1974. The Air (P&CP) Act 1981 was by the state in 1983. Initially, some areas
were declared as Air Pollution Control Area on 02/05/1983. The entire state
of Maharashtra had been declared as Air Pollution Control Area since
06/11/1996. The Board is also functioning as the State Board under section 5
of the Air (P&CP) Act, 1981.
Present Constitution of Board
Mrs. Valasa R. Nair Singh, The Principal Secretary,
Chairman, Water Supply and Sanitation
M.P.C Board, Mumbai Department
Phone – 24020248 Government of Maharashtra
Fax - 24024068 5th Floor, Mantralalya
Mumbai – 400 032
Mrs. Valasa R. Nair Singh, Principal Secretary,
Secretary, Urban Development Department
Environment Department, Government of Maharashtra,
Government of Maharashtra, Room No – 423 (Main)
Mumbai - 400 032 Mumbai – 400 032
Phone – 22026767 Phone - 22021444
Fax - 22029388 Fax - 22854573
Principal Secretary, Principal Secretary
Home (Transport) Department, Public Health Department
Government of Maharashtra, Government of Maharashtra
Mumbai – 400 032 Room No – 108, Mantralaya
Phone - 22024009 Mumbai – 400 032
Fax - 22026070 Phone - 22873848
Fax - 22045150
Chief Executive Officer Member Secretary (Technical)
M.I.D.C, Mahakali Caves Road Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran
Andheri (E) Express Towers, 4th Floor,
Mumbai – 400 093 Nariman Point,
Phone - 22616547 Mumbai – 400 021
Fax - 28221587 Phone -
Shri. Radhyeshyam Moppalwaar,
M.P.C Board, Mumbai
Phone – 24010706
The broad functions of the Board are as below
a) Board issues Consents/Authorizations to industries, Local bodies and Health
Care Establishments putting certain conditions for prevention and control of
b) Board monitors water quality, Air quality, Noise levels (ambient & source)
c) Board initiates legal action for violation of environmental norms under
appropriate section of the environmental Legislation.
• To act, appear and plead on behalf of MPCB before various judicial/Quasijudicial
• Drafting of notices, affidavits, complaints, applications, written statements, petition
and other legal documents.
• To give legal opinion.
• Board Meeting and other committee Meetings.
• To Brief senior counsels in important matters.
• Provide assistance to technical officers while adducing evidence before courts.
• Examine establishment / service matters.
WPAE ( Water Pollution Abatement Engineer)Section:
• Consent/authorization/CREP management of industries in Agro based industries
• Co-Ordination of works in Mumbai region.
• Enforcement of Water Act and rules made there under.
• Development, implementation and views of water quality improvement action plan
an issued related to it.
• CETP, STP matters
• Assembly/parliament works.
APAE (Air Pollution Abatement Engineer) section: The work allocated to APAE
division is as under;
• Consent/authorization/ CREP management of industries in minerals and metals
industries section (PCI-2).
• Co-ordination of works of Nagpur and Chandrapur regions.
• Enforcement of Air Act and rules made thereunder and Noise rules.
• Development, implementation and reviews of air quality Improvement action plans
and issues related o it.
Assistant Secretary (Technical) / Regional Officer (P&P):
• Board committee meeting of Technical Branch (CAC/CC)
• Co-ordination and complaint redressal.
• Co-ordination of works of Amravati and Aurangabad regions.
• Consent management of all new industries (C TO E and first operate ) which
• Implementation of EIA notification of MOEF.
• Consent management of Building / Infrastructure Projects including C to E and C
• Consent and Authorizations under HW, HC, MSW, e-Waste, Plastic, Battery and
other regulations under EP Act, not specifically mentioned above.
• Co-ordination of Kalyan and Thane regions.
• Laboratory management.
• Co-ordination of Navi Mumbai and Raigad Region.
• Evaluate the proposals received from Regional Officers in respect of
• Zoning Atlas.
Zonal Officer (PAMS)
• PAMS division (OO E-6/2008 vide MPCB/PAMS/B-597 Dt. 25.01.2008)
• EIC division including computerization.
• Consent/authorization / CREP management of industries in chemicals and
Petrochemicals industries section (PCI-1)
• Critically polluted area action plan.
• Enforcements of BMW rules 1998.
• Co-Ordination of Pune, Kolhapur and Nashik Regions.
.Pollution Assessment, Monitoring and Surveillance ( PAMS) Section:
• Planning and co-ordination for water and Air quality monitoring programs.
• Environmental data compilation and dissemination through MPCB website and
• Coordinating Special surveys like noise monitoring and VOC monitoring etc.
Operation and calibration of Continuous air quality monitoring stations
Statistical Division –
1) Preparation of Quarterly Statistical report on performance of Regional
offices & Laboratories.
2) Preparation of annual report.
3) Preparation of performance budget.
4) Preparation of Statistical report
5) To compile information to support LAQ, & as required by various Govt.
6) Preparation of return under RTI ACT, updating information u/s 4 of the
RTI ACT & co-ordination.
7) Board Meetings (charge of Assistant Secretary).
Environment Information Centre (EIC) SECTION
The EIC is assigned the job of Website Management, Consent Management
1. Website Management: - MPCB’s Website is daily updated and maintained by EIC.
MPCB. Website's onsite maintenance and development of various Web based
software is taken care.
2. Consent Management: - All the Consent applications are inwarded at respective
Regional / Sub Regional Offices with the help of specially designed web based
software. EIC updates daily consent applications clearance from Member Secretary.
This facilitates easy web-based access to the detailed list of Consent granted, consent
pending and consent refusal displayed daily on MPCB' Website.
3. Computerization: - All sorts of Software management and LAN networking
implementation and maintenance is taken care by EIC.
• Overall administration of the Board. Application of recruitment rules,
Maharashtra Civil Service Rules. Transfers and Promotion of the Board
• Financial accounts, Budget, Cess assessment and collection, employee’s
salary and other related function.
2. The Powers and Duties of its Officers and Employees
The Board functions as per the Provisions of the Water (P&CP)Act, 1974 Air
(P&CP) Act, 1981, Water (P&CP) Cess Act 1977 & Rules under Environment
(Protections) Act, 1986.
In the Technical Division cases are, generally, processed at the Field Officer level
and the files are submitted to Sub Regional Officer/ Regional Officer / Abatement
Engineer / M.S Chairman as per the requirement of each case.
In the Law Division the cases are generally processed at the A.L.O and the files
are submitted to L.O/Sr.L.O./Member Secretary/Chairman, as per the requirement of
In Establishment and Accounts section cases are processed at the section level
and files are submitted to Asst. AO/AO/CAO/MS and Chairman as per the
requirement of each case.
In the Laboratory samples are analyzed by JSA/SSA/and the results are submitted
to SO/SSO and then to the concerned.
3. Delegation of Powers to Grant Consent
In order to bring simplification and speedy disposal of consent application, Board has
delegated powers to Officers, Member Secretary and Consent Appraisal Committee.
These have been enclosed in Annexure – I (A)
The Authorization in respect of Health care establishments having bed strength above 50
is dealt by HQ office and the Authorization having bed strength 50 and below is dealt by
respective Regional Offices.
Under the Noise Pollution (Regulation and Control ) Rules,2000 as amended in 2009
Member Secretary and any officer of Maharashtra Pollution Control Board not below the
rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police are declared as designated Authority.
4. Norms Set by Board For the Discharge of Its Functions:
Norms set for Consent Clearance is enclosed as Annexure – I(B)
Inspection / sampling norms for industries are as under
Sr.No. Type of Industry Category Sampling frequency
1 Large Red Monthly
2 Medium Red Monthly
3 Small Red Once in 6 months
4 Large Orange Once in 3 months
5 Medium Orange Once in 6 months
6 Small Orange Once in 1 a year
Norms for sample collection: 40 samples/Field officer/Month
5. Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Manuals and Records, Held by Board or under
its control or used by its employees for discharge of its Functions.
Presently, following Legislations / Regulations / Notifications are being applied by the
Maharashtra Pollution Control Board with functions (in some cases partly.). These are
1) Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974
2) Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Cess Act, 1977
3) Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981
4) Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 (Partly implemented)
5) Hazardous Waste ( Tran boundary Management and Transport ) Rules, 2008
6) Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules, 1989 (Partly
7) Manufacture, Storage, Import, Export and Storage of Hazardous
Microorganisms Genetically Engineered Organisms or Cells Rules, 1989 (Partly
8) Environmental Audit Report
9) Environment (Protection) Rules, 1986 (Partly implemented)
10) Environment Impact Assessment Notification dtd. 14/09/2006. (As amended
from time to time) (Partly implemented)
11) The Chemical Accidents (Emergency, Planning, Preparedness and Response)
Rules, 1996 (Partly implemented)
12) The Bio-Medical Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 1998 (Partly
13) The Recycled Plastics Manufacture and Usage Rules, 1999 and Maharashtra
Bio-Degradable Garbage (Control) Ordinance, 2006.
14) The Noise Pollution (Regulation and Control) Rules, 2000 (Partly
implemented) as amended in 2009
15) The Ozone Depleting Substances (Regulation) Rules, 2000
16) The Municipal Solid Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2000 (Partly
17) The Batteries (Management and Handling) Rules, 2001 (Partly implemented)
18) Maharashtra Contingencies expenditure Rules, 1965
19) Maharashtra Treasury Rules , 1968
20) Manual of financial powers 1978 (as amended from time to time)
21) Maharshtra civil service Rules, 1981
Under the provisions of Water and Air Acts, an entrepreneur running or
establishing any industry or process, a effluent / emitting pollutants into any water
resources or on land / air and polluting thereby the environment is required to
obtain consent, which needs to obtained in two phases;
• Consent to Establish: This consent is to be obtained prior to establishing any
industry or process.
• Consent to Operate: Once the industry or process plant is established along the
required pollution system, the entrepreneur is required to obtain consent to
operate the unit. This consent is given period, which needs to be renewed
The entrepreneurs need to pay the consent fees to the Board as per the statement given
below. The term of consent for Red, Orange and Green category industry is one, two
and three years respectively. The industries can also obtain the consent for extent 5
terms by paying proportionate fees.
The fees have been revised vide Government of Maharashtra, GR dt 8/6/04 and are as
Fees for combined consent for one term under Water and Air Acts:
Sr. Capital Investment of industry Consent to Establish Consent to Operate
No (including land, building,
machinery without depreciation)
1 More than Rs. 100 crores 0.01% of capital 0.01% of capital
2 Between Rs. 50 crs.to100 crs Rs. 75,000/- Rs. 75000/-
3 Between Rs. 10 crs. To 50 crs Rs. 50,000/- Rs. 50,000/-
4 Between Rs. 5 crs. To 10 crs Rs. 20,000/- 20,000/-
5 Between Rs. 1 crs. To 5 crs Rs. 10,000/- 10,000/-
6 Between Rs. 60 lacs. To 1 crs Rs. 3,000/- 3,000/-
7 Between Rs. 10 lacs. To 60 lacs Rs. 1,500/- 1,500/-
8 Below Rs. 1o lacs. Rs. 500/- Rs. 500/-
These fees are payable in the from of Demand Draft on any Nationalized Bank at the
Respective Sub-Regional or Regional Office or at Head office along with completely
filled prescribed application forms.
Fees for Authorization under
Bio-Medical Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 1998
As per Environment Department Government of Maharashtra Government Resolution No.
a) Bed Capacity Fees to be paid (p.a)
Between 01—05 No fees
Between 06-25 Rs.1,250/-
Between 26—50 Rs.2,500/-
Between2 01—05 Rs.10,000/-
Above 501 Rs.15,000/-
b) Treatment Facility provider for bio-medical waste Rs.10,000/-per year
c) Transporter of Bio-Medical waste Rs.07,500/- per years
d) All other bio-medical waste generating and handling Rs.02,500/-per year
agencies (Except a,b,c above)
These fees are payable in the form of Demand Draft
on Nationalized Bank at the Respective Sub-Regional
office or at Head Quarter along with completely filled
prescribed application forms.
6. Statement of the Categories of Documents that are held by Board or under
1) Consent applications received in Board. These files are kept for one year from
validity of consent and are available for view after the date of decision in Matter.
2) The order files including directions are returned to concerned Regional Office.
3) Pending High Court petition files, pending Supreme Court petition files,
pending appeal u. Water, Air and Environment files, pending appeals u RTI
Rules, 05; Judgments and orders in respect of disposed off cases from the High
Courts and Supreme Court for last 3 years from the date of decision in the
matter, available with the legal department. The judgments and orders of Lower
Courts in respect of cases filed by the Regional Officers and Sub –Regional
Officers will be available with the respective Regional Officers and Sub-Regional
Officers for last 3 years from the date of decision in the matter, Minutes of the
Board Meeting for last 3 years. Besides that some of the files regarding the
matters pertaining to Head Quarter legal issues including pending matters
before various Forums like Appellate Authorities under Environmental Laws,
State Consumer Forum, Labour Court, State Information Commission, Human
Rights Commission, High Court and Supreme Court matters of the Board may
be available provided those cases are referred to the legal department.
The matter related to regulations of following Acts and Rules
1) Water (P&CP) Act, 1974, Air (P&CP) Act, 1981.
2) H.W (TM & T) Rules,2008
3) MSW (M&H) Rules, 2000.
4) BMB (M&H) Rules, 1998 as amended.
5) Maharshtra non-biodegradable Garbage (Control) Act, 2006.
6) Maharashtra Plastic Carry Bags (Manufacture and Usage), Rules, 2006.
7) The Noise pollution (Regulation & Control) Rules 2000, amendment in 2009
8) Lead Acid Battery (M&H) Rules, 2001.
9) The copies of above acts.
10) Statistical Reports, Annual Reports and Performance Budget.
7. Particulars of Any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or
Representation by the members of the Public in Relation to the Formulation of
Board’s Policy or implementation There of; and Statement of the Boards,
Councils, Committees and other Bodies Consisting of two or more persons
constituted as Board’s part or for the Purpose of its advice.
The Board holds consultation with experts in the field of environment,
NGO’s, institutions on important environment related issues. The Board also
holds public Hearings for environmental Clearances of the projects. Members
of the public have free access for filing complaints in respect of pollution. For
this purpose a separate complaint grievance and redressal section is established
in the Board.
8. Statement of the Committee etc.
With a view to have smooth functioning of the Board as provided under
section 9 of the water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act 1974 and section 11
of the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act 1981 the Board has constituted
various committees for efficient and effective implementation of the Acts and Rules.
During the year under report, the following committees constituted to conduct
1 Committee for Computerization of the Board’s Activities
2 Experts Group for E-Waste Management
3 Consents Appraisal Committee
9. Directory of Board’s Officers and Employees:
Enclosed as Annexure – II
10. Monthly Remuneration received by each of its Officers and Employees,
including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations:
Enclosed as Annexure – III
11. The Budget allocated to Board for the financial year 2010-2011
Enclosed as Annexure –IV
12. The Manner of execution of subsidy programmers, including the amounts
allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such:
There is no set programme for subsidy. Generally 5% of the total
project cost is given by the Board as subsidy. Beneficiaries include industries,
hospitals, Local bodies, NGOs and Academic institutions.
13. Particulars of Concession, Permits or authorizations granted by it:
Industries, Hospitals and local bodies are required to obtained
consent/authorization as provided under the Acts/Rules
14. Details in respect of the information, available to or held by Board Reduced
in an electronic form:
• Consent issued month wise.
• Daily status of consent application.
• Legislation / Notifications
• Treaties / Conventions / Declarations
• Compiled Rules
• CRZ Notification
• EIA Notification
• Construction of second liquid chemical / specialized grades of POL product
berth off Pirpau by M/s Mumbai Port Trust
• Gazette issued by Government of Maharashtra
• Gazette issued by Urban Development and Public Health Department
• Government of Maharashtra regarding Reconstitution of Board actions
• Maharashtra Prevention of Water Pollution Board
• Implementation of Water (P&CP) Act, 1974 and Air (P&CP) Act, 1981
• Implementation of Hazardous Waste (T M &T) Rule, 2008
• Lower Court Matters.
• Information in respect of Abattoirs / Slaughter Houses
• Important Judicial Decisions
• Other Important Judicial Decisions (MPCB is not a Party)
• Appeals Under Environmental Law
• Legal action status year 2007 ( as on 30 June, 2007)
• Authorized registered transporters of HW
• Authorized/registered recycler, preprocessors of HW
• Details of CHWTSDF
• Details of common bio-medical incineration facilities etc.
• Inventory of HW generating units
• Online filing of returns
• Consents/NOC/Authorization granted to industries
• Guidelines for HW transportation, incineration
• Action taken report
• Water Quality data, Air Quality data, statistical information & Annual reports
15. Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information,
including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for
The Board has its 12 Regional Offices and 44 Sub Regional Offices and
7 Laboratories established across the State. (Please refer Annexure-II)
16. The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information
Enclosed as Annexure - V
Delegations of Powers to Grant Consent:
In order to bring simplification and speedy disposal of consent applications, Board has delegated
powers to Board Offices, Member Secretary and Consent Appraisal Committee.
Consent and Projects such
authorization to as townships,
Urban Local IT Parks, SEZ,
Orange Green Bodies including Highways
Sr.No. Authority Red Category
Category Category cantonment irrigation
Boards and other Projects,
planning Building and
1 SRO - - Up to 50 cr - -
Up to Rs. 05 Cr B & C - Class
Excluding Up to Rs.50 Up to Rs.100 Municipal Councils
2 RO Up to Rs.20 Cr
industries listed Cr Cr and cantonment
in annexure A Boards
Above Rs.05 Above Rs. 50 Above Rs. Above Rs.20
3 HOD Crs upto Rs.10 Crs upto 100 Crs upto - Crs upto Rs.50
Crs Rs.100 Crs Rs.500 Crs Crs
Above Rs.10 Above Rs.100 A-Class Municipal Above Rs.50
4 MS Crs upto Rs.25 Crs upto Councils, other Crs. upto Rs.100
Crs Rs.200Crs planning authorities Crs
Above Rs.25 Above Rs.200 Above Rs.100
Committee Rs.1000 Crs
5 Crs upto Rs.50 Crs upto - Crs upto Rs.200
under Chairman upto Rs.1500
Crs Rs.300Crs Crs
ship of MS Crs
Above Rs.50 Above Rs.300 Above Rs.200
6 Chairman Crs upto Rs.100 Crs upto - Crs upto Rs.500
Crs Rs.500 Crs Crs
More than Rs More than Rs. More than All Municipal More than
100 Cr 500 Cr Rs. 2000 Cr Corporations Rs.500 cr
• Where Stringent legal action like prosecution /Final Closure direction have been given in the past one year,
the cases of grant of renewal will be referred to next higher authority for all category of industry for grant or
refusal of Consent.
• All figures mentioned above are pertaining to Capital investment. The capital investment including land,
building, plant and machinery, without depreciation shall be considered as per C.A. Certificate/Annual report.
• the applications under the delegated power of RO should be processed by respective are SRO and
submitted to RO for decision. similarly, the applications under the preview of SRO delegated powers shall be
processed by FO.
• The cases involved in any court case, in ecological fragile areas like Dahanu, Matheran, Mahabaleshwar,
Panchgani, Murud Jangira etc; RRZ; Bhatsa area; cases of Registration of recyclers & reprocessors be
dealth with approval of Member Secretary.
LIST INDUSTRIES EXCLUDED FROM DELEGATION OF CONSENT AND AUTHORIZATION MANAGEMENT TO
o Consent to establish and consent to first operate for all projects requiring Environmental
Clearances from GOI or GoM.
o All applications in RRZ, CRZ or other restricted areas or EC category where expansion, change in
product, process etc is sought on the grounds that the overall pollution load is reduced or not
o Thermal power plant
o Sponge iron plants
o Fertilizer excluding organic bio fertilizer and formulations.
o Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP) / Common Hazardous Waste Treatment Storage
Disposal Facility (CHWTSDF)/Common Bio Medical Waste Treatment Storage Disposal Facility
(CBMWTSDF)/ Common MSW TSD Facility
o Industries having Electroplating, Electrical arc, induction, cupola and blast furnances
o Distillery (molasses based)
o Coke oven
o Bulk drug
o Pesticide Technical
o Dye and dye intermediate
o Pigment and paint manufacturing
o Petrochemical Refinery and petrochemicals
Consent under Water & Air Act
Sr. Concern Remarks
Time to complete
No Details Officer &
1. Applications for consent
under Water, Air &
Days 11:00 A.M. to Sub-Regional
Hazardous Waste will
1:00 P.M. & 2:00 Officers Office
be available on Rs.50/-
P.M. to 4:00 P.M. Application
in Sub-Regional Offices
2. Acceptance of Sub-Regional also
application & Receipt Officers Office available in
3. Time to Communicate Regional
Sub-Regional Office &
the discrepancies to Three days
Officers Office Head
4. Time for Verification of Field Officer
site & other Technical Of Concern
details after Completion Sub-Regional
of discrepancies Office
Time for Grant of Consent after verification (Based on Capital Investment)
Three days (After
a completion of Sub-Regional
Descripancies & Officer
b Green Consent- Investment
Rs.3 Crores Six days
Rs.3 Crores to 10 Regional
* One & Half Month
Rs.10 Crores to 500 Secretary,
* Two Months
Above Rs.500 Crores Committee
c Orange Consent-Investment
* One Month
Regional of minutes
Upto Rs.5 Crores * One & Half Month
Officer of Consent
Rs.5 Crores to 100 Secretary,
* Two Months
* One Month After * Consent
receipt of minutes Appraisal
Above Rs.100 Crores of Consent Committee
d Red Consent-Investment
Upto Rs.15 Crores * Two Months
Above Rs.15 Crores Committee
After application received to Office
Note- Above time limit is valid for complete applications without discrepancies
Secretary (Env.) GOM & Shri Valsa R. Nair Singh , 22873845
Chairman IAS 22813947-Fax
P.S. to Chairman S.M. Waghulikar 347 24020284
Member Secretary Mopalwaar , IAS 302 / 348 24010706
P.A. to MS. Mrs. Lidwin Pais 344 24010706
P.S.O. Dr.A.R.Supate 306 24012659
Sci.Offr. A.V. Mandavkar, JSO 316
W.P.A.E. A. D. Saraf 303 24024022
S.R.O. S.Bhosle 307
APAE V.M. Motghare 304 24010682
Kum. Viju Sirsat , FO 313
Zonal officer (PAMS) Dr.A.A.Deshpande 305 24044533
N Toke I/C SRO 318
A. V. Rathod, F O 336
R.O.(H.Q.) Dr.Y.B. Sontakke 309 24044532
Sharad Pawar, FO 321
P.R.O. Sanjay Bhuskute 311
S.O. S.C. Kollur 312
J.S.A. Salil Save 318
S.L.O.(P&L-I) D.T. Devale 201 24044531
L.O. H.L. Bhure 203
A.L.O. Sadhale/Chaphekar 224
C.A.O. K.T.Shinde 204 24040612
A.A.O. Mrs. Bhorade 213
A.A.O. V.H. Chavan 222
A.S.I/C A.A.Mokashi 211
Sr.A.O. S.R. Banate 210 24092006
O.S. Mrs. Rne 230
A.O. Ms.S.K.Sawe 403
Head Acctt. Mrs. Narvekar 407
Head Acctt. Sarita Deshmukh 424
Exe.Engr. B.R. Jagtap 410
S.S. Lembe 405
Tele Optr. Amruta 90 / 350
Statistical Officer A.A. Mokashi 308
Asstt. Systems Officer Dinesh Sonavane 418
Head-Zoning Atlas / SSO T.V. Gude, SSO 67195001
I/c. Central Lab., Mahape
Regional Lab - Pune R.B.Sorte, SO (9520) 25811698
Regional Lab-Nagpur B.S. Fule, SO (0712) 2530308
Regional Lab - A'bad V.R. Thakur, SO (0240) 2473463
Regional Lab - Thane Mrs. Pillai , SO 25829582
Regional Lab-Chiplun Kolhe SO (02355) 261970
Regional Lab - Nashik Bhosle (95253) 2563248
Regional / Sub-Regional Offices
I/c. RO Mumbai B. D. Wadde 22640346
SRO Mumbai (I) A.F. Deshmane
SRO Mumbai (II) A.N. Harshwardhan
SRO Mumbai(III) B. D. Wadde
SRO Mumbai(IV) S. Said
RO Thane D. M. Chaukhande 25802272
SRO Thane (I) N.N.Gurav 25829582
SRO Thane (II) S. Waghmare
SRO Tarapur (I) S. S. Kotwal 952525-261581/ 277515
SRO Tarapur (II) D.B.Patil
RO Navi Mumbai B.R. Nimbarte 27572739 / 1127
SRO Navi Mumbai (I) V. B. Kshirsagar 27572740
27572740 / 1127
SRO Navi Mumbai (II) J.B. Sangewar (F)
SRO Taloja S.A. Deshpande
RO Kalyan S.K.More 95251-2310167 / 212 / 196
SRO Kalyan (I) 95251-2310212
SRO Kalyan (II) V. N. Patil
SRO Kalyan (III) S.R. Deshmukh
RO Raigad S.S. Doke 27562132 (Telefax)
SRO Raigad (I) M. Lad 27576034
SRO Raigad (II) B. Aradwad 27572620
SRO Mahad 952145-232372
RO Kolhapur P K Mirashe I/C 95231-2652952
SRO Kolhapur 95231-2652952
SRO Ratnagiri 952352-220813
SRO Sangli P.P. Dhaygude 95233-2672032
SRO Chiplun Kude 952355-261570
I/c. RO Amravati P.D.Kame 95721-2662965
I/c. SRO Amravati (I) 95721-2662964
SRO Amravati (II) B.j.Kale 95721-2666977
SRO Akola 952724-2452344 / 2459992
I/c RO Nashik . A.V.Fulse 95253-2365150 (Telefax)
SRO Nashik J. H. Patil 95253-2365161
SRO Ahmednagar D.K.Khedkar 95241-2470852
SRO Jalgaon (I) A Kare 95257-2221288 / 2210408
SRO Jalgaon (II) Rajput 95257-2221288
RO Pune P. K. Mirashe 9520-25811627
SRO Pune-I Shirure 9520-25816451
SRO Pune-II Shivangi 9520-25816451
SRO Pimpri-Chinchwad P. B. Barbole 9520-25816451
SRO Satara N.B. Chaudhari 952162-220888
SRO Solapur V. K. Kadale 95217-2319850
RO Nagpur Shri Phulmali 95712-2565308
SRO Bhandara U B Bhadule 95712-2560139 / 52
SRO Nagpur (II) S.S. Gadhave 95712-2560139
I/c. SRO Nagpur(I) R.U.Patil 957184-260629
RO Chandrapur Shri Phulmali I/C 957172-251965
SRO Chandrapur Pravin Joshi
RO Aurangabad Mohekar 95240-2473461
SRO Aurangabad Biradar
SRO A'bad (I) 95240-2473461 / 62
SRO A'bad (II) 95240-2473461 / 62
SRO Latur 952382-252672
I/c.SRO Parbhani M D Deshmukh 952452-226687
SRO Nanded R.B.Andhale 952462-242492
Sr.No Designation Scale of Pay Rs.
1 Chairman *16,400-450-20000
2 Member Secretary 15600-400-39100
3 Water Pollution 12,000-375-16,500
4 Air Pollution Abatement 12,000-375-16,500
5 Principal Scientific 12,000-375-16,500
6 Chief Accounts Officer 12,000-375-16,500
7 Regional Officer 10,000-375-15,200
8 Law Officer 10,000-375-15,200
9 Sr. Scientific Officer 10,000-375-15,200
10 Sub-Regional Officer 8,000-275-13,500
11 Statistical Officer 7,450-225-11,500
12 Administrative Officer 7,450-225-11,500
13 Assistant Secretary 7,450-225-11,500
14 Scientific Officer 7,450-225-11,500
15 Accounts Officer 7,450-225-11,500
16 Jr. Scientific Officer 6,500-200-10,500
17 Assistant Accounts 6,500-200-10,500
18 Asst. Law Officer 6,500-200-10,500
19 Dy. Engineer 6,500-200-10,500
20 Sr. Stenographer 6,500-200-10,500
21 Jr. Stenographer 5,500-175-9,000
22 Field Officer 5,500-175-9,000
23 Head Accountant 5,500-175-9,000
24 Jr. Scientific Assistant 5,000-150-8,000
25 Legal Assistant 5,500-175-9,000
26 Draughstsman 4,500-125-7,000
27 Fist Clerk 5,000-150-8,000
28 Field Inspector 4,500-125-7,000
29 Store Keeper 4,500-125-7,000
30 Statistical Assistant 5,000-150-7,000
31 Sr. Clerk 4,000-100-6,000
32 Assistant Draughtsman 4,000-100-6,000
33 Field Assistant 3,200-85-4,900
34 Tracer 3,200-85-4,900
35 Lab. Asst. 3,200-85-4,900
36 Cashier 3,050-75-3950-80-4590
37 Jr. Clerk/Cum-Typist 3,050-75-3950-80-4590
38 Driver 3,050-75-3950-80-4590
39 Electrician 3,050-75-3950-80-4590
40 Store Clerk 3,050-75-3950-80-4590
41 Instruments Fiter 3,050-75-3950-80-4590
42 Daftari 3,050-75-3950-80-4590
43 Sweeper 2,550-55-2,660-60-3,200
44 Chowkidar 2,550-55-2,660-60-3,200
45 Peon 2,550-55-2,660-60-3,200
46 Naik 2,610-60-2,910-65-3,300-70-4,000
47 Roneo Operator 2,610-60-2,910-65-3,300-70-4,000
Annexure - IV
Budget Estimate For 2010-2011
Major Head : 3435 - Ecology & Environment Summery
(Figures in Lacs)
Sr.No Particulars Proposed expenditure Proposed (-) Saving Remarks
receipt (+) Exvess
Capital Exp. Revenue Exp. On Total
Exp. other project
1 2 3 4 5 3 + 4+5 7 8=(6-7) 9
1 Water 0.00 5106.00 0.00 5106.00 3941.00 1165.00 Proposed to
Pollution Non make
2 Watter 0.00 51.00 0.00 51.00 0.00 51.00 Proposed to
3 Air Pollution 0.00 356.00 0.00 356.00 2110.00 ( -) Rs.1754.00
Non Plan 1754.00
4 Cess 0.00 3440.00 0.00 3440.00 2325.00 1115.00
Total 0.00 8953.00 0.00 8953.00 8376.00 577.00
Technical Jurisdiction Information Appellate Officer
Head Office, Kalyan/ Navi Shri.S.C.Kolur Shri. A.R.Supate
Mumbai Mumbai/ Raigad/ JSO PSO
Pune/ Kolhapur/ Miss Viju
Head Office, Shri.Sanjay Shri.V.M.Motghare,
Aurangabad/ Nagpur/ Shirsath
Mumbai Bhosale A.P.A.E.
Amravati/Chandrapur Field Officer
All Regional Offices,
Sub Regional Smt. Vaishali
Head Office, Shri. H.L. Bhure, Shri. D. T. Devale,
Offices, Central & Sadhale, Asst.
Mumbai Law Officer Sr. Law Officer
Regional Laboratory Law Officer
Information Assistant Information
Name of Office Jurisdiction Appellate Officer
RegionalOffice, Regional Office, Shri.Anant Shri N.N.Lomate Shri.
Mumbai Mumbai, SRO Harshavardhan, Field Officer B.D.Wadde,
Mumbai 1 Sub Regional I/c Regional
,2,3&4, Officer-Mumbai - Officer
Regional Regional Office, Shri Shri Gajanan Pwar Shri Bharat
Office, Navi Mumbai - J.B.Sangewar Sub Field Officer Nimbarte,
1,2 Sub Regional Regional officer
Navi Mumbai Office - Taloja Regional Officer
Regional Regional Office, Shri B G Shri Manohar Wakale Shri S.S.Doke
Office, Raigad Raigad , Sub Aradwad, Sub Regional Officer
Regional Office- Regional Officer Field Officer
Raigad - 1 & 2
Regional Regional Office, Shri.N.N Gurav. Shri Nitin Wagh Shri
Office, Thane Thane, R.Lab Sub Regioan D.M.Chaukhande
Thane, SRO Officer ,Field Officer Regional Officer
Thane 1 & 2
Regional Regional Officer, Shri V.V.Shinde Shri Upendra Kulkarni Shri S.K.More
Office, Kalyan Kalyan, SRO Sub-Regional Regional Officer
Kalyan 1 & 2 & Officer Field Officer
Regional Regional Office Shri. Shri Sanjay More Shri. P. K.
Office, Pune Pune, R.Lab N.H.Shivangi Field Officer Mirashe,
Pune SRO Pune Sub-Regional Regional Officer
1 & 2, SRO Officer
Regional Regional Office, Shri J.H.Patil ShriP.N.Dhumal, Shri A.S.Fulse
Office, Nasik Nasik, R.Lab Sub-Regional Field Officer I/c Regional
Nasik , SRO Officer Officer
Regional Regional Office, Shri.Raju Vasav Shri.S.M.Kurmude Shri
Office, Aurangabad, Sub Regional Field Officer A.N.Mahakar
Aurangabad R.Lab Officer Regional Officer
Aurangabad 1 &
Regional Regional Office, Shri.A.Durgule Shri Pramod Mane Shri
Office, Kolhapur, SRO Sub-Regional P.K.Mirashe,
Kolhapur kolhapur Officer Field Officer I/c Regional
Regional Regional Office, Shri B.J.Kale Miss Shital Bijave, Shri P.D.Kame
Office, Amravati, Sub Sub-Regional
Amravati Regional Office, Officer Field Officer I/c Regional
Amravati 1& 2 Officer
Regional Regional Officer, Shri R.U.Patil, Shri A.P.Satphale, Shri A.T.Fulmali,
Office, Nagpur Nagpur, R.Lab Sub-Regional Field Officer I/c Regional
Nagpur, SRO Officer Officer
Nagpur 1& 2
Regional Regional Office, Shri. P.M.Joshi Shri. Shri A.T.Fulmali,
Office, R Lab Sub Field Officer M.D.Bhivapurkar, I/c Regional
Chandrapur Chandrapur, Officer
SRO Field Officer
Central Central Shri. A.S.Kingani Shri Shri T.V.Gude
Laboratory, Laboratory K.V.Gavhankar,Senior SSO
Mhape Senior Scientific Scientic Officer
Sub Regional Sub-Regional Shri J.S.Solunkhe Shri K.B.Patil Shri S.S.Doke
Office, Mahad Officer, Mahad Sub Regional Regional Officer
Officer Field Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional Shri D.B.Patil, Shri M.G.Igave, Field Shri
Office, Tarapur Office, Tarapur 1 Sub Regional Officer D.M.Chaukhande
Sub Regional Sub Regional Shri H.D.Gandhe, Shri.P.K.Mirashe
Office, Office, Ratnagiri I/c Sub Regional Regional Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional ShriA.J.Kude Shri Jayprakash Shri.P.K.Mirashe
Office, Chiplun Office, Chiplun Sub Regional Bhusar Regional Officer
Officer Field Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional ShriB.M.Kukade, Shri Deepak Bansod, Shri.P.K.Mirashe
Office, Sangali Office, Sangali Sub Regional Field Officer Regional Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional Shri Shri S.H.Padwal Shri. P. K.
Office, Satara Office, Satara N.B.Chowdhari, Field Officer Mirashe,
Sub Regional Regional Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional Shri V.K Kardle. Shri C.Shinde, Field Shri. P. K.
Office, Solapur Office, Solapur - Sub Regional Officer Mirashe,
Officer Regional Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional ShriS.D.Patil Shri N.D.Chaudhari Shri. P.D.Kame
Office, Akola Office, Akola Field Officer I/c Regional
Sub Regional Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional Shri R.B.Andhle, Shri L.S.Bhad Shri.
Office, Nanded Office, Nanded Sub Regional Field Officer A.D.Mohekar
Officer Regional Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional Shri V.P.Shelake, Shrimati Suvarna Shri.
Office, Latur Office, Latur Sub Regional Gaikwad A.D.Mohekar
Officer Field Officer Regional Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional Shri.D.K.Khedkar Shri Surykant Shinde Shri.A.S.Fulse
Office, Office, Sub-Regional Field Officer I/c Regional
Ahmednagar Ahmednagar Officer Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional Shri R.A.Rajput Shri Ishwar Thakre Shri. A.S.Fulse
Office, Jalgaon Office, Jalgaon Sub-Regional Field Officer I/c Regional
1/2 1/2 Officer Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional Mrs. Hema Shri .J.H.Purate, Shri A.T.Fulmali,
Office, Office, Deshpande I/c Store Clerk I/c Regonal
Bhandara Bhandara- Sub-Regional Officer
Sub Regional Sub Regional Shri. M.D. Shri. V.D.Shukla Shri.
Office, Office, Parbhani Deshmukha Sub Field Officer A.D.Mohekar,
Parbhani Regional Officer Regional Officer