Docstoc

Port Macquarie-Hastings Busines - PDF

Document Sample
Port Macquarie-Hastings Busines - PDF Powered By Docstoc
					                            PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL




Ordinary Council Meeting
Meeting Date: 27/08/2008 - Ordinary Council Meeting
MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 27/08/08.
PRESENT
Dick Persson AM (Administrator)
Andrew Roach (General Manager)
Jeffery Sharp (Acting Director of Water & Natural Resources)
Steve Finlay (Director of Infrastructure Services and Acting Director of Development &
Environment Services)
Craig Swift-McNair (Acting Director of Corporate & Business Services and Acting Director of
Community Development)
Neil Porter (Manager Governance & Executive Services)
Terry Sara (Communications Manager)
Bronwyn Lyon (Minute Clerk)
Linda Hall (Acting Manager Tourism)
Cliff Toms (Technical Services Manager)


ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING


01   WELCOME TO COUNTRY
The Administrator opened the meeting at 5.33pm and invited Angela Roberts to delivery the
Welcome to Country.

Angela Roberts, a member of the Board of Directors of the Bunyah Land Council, delivered
the Welcome to Country.


02   LOCAL GOVERNMENT PRAYER
Pastor Carl Moses, Coastside Church of Christ, delivered the Local Government Prayer.


03   CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
ADOPTED:

That the Minutes of the Ordinary Council Meeting held on 23 July 2008 and Minutes of the
Extra-Ordinary Council Meeting held on 13 August 2008 be confirmed.


04   DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
There were no disclosures of interest.



The Administrator introduced and welcomed Andrew Roach, Council's new General
Manager, to the meeting.


05   PUBLIC FORUM
The Administrator advised of applications to address the Public Forum from:



                                          PAGE 1
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL



1. Diane Gilbert, Wauchope Community Heated Indoor Pool Committee, regarding the
proposal for a heated indoor pool.

Mrs Gilbert outlined the long and successful history of the pool and the impact the pool has
played in the social life of the Wauchope community.

This important role is somewhat limited by the seasons and local people including children
have to travel to the Port Macquarie Heated Pool over the autumn and winter months. Mrs
Gilbert added that a number of sporting groups including masters swimmers, triathletes,
competition swimmers, surf club swimmers, rugby league and soccer players who rely on
the pool for recovery sessions, all have to travel to Port Macquarie during these months.

Mrs Gilbert explained that a heated pool at Wauchope would greatly improve the quality of
life for rehabilitation patients as there is no pool at the Wauchope Hospital.

Mrs Gilbert outlined the Committee's proposal for a 25m indoor heated pool and advised that
the local committee has adopted the Kendall self-help model. Mrs Gilbert explained that
there are a number of community groups ready to support the Committee in its endeavours
and that she was seeking "in principle" support from Council to enable the Committee to go
to the next step of preparing a development application. Mrs Gilbert also sought the
assistance from Council in applying for government grants and other funding sources.

In response, the Administrator advised that he had asked Council's Director of Infrastructure
Services to prepare a report on this matter. Once the report is presented to Council it will be
placed on public exhibition and the community will be invited to comment on the matters
contained in the report.

2. George Payne regarding re-establishment of the Access Committee.

Mr Payne expressed his concern at the fact that there has been no Access Committee
Meetings held since November 2007. He further advised that the Access Committee would
normally receive development applications to comment upon and whilst the Access
Committee was no longer meeting he was concerned that some development applications
were not receiving the close attention that the Access Committee would normally give. He
advised that development applications had been lodged for works at Timbertown and there
had been alterations to Lasiandra Park and the Access Committee had no input to those
works.

Mr Payne advised that local people had been informing him of trips and falls and that the
state of the roads and footpaths in Wauchope were poor and required remedial works.

In conclusion, Mr Payne asked that the Access Sub-Committee be reinstated as soon as
possible so that they can continue their valuable work for Council.

In response the Administrator advised that he would investigate the reasons for the Access
Committee going into recess and he would advise Mr Payne of the results of that
investigation.

3. Fay Shirtliff regarding public liability insurance for Wauchope Senior Citizens Hall.

Mrs Shirtliff addressed Council in relation to the two problems experienced by the Hall
Committee in obtaining insurance and arranging for casual bookings of the hall. Mrs Shirtliff
explained that celebrations such as 21st birthdays, anniversaries and other one off bookings
have to obtain their own insurance prior to using the hall and this is a turn-off for many
intending users.


                                            PAGE 2
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL




Mrs Shirtliff also explained that the Senior Citizens Committee had taken on the
management of the hall following a request from Council but explained that the Committee is
not a Section 355 Committee of the Council.

The Administrator advised that he would make arrangements for a Council staff member to
talk to Mrs Shirtliff about these problems and would work together to find a solution.

4. Kim McGrath regarding King Creek Signage and Caravan Parking.

Mr McGrath spoke about lack of locality signage for King Creek and advised that he had
spoken to a Council employee, Karen Thompson, and provided advice in relation to the
need for the signage as well as some examples and costings for signage.

Mr McGrath then spoke in relation to a caravan park - farm stay in the King Creek area that
he been receiving consideration from Council for the past eleven years. He advised that he
did not know where Council's approval process was at this time in relation to the operation of
the caravan park and indicated that the goal posts had changed several times and local
community members were not aware of the current situation. Mr McGrath said he had seen
advertisements in local papers advertising the farm stays and enquired whether these were
in line with Council approval. He advised that he was leaving this matter as a question for
Council.

The third matter raised by Mr McGrath related to the lack of information regarding
development approvals and advised that some time ago, Council had stopped advertising
approvals in the local newspaper. He requested that Council return to the advertising of
development approvals in the Hastings Gazette and sought the Administrator's support on
this matter.

5. Geoffrey Stallebrass regarding Effecting Fundraising Abilities and public safety.

Mr Stallebrass expressed his concerns for the users of the skate park after the bypass was
installed. He also sought Council's support for the reinstatement of the Apex Club's annual
Christmas Carnival to Andrews Park. Mr Stallebrass explained that Council had withdrawn
permission for the Club to use Andrews Park and for the past three years the carnival has
been held adjacent to the Hastings Hotel and Bain Park. Both of these venues have proven
to be unsuitable and Bain Park is not capable of handling the full carnival. The success of
the carnival is contingent on the providers of the amusements donating funds back to Apex.
Mr Stallebrass advised that the reason for moving from Andrews Park related to drainage
issues and interference with water sprinklers however his Club would welcome the
opportunity to return to Andrews Park if these matters could be resolved.

The Administrator advised that he would take the information provided by Mr Stallebrass on
notice and he would provide a response to Mr Stallebrass as soon as possible.

Mr Stallebrass then referred to signage that had been removed from the Oxley Highway by
either Council or the RTA. He advised that these signs were critical to the success of the
local service clubs such as Apex, Lions and Rotary and explained that all rural towns in
NSW displayed these signs at the entrances to their towns. He sought the Administrator's
support in having these signs returned.

Mr Stallebrass then raised the issue of Apex's involvement in the annual town clean-up and
referred to the local club collecting rubbish from people who could not afford to do this on
their own.



                                           PAGE 3
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL



In response, Council's General Manager, advised that the service clubs used to get involved
in these annual clean-ups many years ago but Council now provides this service and it
appears to be working very successfully.

6. Donna Lloyd, Long Flat Tennis Club regarding Maintenance of Long Flat Tennis Courts.

Ms Lloyd spoke on the urgent need for maintenance of the local tennis courts at Long Flat .
Mr Lloyd explained that the decline of the two clay based courts had been happening over
the past few years and to her knowledge the last top dressing received by the courts was
back in 1996/97. At that time, these works had been jointly funded by the Department of
Sport & Recreation and Council.

Ms Lloyd explained that the court curator had struggled over the past few years to provide a
safe and playable court surface and when it rains the court is often unplayable for up to a
week because of erosion. Ms Lloyd explained that the local club had been unable to raise
sufficient funds for the courts to be properly maintained and is concerned that insurance
cover may not be available as a result of the poor surface.

Ms Lloyd also explained that the fencing wire had deteriorated to the extent that the fence
was unable to prevent trespasses from the court. She further explained that the club has
limited funds and could not afford to meet the long term maintenance needs. Ms Lloyd
explained that the Long Flat community is a very strong, proud community, very enthusiastic
and keen to go forward on this matter. However she explained the community could not
provide the dollar for dollar funding that is required under Council's community grants
programme. In conclusion, Ms Lloyd advised that she was seeking the support of Council
and requested a formal meeting with the Tennis Club executive and an inspection of the
courts. She further advised that without funding coming very quickly that the club would
have to suspend the tennis activities.

In response to questions from the Administrator, Ms Lloyd advised that the courts are used
from March to September for a Tuesday competition and then a night time competition takes
place between October and February. The Club charge $25 per annum membership of
which $18 went to Tennis NSW for affiliation fees. In addition, each player pays a
contribution of $5 or $6 per competition night. Mr Lloyd further explained that there was no
other casual hiring as the courts have to be levelled and marked and the cost of this was
beyond most casual users.

The Administrator advised that he would investigate this matter and attempt to visit the
courts in the near future.

7. Debbie Jones regarding the future of Timbertown.

Mrs Jones introduced herself as the owner of the Timbertown Resort and Motel alongside
Timbertown. Mrs Jones also advised that she sits on the Greater Port Macquarie Tourism
Board and was the out-going President of the Wauchope Chamber of Commerce.

Mrs Jones expressed her concerns over the demise of Timbertown and stated that
Timbertown makes an enormous economic contribution to the local economy. The demise
of the tea rooms, animal nursery and blacksmith shop is a major concern and also she has
heard that Timbertown is in grave danger of loosing the steam train. The steam train in the
major reason why people visit Timbertown and if the railway is lost, Timbertown may no
longer be viable.

Mrs Jones also spoke about the decline in the numbers of Timbertown volunteers and
morale has been low over the past twelve months. Mrs Jones asked Council to review


                                           PAGE 4
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL



Council's funding of Timbertown and advised that Timbertown is in desperate need for
infrastructure maintenance.

Mrs Jones advised that visitation to Timbertown was still very healthy in the region of 90,000
- 100,000 per annum so there is much to build on.

In closing, Mrs Jones asked questions and asked the Administrator if he would ensure the
sustainability of the railway and continue to develop the relationship with the Timbertown
volunteers. Mrs Jones also asked for an additional allocation of funds for infrastructure
maintenance and requested that the Administrator and Council staff consult with tenants and
volunteers before any decision is made on the future of Timbertown.

In response the Administrator advised that he was very much aware of the issues relating to
Timbertown and also advised that a review of Timbertown is underway but unfortunately has
been delayed for a number of reasons. Mr Persson advised that he had weekly meetings
with the senior staff of Council and assured Mrs Jones that Timbertown and Wauchope is
one of the ten major issues on his agenda each week. He further explained that there are
quite complex issues surrounding the lack of success at Timbertown but Council was
certainly committed to keeping the train running however there was a commercial
relationship going at the moment with the train and that matter will need to be dealt with in
the first instance.

In closing, Mr Persson advised that a business plan is being developed for Timbertown and
as soon as it is available it will be made available for public consultation and all comments
will be taken into consideration before any decisions are made.

8. Patrick Vacchiano, Bunnoo River Spring Creek Protectors regarding environmental and
financial outlook.

Mr Vacchiano advised that he was a concerned land owner and there was a mining
application over the area around his property. He advised that on a previous occasion,
former Councillor Intemann had raised this matter and lobbied to ensure that land owners
were consulted and he is aware that the former Mayor had written a letter to the Minister
expressing Council's and the community's concerns.

The Administrator advised that this would be a matter that would be the subject of a
development application and as such he would not comment but requested Mr Vacchiano to
provide all details to the Development Assessment Panel and they would be taken into
consideration when the development application came before them.

9. Noel McCabe, Bunnoo River Spring Creek Catchment Protection Group regarding letter
to Minister DPI objecting to exploration licensing.

Mr McCabe introduced himself as a caretaker of Lot 187, he explained that the land is an
environmental reserve, there has been no logging, no chemicals, no dogs. He further
advised that the exploration licence was over the whole of the property and he wished to
express the concerns of the absentee owners who had asked him to speak on their behalf .

The Administrator explained that for the same reasons relating to the previous speaker that
he would not comment on this matter but suggested that Mr McCabe present any concerns
to the Development Assessment Panel prior to the development application being
considered.

10. Susan Carson, Wauchope Chamber of Commerce & Industry regarding need for a
caravan park in Wauchope.


                                           PAGE 5
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL




Susan Carson, Secretary of the Chamber of Commerce, spoke on the need for a caravan
park within the township of Wauchope. Mrs Carson explained that Wauchope was a
stopping place for tourists visiting Port Macquarie, Wauchope and Timbertown. Throughout
the year there are a number of events that attract large numbers of visitors and they need a
place to stay. There are no caravan parks available in Wauchope and money is being lost to
the Wauchope economy.

Mrs Carson asked questions of the Administrator.

1.   Where has Council allocated land in Wauchope for a caravan park?
2.   What is the timeframe for Council to allocate land?
3.   Will the park be Council owned or privately operated?
4.   What was Council doing to encourage people to set up a caravan park?

The Administrator advised that Council had no plans to operate a caravan park and advised
that in recent times the owners of caravan parks had seen that the land occupied by the
parks have a higher and better usage. The Administrator advised that Council had land in
Timbertown and this was a possibility that it could be further discussed with the Chamber of
Commerce. Mr Persson further asked Mrs Carson if Council is seen as a barrier or if it could
assist someone else to develop the caravan park to please let him know.

11. Eva Cassegrain regarding proposal for community action group.

Mrs Cassegrain spoke to the Administrator on her proposal for the formation of a key local
community group or groups for the purpose of developing existing community character of
all the respective outlying villages in the Camden Haven and Hastings valleys. Mrs
Cassegrain read from her submission that she had previously provided to Council.

Mrs Cassegrain advised that the Hastings valley has a colourful history of European
settlement and she would like ask whether key regional villages together with what is left of
our indigenous communities could be formally recognised to contribute ideas towards the
aesthetic presentation of the local communities.

Mrs Cassegrain spoke of a newly created community group that felt that a warmer, friendlier
more attractive "Welcome to Wauchope" township via the Oxley Highway would benefit
Wauchope retail patronage and tourism. This may be the only project proposed for the
period 2008/09 accompanied by concept plan and subsequently forwarded to an appropriate
Council contact for merit review and statutory compliance. An implementation plan would be
agreed upon and the community project commence.

Additional benefits of this community action group would be:

- To aid the identification of valued trees, shrubbery and other iconic features largely
forgotten about due to life's haste.
- Offer Council local support and feed back in their planned local work activities as and when
required or requested.
- Be available to assist in the presentation of various community projects in such areas as
street plantings, establishing native corridors and develop beautification plans for unsightly
community fixtures.
- Establish and develop a good direct line of communication from community to appropriate
Council department and person.
- Support key local events by presenting the community surrounds at its best .
- Be available to participate with local schools, TAFE, community garden groups and street
resident groups in beautification possibilities of their projects or residential patch .


                                            PAGE 6
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL



- Contribute and support gardenscaping of High Street and bypass.
- Contribute and support gardenscaping of Hastings Street etc.

The Administrator in response to Mrs Cassegrain encouraged her to start up small and
concentrate on Wauchope. He advised that Wauchope had a very good Chamber of
Commerce who look after business and it was good to have a group that was not
necessarily focussed on business and gave encouragement to Mrs Cassegrain to start to
proceed with her idea of the community presentation action group.

The Administrator further advised that Kendall has a very good community committee and it
has recently received recognition in the form of an award and he suggested that Mrs
Cassegrain talk to Mavis Barnes from the Kendall Group who may be able to offer some
positive suggestions for the presentation action groups.

12. Ray Cooper, Wauchope District Historical Society, regarding drainage problems
affecting Museum.

Mr Cooper spoke of the drainage issues affecting the Wauchope District Museum located
adjacent to the car park at Timbertown. He mentioned that water run-off from the Oxley
Highway and the Timbertown car park had badly affected the museum building and he was
looking for a redirection of water away from the museum. Mr Cooper advised that previously
he had discussed with the Council the construction of a bund wall which would divert water
to an underground drain in Timbertown and this would alleviate problems currently being
experienced by the museum.

The Administrator requested that Council's Director of Infrastructure Services look at this
issue with the aim of overcoming the problems experienced by the museum.

13. Janine Taranto regarding concern re exploration.

Ms Taranto referred to two previous speakers on this matter and declined the invitation to
address Council.

14. Mr Peter Clive regarding Timbertown.

The Administrator asked Mr Clive is he still wished to address the Council Meeting and
enquired whether the questions that Mr Clive had, had previously been raised in Mrs Debbie
Jones' address.

Mr Clive advised that yes his questions had been answered and he no longer wished to
address the meeting.



06   ADMINISTRATOR'S MINUTES
There were no Administrator's Minutes.


07   NO MATTERS




08   NOT APPLICABLE



                                            PAGE 7
                            PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL




SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS:
ADOPTED:
That Standing Orders be suspended to enable the allow Items 18, 20, 21, 17, 22, 30, 31, 32,
35, 25 to be brought forward in that order for consideration.


18   WAUCHOPE CBD MASTERPLAN (W.100.10.2008)
ADOPTED:

That the Wauchope CBD Masterplan be reviewed in consultation with the community and
key stakeholders.


20   WAUCHOPE CBD ROAD BYPASS (W.100.10.2008)
The Administrator advised of an application to address Council on this matter from Jenny
Pursehouse representing the Wauchope Chamber of Commerce.

Jenny Pursehouse advised that in October 2005 Council had adopted the CBD Masterplan
but that the community was still waiting for stage 1A. Mrs Pursehouse advised that the
Wauchope Chamber of Commerce agreed that the bypass for heavy vehicles is vitally
important and requested that Council commence these works as soon as possible. She
further explained that heavy vehicles should not be around the town centre where there
were elderly shoppers and children.
Mrs Pursehouse explained that the Chamber had undertaken a survey and 30 replies
received had provided positive support for the bypass.
Mrs Pursehouse requested that Council nominate a Council staff member to advise her each
month of progress made in this matter.
The Administrator agreed to work out a way to provide information to the Wauchope
Chamber of Commerce and the community on a regular basis.

ADOPTED:

That the Wauchope CBD road bypass be further consulted with the community on the basis
of information discussed in this report.


21   HASTINGS STREET FIG TREES
ADOPTED:

1. That Option E - Four (4) parallel parking lanes be adopted as the revised car parking
layout for Hastings Street between High St and Young St.

2. That negotiations continue with business owners and operators in Hastings St regarding
locations of loading zones for service vehicles.

3. That the budget of $150,000 for the implementation of the Fig Tree Management Plan and
associated works be reviewed in terms of Option E and included in the September Quarterly
Review of the 2008-09 Corporate Plan.




                                           PAGE 8
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL




17 TENDER NO.T-08-26 FOR THE BRIDGE DESIGN AND SUPPLY OF PRECAST
COMPONENTS FOR REPLACEMENT OF TWO BRIDGES ON LORNE ROAD
ADOPTED:

1. That Council award Tender No.T-08-26 for the Bridge Design and Supply of Precast
Components for Replacement of Two Bridges on Lorne Road to Country Rite Mix for the
amount of $630,064 GST exclusive in accordance with the Tender Documents and the
Schedule of Rates submitted with their tender.

2. That approval is given for the execution of the necessary documents under Council seal.


22 RECONSTRUCTION OF FOOTPATH BOLD ST LAURIETON - STREET LIGHTING
AND ELECTRICITY POWER SUPPLY RELOCATIONS
ADOPTED:

That a contract be entered into with N J Construction Pty Ltd in the amount of $250,862.38
(excluding GST) for street lighting and electricity relocations in Bold St Laurieton because a
satisfactory result would not be achieved by inviting tenders due to the unavailability of
competitive tenderers.


30   MONTHLY REVIEW OF FINANCIAL POSITION - JUNE
ADOPTED:

That the adjustments in the "Financial Implications" section of the report be adopted.


31   MONTHLY REVIEW OF FINANCIAL POSITION - JULY 2008
ADOPTED:

That the adjustments in the "Financial Implications" section of the report be adopted.


32   INVESTMENTS - JULY 2008
ADOPTED:

That the report be received and noted.


35   2008/09 TOURISM MARKETING PLAN
ADOPTED:

That Council accepts the goals, objectives and strategic direction, as outlined in the Greater
Port Macquarie 2008/09 Tourism Marketing Plan.




                                            PAGE 9
                              PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL



25   TENDER T-08-27 CREATIVE AGENCY FOR TOURISM
ADOPTED:

1. That Council accepts the tender from Cummins Nitro for the provision of creative agency
services for the period 1st September 2008 to 31st August 2009, with a further twelve (12)
month option available.

2. That approval is given for the execution of the necessary documents under Council’s
Seal.




The following items were adopted as a "block resolution".


09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 33, 34.


09   GLASSHOUSE UPDATE REPORT
ADOPTED:

That the report be received and noted.


10   ROAD CLOSURE - PART OXLEY HIGHWAY AT THRUMSTER
ADOPTED:

1. That Council make application to the Department of Lands for the closure of part of the
Oxley Highway at Thrumster (being the 'former' highway depicted in the plan attached to this
report).

2. That pursuant to Section 39 of the Roads Act 1993, Council publish a Notice in the New
South Wales Government Gazette to remove the status of public road over Lots 4, 5 and 6
Deposited Plan 1112929.

3. That the Common Seal of Council be affixed to:
a. Plan of Road Closure and First Title Creation
b. Land and Property Information Transfer Forms.


11 CLASSIFICATION OF PUBLIC LAND IN MAJOR INNES ROAD, PORT MACQUARIE
(PIN 49103)
ADOPTED:

That Lot 6 Deposited Plan 1094444 (Major Innes Road, Port Macquarie) be classified
operational land.




                                            PAGE 10
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL



12 ACQUISITION OF LAND FOR PUBLIC ROAD PURPOSES - 163 GORDON STREET,
PORT MACQUARIE (PIN 7302)
ADOPTED:

1. That the General Manager be given delegated authority to sign the Section 30 Agreement
in regard to the acquisition of part Lot 1 Deposited Plan 124553 more particularly described
as Lot 1 Deposited Plan 1122513 required for public road purposes.

2. That pursuant to Section 177 of the Roads Act 1993, application be made to the Minister
for Local Government and/or the Governor for approval to compulsorily acquire Lot 1
Deposited Plan 1122513 for public road purposes.

3. That all mines and minerals be excluded from the acquisition.

4. That on acquisition, Lot 1 Deposited Plan 1122513 be dedicated as public road pursuant
to Section 10 of the Roads Act 1993.


13 APPLICATION FOR CLOSURE OF PART OF DIAMOND HEAD ROAD, DUNBOGAN
(PIN 17004)
ADOPTED:

1. That an application be made to the Department of Lands for the closure of that part of
Diamond Head Road, Dunbogan as shown in the plans attached to this report.

2. That the Common Seal of Council be affixed to the linen plan of road closure and first title
creation.


14 RECLASSIFICATION OF PUBLIC LAND IN OCEAN DRIVE, PORT MACQUARIE
(PIN 55274)
ADOPTED:

1. That part Lot 3 Deposited Plan 608880 more particularly identified as Lot 14 Deposited
Plan 1122022 (Ocean Drive, Port Macquarie) be classified as operational land as the land is
unsuitable for the purposes of public recreation due to its size and location .

2. That part Lot 3 Deposited Plan 608880 more particularly identified as Lot 14 Deposited
Plan 1122022 be sold to the owners of Lot 3 Deposited Plan 701809 in the amount of
$6,000 (GST exclusive).

3. That the Common Seal of Council be affixed to:

a. Contract for the Sale of Land.
b. Land and Property Information Request Form.
c. Land and Property Information Transfer Form.




                                            PAGE 11
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL



15 RECOMMENDATION TO COUNCIL FROM HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE -
FUNDING
ADOPTED:

1. That Council endorse the Heritage Committee’s funding recommendations as stated in
this report.

2. That all applicants be advised in writing of Council's decision.

3. That should any applicant not wish to take up the funding offered then consideration be
given to topping up funding to other projects that are in this report.


16 RECOMMENDATION TO COUNCIL FROM HERITAGE ADVISORY
SUB-COMMITTEE - GENERAL BUSINESS - RESIGNATION D DIXON
ADOPTED:

1. That a letter of appreciation be forwarded to Dean Dixon thanking him for his input to the
Committee and acknowledging his contribution.

2. That Mr Ted Seltin be endorsed as the Camden Haven Historical Society’s new
representative on the Heritage Committee.


19   ROADS AND TRAFFIC FACILITIES - BLOCK GRANTS (W.100.10.2008)
ADOPTED:

That the grant offers be accepted and budgets be adjusted as outlined in the Financial
Implications section of this report.


23   STATUS OF OUTSTANDING REPORTS TO COUNCIL
ADOPTED:

That the report be received and noted.


24   TENDER T-08-31 PROVISION OF BUSH REGENERATION SERVICES
ADOPTED:

1. That Council appoint all seven (7) Tenderers as included in this report to a panel of
Tenderers for the provision of bush regeneration services in the LGA for an initial period of
twelve (12) months, commencing on the 1st September 2008, with a further option of
twenty-four (24) months, pending budgetary approval and or external funding.

2. That approval be given for the execution of the necessary documents under Council seal.




                                            PAGE 12
                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL



26   DONATIONS TOWARDS PAYMENT OF RATES POLICY
ADOPTED:

That Council's policy in relation to the donation towards rates be amended to:

1. Remove the property 10-12 Short Street, Port Macquarie from the Donations Towards
Rates Policy.

2. That Council accede to the request from the Mid North Coast Maritime Museum for the
annual donation to be increased to 100% of Total Rates.

3. That the Donations Towards Rates Policy be amended to reflect these changes.


27   DRAFT FINANCIAL REPORTS
ADOPTED:

That the draft Financial Reports as at 30 June 2008 be signed by the Responsible
Accounting Officer, The General Manager and the Administrator, as required by the Local
Government Act, 1993.


28   CARRY-OVER PROJECTS
ADOPTED:

That the adjustments outlined in the "Financial Implications" section of the report be
adopted.


29   QUARTERLY REVIEW OF THE 2007/08 CORPORATE PLAN AS AT 30 JUNE 2008
ADOPTED:

That the report be received and noted.


33   NOTICE OF COMPLETION ORDER - DA 1988/0248 (PIN 47152)

ADOPTED:

That, under s121ZF of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Council
modify the order to complete subdivision works approved under development consent
1988/0248 by way of granting an extension in time for completion by one year, with all works
to be completed by 1 October 2009. Completion is defined as the issue of a subdivision
certificate for the whole or last stage of the subdivision.




                                           PAGE 13
                                             PORT MACQUARIE-HASTINGS COUNCIL



34 CLASSIFICATION OF PUBLIC LAND AT WEST HAVEN AND PORT MACQUARIE
(PIN 54943-54886)
ADOPTED:

That Lot 1 Deposited Plan 1120785 (Ocean Drive, West Haven) and Lot 1 Deposited Plan
1120786 (Kingfisher Road, Port Macquarie) be classified as operational land.



Farewell to Glasshouse Project Director - Craig Milburn:

The Administrator acknowledged Craig Milburn's contribution to the Council, wished him well
in his future employment and thanked him for his service to the Council, previous Council
and the community.

Mr Milburn thanked the Administrator for the opportunity to address the Council. Mr Milburn
paid tribute to the previous Councillors for their support during his time at Council and in
particular to the four former Councillors present at the meeting, Ray Cooper, Gary Gilbert,
Lisa Intemann and Jamie Harrison. He extended his appreciation to the many staff at Port
Macquarie-Hastings Council that he had worked with in the past ten years. He advised that
his new position offered him a challenge and great professional opportunity. In closing, he
wished Council Administrator, Dick Persson AM, and new General Manager, Andrew Roach,
all the best for the future and implored the community to keep the passion alive.


This concluded the business and the meeting closed at 7.17pm.




..........................................
Dick Persson AM
Administrator




                                                         PAGE 14