insight Diagnostics, inc.
insight Diagnostics, inc.
• FDA Approved Medical Device
• Offers Non-Invasive testing for the Diagnosis of
Soft Tissue Injury
• Worker‟s Compensation & OSHA Compliant
FDA Registered Class II Medical
Patented & Dominant Intellectual
EEOC, HHS and ADA Compliant
Strong Legal Case History
What is EFA?
Utilizing iDi‟s patented technology – the
Electrodiagnostic Functional Assessment(EFA), iDi
integrates five previously unrelated, AMA accepted
medical diagnostic procedures to assist doctors in the
assessment and aging of soft tissue injuries.
• Surface EMG
• Range of Motion
• Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)
• Pinch Strength
• Grip Strength
• Defines precise injury site
• Accurately diagnoses and determines the
approximate age of an injury, and determines the
significance of disc pathology
• Determines if patient is compliant, malingering or in
• Is non-invasive and non-loading
• Result is a Comprehensive Medical Report by Board
• Can provide site-specific treatment
recommendations to assist the physician
The FDA Statement of Intended Use
The EFA can distinguish between acute versus
chronic pathology, approximate the age as well
as the extent of an injury relative to the date of
loss, objectively determine good vs. poor effort
during testing, and identify patterns of referred
pain with a non-invasive and non-loading test.
Competitive Advantages vs.
• Current diagnostic tools are subjective - “process of
• Diagnosis is dependent upon “subjective” complaints
• Current tools not designed to look at soft tissue
• NCV (Nerve Conduction Velocity) and iEMG are
designed to evaluate nerve and muscle status
• X-rays, MRIs and CT scans are not designed to be
dynamic or to assess muscle functioning
Competitive Advantages vs. Current
• “MRI’s produce a 64% false positive;
• Myelograms 24%;
• Computed Tomographic scans 36%;
• Discograms 37%...
• …contributing to increasing rates of low
Jensen, Brant & Ross et al
University of Pittsburgh
NEJM Vol. 331„1997
• Soft Tissue injury represents a $60 Billion expense to
Payers - Insurance Companies & Corporations
• According to a study by Travelers Insurance, Insight
Diagnostics‟ EFA-EMG reduces health care expenditures by
25% and returns injured workers to work 62 days sooner than
current diagnostics, and has changed case law from the
Federal court level to local jurisdictions.
• For worker‟s compensation claims, the EFA can
distinguish between acute versus chronic pathology,
approximate the age as well as the extent of an injury
relative to the date of loss, objectively determine good
vs. poor effort during testing, and identify patterns of
referred pain with a non-invasive and non-loading test.
Geressy v Digital Equipment Corp
Reversed $5.3M Product Liability Award
Reduced WC Costs from $1.6M to
Average Claim Reduction of $10,000 (25%)
Returned to Work 62 Days Sooner
Matthew E. Colpoys, CEO
- 25 years experience in bio-medical industry.
- Part of the early commercial group at Genentech,
- Built commercial operations from the ground up at:
- Pharmacia Peptide Hormones (Now Pfizer),
- Neurex (Now Elan),
MaryRose Cusimano-Reaston, PhD, President
- Founder of Insight Diagnostics Inc,
- Inventor and visionary behind the EFA
- Holds three US patents; two patents pending, and three
• EFA utilization can help employers and
their insurance companies lower their
expenses, ensure better care for their
employees, and increase overall
productivity by getting them back to work
sooner and close claims faster.
• Multiple follow-on revenue opportunities.