UNIVERSITY OF CALICUT
IQAC/SWS/PG/2011 Dated July 4, 2011
ADMISSION TO POST GRADUATE COURSES
SINGLE WINDOW SYSTEM
Applications are invited for admission (except the admissions done through
Entrance Test) to all the PG Courses of the University teaching departments, affiliated
colleges (government, aided & unaided) and self financing courses run directly under the
University. The online registration commences at 11 am on 7.7.2011 and ends on
1. Admission rules and regulations with latest amendments and detailed information
regarding the University teaching departments/ Colleges/ Courses
offered/intake/eligibility/ranking rules etc are available in the University website
2. For detailed information about the fee structure of different colleges the applicants can
refer to websites of colleges which are available in the University web site.
3. A challan worth Rs. 100/- ( for SC/ST candidates Rs. 25/- only) should be remitted to
the Calicut University Fund. The details of the Heads of Account are given below.
(a) Treasuries in Malappuram District : 8443-00-106-PD of CU
(b) Other treasuries in the State : 8658-00-102-96(02) CUS
(c) Selected branches of SBT : NO.II Current account of the Finance
Officer, University of Calicut.
(d) Akshaya Centres under Calicut University area.
(e) FRIENDS, Jana Sevana Kendras under Calicut University area.
(f) Students from outside Kerala : DD drawn in favour of Finance Officer,
University of Calicut payable at STATE
BANK OF TRAVANCORE, CALICUT
4. Applicants need to select their course and subject from the list and the details of the fee
remitted should be furnished in the location specified in the website. After clicking the
SUBMIT button the applicants will get the online application form in the next window.
5. If a candidate wishes to apply for more than one PG course, separate application
form need to be submitted and separate fee remitted for each course.
6. Candidate need to fill up all the fields in the online application form carefully. System
will not allow you to SUBMIT a partially filled up application.
7. For the candidates studied under University of Calicut for their Qualifying Degee
Course (with Alphanumeric Register Number – BA/B.Com) the details such as Name ,
Marks of the qualifying examination etc. will be automatically generated in the online
8. Candidates from the Grade System (for their qualifying degree examination) should
convert their grade in to equivalent marks and fill up the specified format.
9.Candidates can opt maximum 20 colleges for a course depending upon the number of
colleges offering the course. Students who get first option can take permanent admission
in the first allotment itself and those who do not get their choices can take provisional
admission in the allotted college. For example, if a student gets his fourth choice in the
first allotment, then all lower choices given by him will be canceled automatically and
the remaining top choices will remain in the next allotment. Students taking permanent
admission will have to pay the fee and those taking provisional admission can do so
without paying fee. If a student wants to take the 4th option, he can cancel the first 3
options. Provision for this will be available in the Colleges.
10. After successful submission of the application form three copies ( University copy/
College copy/ Candidate Copy) of the filled up application form will be generated
automatically in the printable form ( pdf format).
11. Candidates should verify the information filled in the application form (if you find
any error you can fill up a new application and resubmit) and confirm the appearance of
the barcode (on the top and bottom of the first page of the application form before taking
12. Candidates need to submit the duly signed hard copy (only the University copy) of
the online application form to the Calicut University in the following address along with
the original challan receipt and the self attested copies of the relevant documents, on or
before 20.7.2011, 5 p.m.
The Assistant Registrar,
Internal Quality Assessment Cell (IQAC)
University of Calciut
Calicut University PO, PIN: 673635
13. Candidate should attach the Self Attested copies of the following documents
(whichever is applicable) along with the hard copy of the filled up application form and
submit to the University.
1. Original Challan Receipt
2. Self attested copies of the mark list of the qualifying Degree course
(only the candidates from Universities other than University of
3. Self attested copies of the relevant certificates to claim the reservation
/weightage of marks if any. ( for eg. Income Certificate for non
creamy layer , BPL certificate, Certificates for NCC, NSS, CSS,
Illiteracy Eradication Programme, Rank Holders ( only 1st and 2nd ),
Physically Handicapped, Sports and games etc.
14. College Copy of the online application with original mark sheets and other relevant
certificates should be submitted in the college at the time of admission.
15. The envelop containing the application form should be superscribed with
“Application for PG Admission 2011 – Single Window System, Course:
16. Candidates those who wish to apply for the community merit seats also should apply
online NOW and submit a separate form (which can be downloaded from the University
website after the first allotment of the seats) to the colleges concerned
17. Management quota will not be filled up by the Single Window System. Candidates
need to directly approach the colleges concerned for the admission to those seats.
18. Students from Lakshadweep seeking admission under LAKSHADWEEP QUOTA
should use this facility. Those who seek admission at Lakshadweep centres/colleges
should contact the respective centres/colleges.
For clarification contact: (0494) 2400809, 2400816, 2407152