EOG Review Activity
You have been assigned to create the
next, hot, and hip teen magazine!!
Your team will be responsible for
creating magazine articles with
graphics. Your articles do not have to
be accurate, however please ensure
that all articles are school appropriate.
Each magazine must have at least
eight (8) articles (or two articles per
group member). The trend on this one’s surprising, too.
You’d think the recent relative quiet in
Each article must include: Iraq would benefit the most hawkish
1. Title candidate of the three.
3. Heading You will evaluate your magazine by
4. Illustration(s) with captions answering the following questions in
5. Main idea complete sentences.
6. Support inferences with
relevant facts, reasons, details 1. Why did you include subtitles/
7. Dateline subheadings in the selection?
Include other characteristics of 2. What is this text suppose to
informational texts: help you learn?
1. Bold print- why is it used? 3. How will the reader determine
2. Italicized words the main idea of a paragraph/
3. key words selection?
4. Subheadings 4. What information can you find
out by reading the bold print?
Your magazine must also include a 5. What is the structure used in
section that includes a graphic aid your text?
(chart, timeline, maps, etc.) For 6. How can the reader use text
example, your magazine can include a organizers such as titles,
graph demonstrating the support for headings, italicized words, bold
each Democratic candidate. faced words, captions, etc. to
Remember to include a description of infer the main idea of an
your graphic aid. article?
7. How do graphic aid in the
ABC Iowa poll: Obama 30, Hillary 26, comprehension of
Silky 22 informational text, specifically
8. Why did you use graphics in
your magazine (other than it