This is a cute activity for the end of the year that focuses on fine
motor pincer skills.
Foam stickers of sea animals/fish and shells or cutouts
Blue piece of cardstock (or construction paper) that is slightly
smaller than the size of the baggie
Glue (if needed)
1. Have the child glue the sea animals or stick the foam
stickers on the blue piece of paper. Peeling the backing off
the stickers is great practice for pincer skills.
2. Then have the child put the blue paper into the baggie so
that it lays flat.
3. Sprinkle some of the oatmeal onto the plate. Have the child
pick up the oatmeal using the thumb and pointer finger
(pincer grasp) and put it into the baggie.
4. Once done close bag and enjoy!
1. Use glitter mixed up with the oatmeal.
2. Instead of using blue cardstock, use blue cellophane. It is
harder to keep flat when putting it in the bag.
3. Use the optional sequence cards for the children to retell
the steps of making the aquarium.