Mrs. Rose Mme. Rose
Collin Alex S Yerin S
Yue-Di S R
Katelyn Matthew Madison Barakat Dylan
M L L K
Megan N Angel
Cassidy G Jocelyn
Damien Alex Shae-lee Youran B
Lauren H C
E C C Alisha A
Leo Hayes High School
Graduating Class of XXX!!
Agendas and Timetables
•Hand out timetables
•Hand out Agendas & Forms
•PLEASE take the time to read over the
first number of pages as there is
important information in it.
- Attendance Policy
- Exemption Policy
- P. 33 Parent/Guardian must sign the Education Act
- Acceptable absences
• $40.00 / person
• $65.00 for a family (two or more)
• Due ASAP
Fire Drill Procedure
• Behaviour leaving the classroom
• NO CELL PHONES, I PODS or HATS!!!!!
• Where to exit the school
• Where to meet
• Coming back to class after the drill
• Find out in each class you have
FORMS and such…
• YELLOW Data sheet to be completed
• Plagiarism Policy signed
• Acceptable Use of Technology signed
• Education Act signed
• School Calendar
• Letter from Mr. Pottle
Signing IN and OUT
• Must Must Must be done!!!!
• Late in the A.M., you must go to the office
• You must let your homeroom teacher
know if you sign out during the day –
HAVE EXCUSE HERE BEFOREHAND!!!
• Always bring a note from parent /
guardian for any absence.
• An e-mail from home helps too letting me
know you are not going to be in school.
Where to Eat?
• Sandwich bar on 2nd floor
• Not in balcony over gym
• Some teachers leave their classroom door
open at noon and you might be able to eat
there. Look for LION’S DEN SIGNS.
• No book bags in the Cafetorium! They will
be taken to the Office.
• You will not receive your I.D. until you
have paid your student fee
• You must have your I.D. to attend school
• $5.00 replacement fee if ID is lost and you
have to get it yourself at Harvey’s
• School pictures September 13th and 14th
• Still need picture taken for an I.D. even if
you do not order pictures.
No Scent Policy at LHHS
• It’s easy, no perfume/cologne or any
heavily scented product allowed!!
• Some people have serious chemical
• During 5 or 10 minute break
• If you need to go during class time, you
MUST have your AGENDA SIGNED by your
Before school in the morning???
• You can sit in the cafeteria or in your
homeroom, if open.
• You must be in Homeroom at 8:33, all
book bags must be in your locker.
• At the end of the day, go to your locker
and to your bus. Some busses leave the
school very soon after the final bell.
• National anthem –this is a solemn moment
and you are expected to be quiet and
• PLEASE…NO TALKING during morning
• At noon, in the Media Center (upstairs of
library) or possibly a BBT Lab if open.
• Not in classrooms, without teacher
• REMEMBER! The Acceptable Use of
– Get it signed and return ASAP
Pay Phone Use ~ Cell Phone Use
• Not during class time! This applies to cell
phones as well.
• There is a pay phone by the Office.
• CELL PHONES IN LOCKERS!!! Except
before A.M. bell, at lunch & after school.
• TELL YOUR PARENTS TOO!!!
Advisory Time !
Mondays & Tuesdays
• Every Monday & Tuesday for 30 minutes
between periods 4 & 5. It’s Mandatory!
• There are two different Bell Schedules.
Please give a copy to your parents so they
know for appointment purposes.
Open House/Meet the Teacher
• Thursday September 23rd , 7 p.m.
• Give your parents / guardian your
timetable for them to follow.
• First Parent Teacher Interviews
– Thursday evening November 25th
– Friday morning November 26th (no school for
students this day)
Locks and Lockers
• Keep locked at all times
• Keep combination private
• You are responsible for any items taken
from your locker, INDLUDING
• You must use LHHS locks
• 60% for all levels / courses for grades 9
• Exemptions available in certain courses—
See Policy in Agenda.
Exam Exemption Policy-
It’s in your Agenda
Go over it with your parents.
– Make sure you understand how it works so
there are no surprises at exam time.
– 85% (up to 12 excused absences)
– 75% (up to 4 excuses absences)
– Be in class on time and complete all necessary
– No suspensions, referrals to Office, etc.
Class changes/transition time
• Stay to the right in the hallways
• Stay to the right going down stairs
• No sitting on the stairs!!
• No clogging in the hallways. Step to the
side if you wish to chat.
It’s COMMON SENSE!!!!
• No book bags - these are to be in lockers
• NO CELL PHONES during instructional time,
i-pods, personal entertainment devices,
personal computers, etc. They will be taken;
sent to the office.
• Carry your AGENDA all the time and use
it for organizing!
Displays of affection… because
some need the reminder!!
– Holding hands
– Brief kiss
- Making out
- Sitting/lying on each other
- Lip locked
- Hands all over each other
Bullying / Harassment
• ZERO tolerance ~ Tell me!! I want to
know. I WILL listen and act upon it!!
• Everyone should feel safe at LHHS.
• PLEASE tell an adult in the building if you
or someone you know is being bullied. It’s
Garbage ~ Pile up!
STASH YOUR TRASH!!
• Pick up after yourself ALWAYS!
• Clean up your garbage and recycle.
• Leave cafetorium/classrooms looking neat.
• Check around you and pick it up. If
everybody picks up one thing, the floor
will be clean for others.
• Usually Noon hour.
• Your homeroom teacher will assign detention for
truancy. Any ONE unexcused absence and you
get TWO detentions.
• If you don’t show up, you will deal with your Vice-
Principal who will give you Admin. Detentions or
In-School Suspension. Saturday detention is also a
• This year we have a LEARNING LAB where you
may be sent as well.
If you are detained by your teacher
and late for your next class…
• PLEASE ask your teacher to write a quick
note in your agenda.
• Bring this note to your next class to avoid
• Take care of your textbooks, they are
expensive to replace.
• You need materials for your classes / don’t
show up empty-handed.
– Binders, pens and pencils, looseleaf,
highlighters, coloring material, glue stick,
scissors, etc. Keep them on hand.
Guidance Info. – see Agenda
• You can make appointments, but do it OUTSIDE
of class time.
• You must have your appointment slip to leave
class… and return.
• Emergencies are different. On rare occasions, you
may need guidance right away.
• A-F ~ Mr. Rutter
• G-P ~ Mrs. Morrison
• Mc/Mac Q-Z ~ Mrs. Smith
• First Nations ~ Mrs. Polches
Yes! We have a DRESS CODE…
• There are posters in each classroom
outlining what’s appropriate attire for our
• If you are wearing something offensive or
inappropriate, you will be asked to
Administration ~ The OFFICE!
• Each of you has an administrator for
discipline issues or other issues that may
• A-D—Mrs. Capson-Daniels
• E-L—Mr. Wilton
• M-P—Ms. Waddell
• Q-Z—Mr. Sturgeon
• FRONT DESK – Carol ☻and Tammy
Review of things to get signed
• Agenda, page 33, Education Act (or paper copy)
• YELLOW Data Information Sheet
• Acceptable Use of Technology/Plagiarism Policy
• Late work policies/outlines from different departments-
you will get these from subject teachers in each course.
• Other Information…
– Read your Agenda!!
– Bring your $40 student fee / $65 for two or more
– School Photos-September 13th & 14th
– Open House on September 23rd at 7:00 p.m.
There will be more to come!!
• Get involved! Make it a great
• SMILE, it’s only Day One!