Clement Park House by chenmeixiu

VIEWS: 169 PAGES: 6

									Repository:         SALVATION ARMY INTERNATIONAL HERITAGE CENTRE
Level:              Collection
RefNo:              CLH
Extent:             6 volumes and 1 document
Title:              Clement Park House
Date:               1950-1990s
Access Status:      Partial
ArchNote:           Catalogued by Steven Spencer, June 2009


Description

These are the records of Clement Park House, Dundee (CLH), 1950-1990s.

The Dundee Mothers' and Children's Home first openened in 1918, but it was
not until December 1928 that the home re-located to Clement Park House.
The building was named Florence Booth House at its oficial opening on 30
April 1929. A children's section opened in 1969 and the maternity section
closed in August 1970. In 1991 the children's home was closed, and the Army's
Dundee Homelessness Project re-opened the home as Clement Park Hostel. In
October 2006 the Centre closed, sold and redeveloped as flats with new-
build homes in the grounds.


Arrangement

CLH 1. Mothers' and Children's Home
CLH 2. Children's Home
CLH 3. Leaflet for Clement Park House


Admin History

In 1918 the Dundee Mothers' and Children's Home opened at Seafield Lodge,
91-93 Magdalen Green, Dundee. In June 1927 the home was removed to
Cidhmore, Perth Road, Dundee.

In December 1928 the home was re-located to Clement Park House, Harefield
Road, Lochee, Dundee. Clement Park House was built for famous jute baron
James Cox and was completed in about 1862. He named the mansion after
his wife, Clementina.

On 30 April 1929 the official opening took place, at which the building was
named Florence Booth House, after the founder of the Women's Social Work
wing of the Salvation Army. In October 1935 an extension was added for
married patients, and the following month an ante-natal clinic started. This
was followed on 9 December 1937 by additional extension, this time to
provide associates' quarters.

As of 9 April 1951 accommodation at the centre stood at 25 lying In beds, 25
cots, 30 beds for unmarried mothers and 20 cots.



                                        1
17 July 1969 saw the opening of a children's section. This had the effect of
reducing the accommodation available in the maternity section from 30
mothers to 20, while the new children's section could house twelve. The
maternity section closed in August 1970, and accommodation was later
confirmed as being 24 beds, for girls '6 months to school leaving age' and
boys '6 months to under [sic] 12 years'.

In 1991 the children's home was closed, and re-opened with the name
Clement Park Hostel, as part of the Army's Dundee Homelessness Project.

In October 2006 the Centre closed and its building were sold. Redeveloped
as ten luxury flats by Buddon Homes with 23 new-build homes in the grounds.

Postcode as of 2009 is DD2 3JT.




                                     2
RefNo:        CLH/1
Level:        Series
Extent:       4 volumes
Title:        Mother and Baby Home
Date:         January 1950- July 1966

These records date from the period when Florence Booth House was used as
a Mothers' and Children's Home.

There are four volumes:

1. Register of cases, 1953-1954
2. Dedication register, 1957-1966
3. Removal register, 1950-1952
4. Removal register, 1952-1955

Format: Bound volume
Access Status: Closed




RefNo:        CLH/1/1
Level:        File
Extent:       1 volume
Title:        Register of cases, 1953-1954
Date:         August 1953- July 1954

Register of cases for Florence Booth House Mothers' and Children's Home.

Contains date of expected confinement, Name and address of patient, Age,
Number of previous labours and miscarriages, Date and hour of midwife's
arrival, Presentation, Date and hour of child's birth, Sex of child, Born living or
dead, Full time or premature, Name of doctor, Complications, Date of
Midwife's last visit, Condition of mother then, and Remarks.

Format: Bound volume
Access Status: Closed




                                        3
RefNo:       CLH/1/2
Level:       File
Extent:      1 volume
Title:       Dedication register, 1957-1966
Date:        January 1957-July 1966

Dedication register for Florence Booth House Mothers' and Children's Home.

The volume also contains marriages from July 1960 to September 1962.
Includes loose Registrar's certiuficates of Publication of notice to marriage
(September 1962) and blank dedication certificates (1969).

Format: Bound volume
Access Status: Closed



RefNo:       CLH/1/3
Level:       File
Extent:      1 volume
Title:       Removal register, 1950-1952
Date:        January 1950-September 1952

Removal register for Florence Booth House Mothers' and Children's Home.

Contains loose correspondence with Dr A Fulton re breast feeding statistics
(July 1952).

Includes Name of child, Reference number of mother in register of patients,
Name and address of person in whose custody or care the child is places,
Date of birth, and Date of removal of child.

Format: Bound volume
Access Status: Closed



RefNo:       CLH/1/4
Level:       File
Extent:      1 volume
Title:       Removal register, 1952-1955
Date:        September 1952-November 1955

Removal register for Florence Booth House Mothers' and Children's Home.

Includes Name of child, Reference number of mother in register of patients,
Name and address of person in whose custody or care the child is places,
Date of birth, and Date of removal of child.

Format: Bound volume
Access Status: Open



                                     4
RefNo:       CLH/2
Level:       Series
Extent:      2 volumes
Title:       Children's Home
Date:        September 1973-June 1980

These records date from the period when Florence Booth House was used as
a Children's Home.

There are two volumes:

1. Resident's book, 1974-1980
2. Day book, 1973-1977

Format: Bound volume
Access Status: Closed



RefNo:       CLH/2/1
Level:       File
Extent:      1 volume
Title:       Residents' regsiter, 1974-1980
Date:        April 1974-June 1980

Residents' register for Florence Booth House Children's Home.

Contains a letter from the Department of Social Work, Arbroath concerning
Lisa and Andrew Gutherie (27 ).

Format: Bound volume and Typescript
Access Status: Closed



RefNo:       CLH/2/2
Level:       File
Extent:      1 volume
Title:       Day book, 1973-1977
Date:        September 1973-November 1977

Day book for Florence Booth House Children's Home.

Includes Home number, Date of admission, Name, Date of birth, Place of
birth, Where from, Date of care order, Reason for admission, Authority
responsible, Date of discharge, Future address, and Remarks.

Format: Bound volume
Access Status: Closed




                                      5
RefNo:      CLH/3
Level:      File
Extent:     1 document
Title:      Leaflet for Clement Park House Social Service Centre
Date:       1990s


Format: Printed document
Access Status: Open




                                    6

								
To top