Canaccord has approximately 1,600 employees worldwide in 32 offices, including 26 Private Client
Services offices located across Canada. Canaccord Adams, the international capital markets division, has
significant operations in Toronto, London, Boston, Vancouver, New York, Calgary, Montreal, San
Francisco and Houston.
We are seeking a Vancouver based Equity Research Associate to assist with data collection, company and
industry analysis, research, and client support.
JOB DESCRIPTION – EQUITY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, PIPELINES & POWER
The Equity Research Associate is responsible for research, client support, data collection, statistical studies
on the industries and individual companies and their securities. Through training and on the job experience,
the Research Associate learns the techniques and develops the skills necessary to research and analyze
investment securities and to prepare and present investment recommendations.
1. Search, collect, consolidate and interpret company and industry data.
2. Develop and maintain financial models, market monitoring systems, and databases.
3. Prepare portions or more of research reports, notes and briefs.
4. Communicate and handle information requests.
5. Meet with management teams of issuers, conduct onsite visits, and attend industry conferences.
6. Provide administrative support as required.
7. Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Excellent analytical skills and understanding of relevant financial and accounting techniques.
2. Ability to express ideas effectively and fluently. Comfortable with client interaction. Ability to write
clearly, concisely with speed and precision. Fast learner.
3. Ability to work effectively with minimal direction under tight deadlines and multiple priorities, while
maintaining a keen attention to detail.
4. Knowledge of spreadsheets, presentation software and the Internet. Strong proficiency in MS Office,
Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and software applications. Bloomberg experience considered an asset.
5. CFA Level 1 completed. CFA designation preferred.
6. Flexibility to work long hours.
7. Self motivated, organized, strong attention to detail, and willing to work within a flexible schedule.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter including salary expectations. All
applications will be held in strict confidence. All internal applicants should advise their direct
manager/supervisor about their interest prior to sending in an application.
Please e-mail your application in Microsoft Word format to Human Resources at email@example.com
and quote job ---- in the subject line.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be
contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted. Thank you for your understanding.