Ie Ojt Agreement - DOC

Document Sample
Ie Ojt Agreement - DOC Powered By Docstoc
Some CRPs have been receiving BIN referrals since 3/2/2009 (the date BINS payments went up) at the $300
level. What should these agencies do?
Answer: Ask the VRC or the Supervisor to supplement the BINS for the whole, $500 amount.
Job Retention
Will the RBF Payment Verification Sheet act as the „bill‟ for Job Retention?
Answer: Yes

When does the 9 months of counted employment begin: after case closure or after the start of the job?
Answer: After case closure

Is Job Retention a permanent program?
Answer: No. As of right now, it is a one shot deal.

What do CRPs do if a customer who should be on the list is not?
Answer: Contact Barb Nichols or Jean Updike and let them know.

Does the Job Retention payment have anything to do with SGA?
Answer: No. But remember that there is a Milestone 5for those individuals who receive SSI/SSDI and it the
person is at SGA then they might be eligible for that payment.

Is there a minimum numbers of hours a customer must be working for a CRP to receive the Job Retention
Answer: No.

Do the 9 months of employment need to be continuous?
Answer: No. The 9 months can be accumulative. It is also possible that the accumulative amount could be
completed at different employers.

What role do Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors play in this Job Retention program?
Answer: VRCs have no responsibilities in this program, other than to answer questions about certain cases if
they arise. All authorizations, claims, status movements, and paperwork will be handled by Central Office.
How fast will the payments for Job Retention be paid out?
Answer: Bills are currently being accepted until 4/10/2009. On this date, ALL of the received Job Retention
Payment Requests will be submitted to claims simultaneously.
On the Job Training
Can you use OJT with a RBF job coach on the same site?
Answer: Yes.

Will OJT require a supervisor‟s approval on an approved IPE?
Answer: Yes, the OJT must be on a supervisor approved IPE.

Will the job coach need to amend or include the OJT on an IPES?
Answer: Yes.

Who writes the OJT training plan?
Answer: The employment specialist will work with the employer to develop the training plan, but it will be
signed off on by the VRC.

Will the VRC have to fill out all the appropriate paperwork to make the business receiving OJT a vendor of the
Answer: Yes The forms for this are attached to this email.

How will the employer be reimbursed?
Answer: The employer will pay the wages up front and bill VR accordingly.

Regarding employer reimbursement, will there be a streamlined process to get payments out?
Answer: The payments will be going through the same channels as VR‟s current claims process. A billing form
has been developed and is attached. This will be used to avoid adding paperwork to the employer.

When do OJTs go into effect?
Answer: Effective now.

What do you do if the customer has OJT approved on the IPE but s/he or the employer refuses to use it?
Answer: Nothing. It will remain on the plan as a possible service but will be unutilized.

Can OJTs be used at a CRP if that CRP is going to be hiring the customer (ie: Crossroads Industrial, Goodwill
Stores, etc)?
Answer: Yes. If the CRP is going to hire the customer, it is possible to use the OJT.
Can OJTs be used at employers who have recently laid people off?
Answer: No. It is within the federal policy that OJTs cannot be used at businesses that are laying people off.

Can OJTs be used at employers who are reducing hours but NOT laying people off?
Answer: Yes. However, the number of hours per week that the customer receives needs to be in agreement with
the IPES and IPE and cannot be reduced after the OJT period has ended.

How does the OJT interact with Milestone 2?
Answer: Once the individual is hired by the company and working to the capacity agreed upon within the IPES
and IPE, the typical RBF protocol applies. Thus, it is possible for someone to be continuing in an OJT as the
Milestone Payments are received. It depends on the amount of training the individual needs on the job.

How is OJT and WOTC used together?
From DOL: If, for any period, an employer receives federally funded payments for OJT for an employee, none of the
wages paid to that employee for the OJT period qualify for WOTC. While the wages paid to the employee during the OJT
period do not qualify the employer for a tax credit, the time spent by the employee receiving OJT qualifies the employer
toward fulfilling the ‘minimum employment’ period requirement. So, WOTC forms should be completed and submitted as
the time counts toward fulfillment of the employment period.

Work Experiences

Does VR expect problems with the Department of Labor‟s regulations on work experiences?
Answer: No. This type of program counts as a work experience and training within DoL‟s policy. A memo from
DOL supplied by INARF is attached.

Why use these work experiences?
Answer: The work experiences that are currently under RBF are meant to be short and used for assessment and
identification of a vocational goal. The new work experiences are to be for the consumer to gain needed
experience during this economic downturn when there are few job openings.

Do the four weeks of work experience need to be consecutive?
Answer: It should be, but there may be exceptions such as illness by the consumer.

Do Work Experiences need to be on a VR supervisor approved IPE?
Answer: VRCs are encouraged to include the Work Experience service as a subset of Job Placement Services
on the IPE. If the work experience is for less than 12 hours per week, then supervisor approval is needed.

Do Work Experiences need to be written on or amended into a VRC approved PES?
Answer: Work experiences can only be done after the selection of a vocational goal and should be part of the
initial PES development.

When, within the RBF system, do Work Experiences occur?
Answer: After Milestone 1

What cc codes are used for authorizing for Work Experiences?
Answer: 53.20 is for the development (both Tiers) and 53.30 is for the weekly payments (both Tiers).
Can CRPs use Work Experiences at their own retail or labor sites (ie: Crossroads Industrial, Goodwill Stores,
Answer: No, not in any programs associated with a CRP (Social Enterprise, daycare, etc.).

What happens if the consumer cannot complete the full week of the work experience?
Answer: VR will prorate the amount to be paid for the hours the consumer worked.

What documentation is needed to show that a Work Experience occurred?
Answer: The RBF verification form has been updated to include the required documentation. VR expects this
form to be emailed to the VRC upon completion of a Work Experience.

If a job coach conducts one Work Experience with a customer and uncovers that the job goal is not appropriate,
what happens?
Answer: The PES and possibly the IPE will need to be amended. After the amendment occurs, the job coach
will still have the remaining Work Experiences to use.

How many hours a week does the customer need to work to count as a Work Experience?
Answer: At least 12 hours a week. However, it is possible to have fewer hours in a work experience if it is
approved by a Supervisor.

How much of the time do the job coaches need to be on site?
Answer: The job coaches need to give the amount of support needed for that consumer.

Can the CRP use part of the authorized amount to give a stipend to the customer?
Answer: Yes. However, it is not mandatory.

If an individual needs adaptive equipment during the work experience, what protocol should be followed?
Answer: It is recommended that the VRC and the job coach work with INDATA to receive the needed
equipment on a loan basis.

Can a customer conduct the three work experiences at the same establishment but in different departments (ie:
Grocery store as clerk, bakery attendant and custodial)?
Answer: No, it is one work experience per job site.

Can work experiences be done at “volunteer” sites?
Answer: Yes, but again, it must be a sight that will enable the consumer to gain needed experience related to
their vocational goal.

Can work experiences be done for transition youth?
Answer: Yes, as long as work experiences are not provided as part of the student’s IE and the student is ready to be
referred for placement services as work experiences are done after IPES is developed.

Description: Ie Ojt Agreement document sample