POSITION: HVAC Technician
LOCATION: Physical Plant
REPORTS TO: Physical Plant Director
DATE POSTED: May 31, 2007
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
Primary Purpose of Position: This position is a full-time, twelve (12) month, 40+ hours per
week position responsible for the maintenance and repair of all heating and cooling units owned by
the University. This includes the pumps, motors, compressors, controls, and refrigeration systems.
This position would serve as back-up to the lead technician, covering for each other on all scheduled
time off. This position will require overtime to cover special projects, events, and some
maintenance work as scheduled. Also, this position is on a call in rotation with other Physical Plant
Education and Status: High School diploma required, HVAC Tech Certificate recommended.
The candidate is required to hold a current refrigeration license and have an operational
understanding of low pressure and hot water boilers. The University would offer training, as
needed. Minimum work experience: three years or more experience. CDL license required for this
position or willingness to obtain a CDL license.
1. Assist in the installation, repair, upgrades, and preventative maintenance of all
heating systems, hot water at low pressure steam boilers, air handlers, air
conditioners, steam traps, exhaust fans, Honeywell, and pneumatic controls, etc.
2. Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair all HVAC, pumps, and motors, as needed.
3. Provide and input data into records on both preventative maintenance and repair
4. Reclaim and add refrigerants, as needed (EPA certification).
5. Repair and maintain commercial kitchen equipment.
6. Installation of new or upgraded systems.
7. Assist outside skilled tradesmen.
8. Provide call in support when possible.
9. Assist in snow removal as needed
10. Perform all other duties deemed necessary for this position.
This is a replacement position. Roger Niese has resigned.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will accept applications of both on-campus and off-campus
The Human Resource Office is accepting applications through June 11, 2007. Send application and
resume to: The University of Findlay, Office of Human Resources, 1000 North Main Street,
Findlay, OH 45840, firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax information to 419-434-5976. The University of
Findlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Educator.