NOTICE to Workers on Changes to
CERTIFICATES OF SERVICE
The Long Service Payments Corporation (LSPC) has updated its computer and
administrative systems. As a result of these changes, employers no longer have to provide
copies of Employee Certificates of Service to workers.
With the introduction of the new reporting method employers are no longer required to
retain manual forms or to provide workers with copies of service certificates
EMPLOYERS - New system requirements
• Employers must provide a Start Notice to LSPC on the commencement of a new
employee (within 7 days)
• Employers must provide an End Notice to the LSPC on termination of employment
(within 7 days)
• Employers must provide a full list of current employees to the LSPC by 31 July each
Under the new system workers can check if an employer has lodged service by using any of the
• Directly accessing their long service record through the 'Online Services' facility on the
Corporation's website at any time day or night, or
• Phoning the Helpline on 13 1441 during business hours.
• Requesting a letter from the LSPC confirming their recorded service.
• Visiting the LSPC office, CFMEU Head Office, Level 1/10 Railway Street, Lidcombe.
• Checking their Annual Statement and immediately notifying the LSPC of any missing
We have been assured by the Corporation that members who have missing service will not be
disadvantaged as a result of these changes, so long as they can provide other types of
verification of employment such as tax records. Once verification is provided, any missing
service can be investigated and credited.
The union encourages all workers to check their Annual Statements for any missing periods
of employment. Workers who have missing service should complete the Record Update
form provided with the Annual Statement, and promptly return this form to the Long Service
The legislation places a limit of 2 years, from the date the work was performed, for workers
to inform the Corporation of any missing service, therefore workers should act quickly to
report any errors on their statements.
Don’t lose contact with your long service money! Remember to inform the LSPC of any changes
to your address.
Authorised by Andrew Ferguson, Secretary CFMEU (Construction & General Division) NSW Branch , 12 Railway St, Lidcombe NSW 2141
Ph: (02) 9749 0400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.cfmeu-construction-nsw.com
Your Rights At Work website – http://www.rightsatwork.com.au/
Tune in to Workers Radio Sydney 88.9FM Weekdays 6.00am – 9.00am