g e o r g i A S TAT e U n i V e r S i T Y H o U S i n g
For returning and transFer students
Choose t he Co m ple t e
Co l l eg e e x pe r i e n C e
Choose the Complete College experience
Location, Location, Location! activities and opportunities
HoUSing Statistics show that students
University Housing puts you right where University Housing offers a number of
who live on campus report you can benefit from these features, avenues for growth and development,
• The Student Recreation Center
a higher degree of overall amenities and advantages: from recreation to leadership to
• The Student University Center • Lifestyle Communities such as S.A.I.L.,
georgia State University Housing communities are designed from satisfaction with their college
• GSU athletic events
• Jobs in Housing such as Resident
experience, have higher GPAs
• Academic support in Housing
the ground up to cater to the needs of the georgia State student. Living Green, and Pre-Professionals
and are more likely to stay
• Classes in the residence halls
We strive to deliver a premier living experience that supports your
• Faculty programs
social, academic and personal needs while seamlessly complementing in school. That’s probably Assistant, Desk Assistant and
• Residence Hall Association and
• Atlanta attractions and shows
your classroom education. because University Housing
• Intramural teams with your neighbors
is close to classes, the library,
and hundreds of student
activities and events. We also
bring campus activities and
services – such as academic
support, faculty speakers and
even academic courses – right
into the residence halls for
even more convenience.
… and Beyond
Beyond the amenities and advantages of living on campus, University
Housing offers the full college experience. Every resident is connected
• Cable television in living room and each bedroom
to the academic institution, meaning your neighbors have similar goals,
• Wired high-speed Internet access in each bedroom
experiences and challenges. What better way to meet people, make
• Fully furnished bedrooms and apartments with complete kitchens
friends and find support?
• Wireless Internet access (WiFi) in common lounges
• 24-hour card key access
The students in your hall may be the fraternity and sorority members
• Laundry facilities in each building
who sponsor campus events, the pre-professional organization
• Mini-blinds on windows
members who can connect you with career opportunities and the
• Multimedia technology in meeting rooms
Spotlight officers who put on the great concerts, movies and more
• Attached deck parking (additional fee)
at Georgia State! No apartment community in Atlanta can offer this
• Panther Express Shuttle from the Commons to multiple campus locations
kind of integrated college experience.
university commons The University Commons, opened in 2007, combines the benefits
georgiA STATe of apartment-style living with the full support and excitement of the
HoUSing Choose Flexibility and Affordability residential college experience. residents have convenient access to
many on-site social and educational events while enjoying the space
and privacy of their own individual bedroom. The University Commons
university LoFts The University lofts opened in 2002 as a contemporary urban complex. apartment community surrounds an enclosed courtyard that serves as
Apartments ranging from studio size to four bedroom are loft style with an epicenter for University Housing and campus programs.
open floor plans. Design elements such as sealed concrete floors and
exposed ductwork were inspired by the metro Atlanta scene.
the LoFts – more than an s.a.i.L. - sophomores achieving LiFestyLe communities
apartment, a community in LiFe
Lifestyle Communities allow residents
Beyond your apartment, University Lofts University Lofts is home to Housing’s an opportunity to surround themselves
offers a comfortable common lounge premier upperclassman living-learning with other students who share similar
with flat-screen television and complete community, S.A.I.L. Designed with student goals and passions. Lifestyle Communities
access to DirecTV programming, including retention in mind, S.A.I.L. combines social, reserve living spaces so students with
premium movie channels. educational, academic and personal growth common ambitions and interests, such as
opportunities to help sophomores become Pre-Professional programs, Living Green
Want to spend time outside? Even in the successful juniors, seniors and graduates. or Outdoor Adventure, can live together
heart of Atlanta, University Lofts offers a Participants in 2008-2009 had a 97 percent and connect with one another.
newly remodeled central courtyard. retention rate going into their junior year.
For academic support, Lofts residents Members of S.A.I.L. enjoy meals with faculty generaL FLoor pLans
have access to a state-of-the-art Learning speakers, get involved by volunteering in The Commons is home to nearly 2,000
Center right in the building. With large the community, participate in intramural students a year, providing residents
flat-screen monitors, Blu-Ray players and sports and much more. S.A.I.L. residents go with apartment-style accommodations,
high-speed computers, each Learning on beginning and end-of-year retreats, as complete with a common living area,
Center station is perfect for group study well as take a Career Planning course, CPS a full kitchen and dining space. Each
or individual work. In addition to all that, 2500, in the Learning Center classroom. resident is provided a private bedroom
the University Lofts even offers classes in The S.A.I.L. community is located on the top furnished with a bed, desk, chair, dresser
its first floor classroom. floors of the Lofts, with both private and and Internet/cable TV connection.
shared rooms available. Housing options in the University
generaL FLoor pLans • Two Bedroom, One Bath – (640 sq. ft.) generaL FLoor pLans
Two private bedrooms and one shared
University Lofts is home to approximately 475 residents, with private and shared In addition to your room, the University
bathroom with common living and kitchen
bedroom options to fit every budget, including: Commons also offers comfortable
areas. lounges on each floor for social
• Two Bedroom, Two Bath – (640 sq. ft.) gatherings. Need multimedia for your
• Studio Apartment – (432 sq. ft.) A completely open floor plan with full kitchen and one bathroom.
Two private bedrooms each with a private event? Just off the lobby, you’ll find
• One Bedroom Apartment – (550 sq. ft.) An open living room and kitchen with a separate bedroom
bathroom and common living and kitchen conference rooms with high-end A/V
and one bathroom.
areas. capabilities including satellite TV. Other
• Large One Bedroom Apartment – (768 sq. ft.) An open (larger) living/dining room and kitchen with
• Four Bedroom, Two Bath – (960 sq. ft.) amenities on-site include the Student
a separate bedroom and one bathroom.
Common living/dining space and a kitchen Health Clinic, a Georgia State Police
• Two Bedroom Apartment – (768-888 sq. ft.) An open living/dining room and kitchen with two
in the center, with two private bedrooms substation and more than 750 covered
separate bedrooms and one bathroom.
and a shared bathroom on both sides of the parking spaces.
• Three Bedroom Apartment – (1152 sq. ft.) An open living room, dining room and kitchen that flow
together as well as two bathrooms.
• Four Bedroom Apartment – (1272 sq. ft.) A living/dining space and a kitchen in the center of the
apartment, with two bedrooms and a bathroom on both sides of the common area.
HoUSing Choose Accessibility and opportunity Apply
At georgia State University, our campus housing is part of the heart of You must be accepted to
More than 2,900 students
downtown Atlanta, a vibrant international city. georgia State University
call Georgia State home, before submitting an
You will step right out of your residence hall onto the sidewalk and application. The Housing
and more housing capacity
merge with the pedestrian flow that gives life to the urban environment application will open up
and the day-to-day downtown experience. is under construction.
on the specified dates
our compact campus puts everything within walking distance, making
Within WaLking distance
car ownership unnecessary. This saves you time and money, but more
than that, there is an energy and intensity you get from being with online housing application
These activities and attractions are all
people on the street that you just can’t get while in the car.
less than four miles from Georgia State,
and many are directly accessible by
Whether you’re meeting friends for a bite, running an errand, or public transportation: FAll SemeSTer 2010
exploring downtown Atlanta, with georgia State Housing, campus life
• Centennial Olympic Park Opens January 14, 2010
meets city life for a unique and exciting student adventure. • CNN Center
• Fox Theatre
Spring SemeSTer 2011
• Georgia Aquarium
• Georgia Dome – home of the Opens October 15, 2010 Steps for Applying
Georgia State Panthers and Atlanta
Falcons football teams
mAY/SUmmer SemeSTer 2011 Obtain your campus ID and e-mail by visiting www.student.gsu.edu/ and click
• Woodruff Arts Center
Network Account/Getting Started.
• Philips Arena – home of the Hawks Opens April 15, 2010
• Rialto Center for the Arts
Spring SemeSTer 2011 Complete a Housing application online at https://housing.gsu.edu/applyonline.
• Turner Field – home of the Atlanta
Remember to select three room preferences.
Opens October 15, 2010
• World of Coca-Cola A $525 Fee ($445 Room Reservation Fee + $80 Non-Refundable Application
• Zoo Atlanta Fee) is due at the time you submit your application. University Housing accepts
the following forms of payment:
• Pay by Credit Card: MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover
Besides walking, you have three flexible options for parking and transportation, step 3:
designed to fit your budget, schedule and commitment to the environment: Check your Georgia State e-mail account for roommate selection
• Car: We provide covered parking for our residential students (additional fees date and room selection date. Room selection and roommate
apply). selection will occur in March for returning residents.
• public Transportation: There are three MARTA rail stops nearby, as well as
bus service, and Georgia State offers discounted MARTA cards to encourage
• Shuttles: Our free Panther Express service makes getting around campus
quick and easy.
• Modern, safe and comfortable
georgiA STATe • Convenient to classes and activities
UniVerSiTY • Close to entertainment options and
HoUSing employment opportunities
• Designed with today’s student in mind
WHY WAiT? ApplY For HoUSing noW.
Only returning residents have the opportunity to choose their roommates and bedrooms
for Fall 2010/Spring 2011. Don’t let this GREAT OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY.
Reserve your room and confirm your roommates by doing the following before march 3, 2010:
• Complete a Housing application online. Log on https://housing.gsu.edu/applyonline.
• Make payment for the $525 Room Reservation Fee.
For more information or if you have questions and/or concerns, please contact us online, by
phone or in person.
Please visit our website at www.gsu.edu/housing.
Please call us at 404/413-1800.
Suite 250 Student Center
44 Courtland Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
Don’t Delay … Apply online today.