GOLD CARD GUIDELINES
1. Must have been a member of WHO for at least five years and be 60 years of age
or older. (*Unless approved under the Hardship Clause.)
2. Must have been an active member, helping to improve WHO and promoting
pattern horse racing.
3. Must be sponsored by a member of WHO. This member must fill out a special
form on the prospective applicant, expressing why they feel this person should
have a gold card membership.
4. Deadline for submitting prospective applicants shall be the same as cut off date
for Annual Awards, which is July 31st.
5. All proposed Gold Card Members must be approved by the Board of Directors.
6. Chairman of this committee should be appointed by the President. This person
should have good knowledge of the history of WHO.
7. Presentation of Gold Card Membership shall be at the Annual Awards
Convention. The recipient shall be an invited guest of WHO, with their dinner
and a guest paid for by WHO.
• Hardship Clause: Need not be over 60 if disabled or other hardships, as
long as the Board feels this person is worthy of a Gold Card Membership.
GOLD CARD NOMINATION FORM
NAME: ____________________________________________________ AGE: ____
RECOMMENDED BY: __________________________________________________
WAS MEMBER OF WHO FROM: ____________________ TO _________________
LIST OF CONTRIBUTIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS WHILE A MEMBER OF WHO:
WHAT WHO DID FOR YOU: