WVSUCAT Form No. 01 (to be personally accomplished by the student applicant only)
Application No. ____________
Republic of the Philippines
WEST VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY
Iloilo City Attach
2” x 2” I.D.
APPLICATION FOR WVSU
COLLEGE ADMISSION TEST (WVSU-CAT) Picture Here
MAIN CAMPUS/December 20, 2009
FOR SY 2010-2011
(This application form is to be used only by new high school graduates/graduating
students or those who have not attended college yet)
THE RESULT OF THE TEST IS VALID ONLY FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2010-2011
PRINT OR TYPE ALL ENTRIES
Family Name Given Name Middle Name
Sex: ________ Age: ________ Citizenship: __________________ Religion: ___________________Civil Status: __________________
Exact Mailing Address: ______________________________________________________________ Tel. No.: _____________________
Permanent Address: ________________________________________________________________ Tel. No.: _____________________
Date of Birth: ________________________________ Place of Birth: ____________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian: ______________________________________________ Occupation: _____________________________________
COURSE PREFERENCE: (Indicate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices by writing 1, 2, 3, before the course of your choice)
_____ Bachelor in Broadcasting _____ Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
_____ Bachelor in Journalism _____ Bachelor of Science in Information System
_____ Bachelor of Science in Development Communication _____ Bachelor of Science in Biology
_____ Bachelor of Science in Nursing _____ Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
_____ Bachelor in Elementary Education _____ Bachelor of Arts in English
_____ Bachelor in Secondary Education _____ Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics
_____ Bachelor in Special Education _____ Bachelor in Physical Education
_____ Bachelor in Hotel & Restaurant Management _____ Bachelor in Music Education
_____ Bachelor in Tourism _____ Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
_____ Bachelor in Cooperatives Management _____ Bachelor of Science in Forestry
_____ Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Only applicants who obtain CAT scores required for the respective courses of their choice
may file aptitude/qualifying test forms with the respective colleges as follows:
BSEd/BEEd/BSPEd - College of Education
Nursing - College of Nursing
B.S. Biology/AB/BSAM - College of Arts and Sciences
BPE/BME - PESCAR College
Broadcasting/Journalism/DevCom - College of Mass Communications
BSIT/BSIS - IICT
BHRM/BT/BCM - Institute of Management
BS Agriculture/BS Forestry/DVM - College of Agriculture and Forestry
School Last Attended:____________________________________________________________________________
Date of Application Signature of Applicant
Note: * This Application Form is NOT FOR SALE. It can be photocopied/reproduced.
* For details of the WVSUCAT Guidelines and Requirements, please read the accompanying sheet of paper.
WEST VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE ADMISSION TEST (WVSUCAT) FOR AY 2010-2011
DATE AND TIME OF EXAM.: December 20, 2009 (Sunday) 8:00 – 10:00 A.M.
TESTING CENTER: West Visayas State University (Main Campus)
La Paz, Iloilo City
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS: December 5, 2009
Note: Mailed applications should reach the WVSU on or before December 5, 2009
APPLICATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE STARTING August 1, 2009
WVSUCAT GUIDELINES AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS :
1. The WVSUCAT is open to all graduates/graduating students of general and vocational secondary schools recognized by the
Department of Education.
2. Accomplished application forms and other requirements should be submitted/mailed to the Admissions/Registrar’s Office,
West Visayas State University, La Paz, Iloilo City (Main Campus).
3. NON-REFUNDABLE Application Filing Fee of P20.00 and WVSUCAT Testing Fee of P 200.00 will be paid by each applicant.
For mailed application forms, enclose money order (P220.00) payable to WVSUCAT Trust Fund and two (2) self-addressed
stamped long white envelopes (Note: P24.00 postage stamp each) to be used for Notice of Admission for mailed application and
WVSUCAT result. Applicants who do not receive their Notice of Admission are advised to check with the Admissions/
Registrar’s Office immediately.
4. The following are to be submitted together with the duly accomplished application form:
a. PHOTOCOPY of high school report card duly certified or authenticated by the Principal/Registrar for applicants
who have already graduated or a photocopy of the latest grading-period report card for those who are graduating
in March 2010.
b. Two recent identical passport ( 2x2 ) pictures duly signed at the back by the applicant.
c. PHOTOCOPY of the applicant’s birth certificate. ORIGINAL birth certificates are NOT COLLECTED during the
NEVER SUBMIT ORIGINAL REPORT CARD AND ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE DURING
APPLICATION FILING. THE WVSU IS NOT OBLIGED TO RETURN SUBMITTED APPLICATION-
d. One (1) self-addressed stamped (P24.00 postage stamp) long white mailing envelope (for applicants who personally
submit CAT application form). Mailed application form must be accompanied with two (2) self-addressed stamped
envelopes with P24.00 postage stamp each.
5. Only those applicants who reach the cut-off score required by the College where they are to be admitted will be permitted
to take the Aptitude or Qualifying Test administered by the College. They should further satisfy other requirements of
6. Applicants who do not qualify for their chosen program may confer with the Admissions Office for possible
accommodation in other programs and in the external campuses.
7. The WVSU-CAT will be administered on December 20, 2009 (Sunday from 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.) at the WVSU Main
Campus, La Paz, Iloilo City.
8. Application forms for the WVSUCAT in the WVSU external campuses will be facilitated by their respective registrars
on later dates.
WVSU Main Campus (La Paz, Iloilo City)
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES COLLEGE OF MASS COMMUNICATIONS
1. BS in Biology 1. Bachelor in Broadcasting
2. AB-English 2. Bachelor in Journalism
3. AB-Political Science 3. B.S. in Development Communication
4. BS in Applied Mathematics
COLLEGE OF NURSING
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION 1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing
1. Bachelor in Elementary Education
2. Bachelor in Secondary Education INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
3. Bachelor in Special Education 1. Bachelor in Hotel and Restaurant Management
2. Bachelor in Tourism
3. Bachelor in Cooperatives Management
PHYSICAL EDUCATION, SPORTS, CULTURE INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION AND
ARTS AND RECREATION COLLEGE COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
1. Bachelor in Physical Education 1. BS in Information Technology
2. Bachelor in Music Education 2. BS in Information System
WVSU Lambunao-West Campus (Lambunao, Iloilo)
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE & FORESTRY
1. BS in Agriculture
2. BS in Forestry
3. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine