Edward J. Bolden, Jr., AICP, PTP
Maplewood, NJ 07040-1801
Cell: (973) 978-8647
Home: (973) 763-9640
My background demonstrates 30 years of diversified transportation planning and engineering experience in the private
and public sectors. As a business owner, I learned key business development skills and techniques to achieve client
satisfaction. Working for the region’s top engineering firms, I developed strong management skills while overseeing a
broad range of planning and engineering projects.
Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered 2010
Project Manager Oversight for FTA on the Access to the Region’s Core
◦ On-site Project Manager responsible for overseeing the development of a new rail tunnel between New Jersey and
New York, directly responsible for two tunnel contracts of $13 million and $258 million. Developed four FTA
Oversight Procedures (OP) reports – Project Transit Capacity Review (OP 32A); NEPA and Design Document
Comparison (OP 32B); Project Scope Review (OP 32C); and Project Delivery Method (OP 32D) and NEPA project
compliance. The governor of New Jersey canceled the project.
STV Incorporated (Contract position)
Project Manager 2009 (Contract Position)
Metro-North locomotive rehabilitation, managed proposal development for various vehicle projects.
Wilbur Smith Associates
Sr. Project Manager 2006 – 2009
Sr. Project Manager within the company’s Transportation Finance and Technology division.
◦ Responsible for analysis of impacts to plaza operations to NJ Turnpike Authority’s (NJTA) Interchange 13 due to
proposed widening of Goethals Bridge; assessing influence of weekend/weekday on transactions, development of
GIS database for inclusion in NJTA system model. Managed development of a GIS database using ArcGIS suite of
products. Project Manager for Analysis of Revenue Impacts of All Electronic Tolling on Atlantic City Expressway.
Managed preparation of 18 month and ten year traffic forecasts for South Jersey Transportation Authority and traffic
and revenue forecasts for Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel.
Kawasaki Rail Car 2005 – 2006
Deputy Project Manager
◦ Deputy Project Manager responsible for design review, development, and delivery of 340 passenger rail cars for
the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey PATH rail system, a $450 million project.
El Taller Colaborativo, Newark, NJ
Sr. Transportation Planner 2003 – 2005
◦ Sr. Transportation Planner – responsible for project management and marketing efforts. Projects included: Lincoln
Tunnel traffic analysis of changed traffic patterns, New York Fish Market traffic analysis.
Clough, Harbour & Associates LLP, Parsippany, NJ 2001 - 2003
Sr. Transportation Planner
◦ Senior staff /Traffic Division - responsible for project management and marketing efforts. Projects included:
Passenger Circulation Improvements - NJ Transit’s Newark Penn Station; NJ DOT Pedestrian and Bikeway
Planning Assignments; Tappan Zee Bridge Replacement Preliminary Planning; Binghamton Passenger Rail
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ), New York, NY 1998 - 2001
◦ Lead transportation professional - JFK International Airport Light Rail System at Jamaica Station.
◦ Developed Parking Master Plan for Newark-Liberty International Airport.
Edward J. Bolden, Jr. PTP, AICP Page 2
◦ Managed development plans for new passenger terminal for cross Hudson ferries in Lower Manhattan.
Bolden & Associates, East Orange, NJ 1994 - 1998
◦ Bergen County, NJ – Department of Planning and Economic Development
Development of conceptual plan for intra-county bus transit improvements to major corridors in Bergen County.
◦ LOUIS BERGER INTERNATIONAL, S.A., Paris, France, Kazakhstan Urban Transport / World Bank project.
Analyzed transport policies of three major cities in Kazakhstan; formulated cost recovery guidelines; and
developed procedures for privatization of public bus routes.
◦ THE RBA GROUP, Morristown, N. J., Kaohsiung New Town, Republic of China
Structured a transportation system for new town (projected pop. 250,000) in southern Taiwan, evaluated modal
split analysis, developed and assessed transit routes, schedules, and cost estimates.
◦ AECOM/DANIEL, MANN, JOHNSON, AND MENDENHALL (DMJM), Washington, DC, Philippine
Assistance Program Support, Republic of the Philippines
Managed (US Agency for International Development) proposal for Build / Operate Transfer projects, power
plant development and construction, and general civil engineering projects.
Edwards & Kelcey, Livingston, NJ
LS Transit Systems, Inc., Bloomfield, NJ
URS Consultants, New York, NY
Mass Transit Administration, Maryland Department of Transportation, Baltimore, MD
City of Baltimore, Department of Planning, Baltimore, MD
BA – Political Science / Urban Planning – University of Iowa
MS – Urban Planning – University of Iowa
Professional Transportation Planner
American Institute of Certified Planners
FEMA COURSES COMPLETED
IS200-Incident Command System, Basic, I-200, for Federal Disaster Workers
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND CIVIC AVTIVITIES
Fellow, Institute of Transportation Engineers,
Past President ITE Met (Metropolitan) Section NY & NJ 2008
Transportation Research Board
American Planning Association
Member, Maplewood Planning Board
PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
New Jersey TransAction, April 2004
ITE Annual Conference, August 2001
Transportation Research Board, January 1992
Right of Way Magazine, December 1991
Railway - Urban Transit Magazine, December 1991
Kaohsiung Mass Rapid Conference, November 1990