Frequently Asked Questions - Madonna University

Document Sample
Frequently Asked Questions - Madonna University Powered By Docstoc
					                                                                 Frequently Asked Questions
Paralegal Studies

When are classes offered?
Classes are offered on nights and weekends. Additionally, LAW 1000, 2410, 2550 and 2560 are offered
online. On weeknights, classes meet from 7 to 10 p.m. during fall and winter terms, and from 6:30 to 10
p.m. during the spring/summer term. Weekend courses meet from 6 to 10 p.m. on Friday nights and
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays.

When do classes start?
The fall term starts on the Tuesday after Labor Day and runs for 15 weeks. Winter term starts on the
Monday following the New Year’s holiday and typically runs for 16 weeks. Spring/summer term typically
starts the first Monday in May and runs for 12 weeks.

What degrees and certificates are offered?
Our department offers an associate degree, a bachelor’s degree in the Paralegal Studies major and two
post bachelor’s certificates. The post bachelor’s certificates are available only to candidates currently
possessing either a bachelor’s degree or a BSN degree.

What degree options are available for nurses who do not hold a BSN?
Since Madonna's Nurse-Paralegal certificate program is available to students holding a Bachelor of Science
in Nursing, we recommend the Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies program for RN's with an associate
degree. The BS program can usually be completed by taking approximately 60 s.h. at Madonna University.

What are the requirements/prerequisites for enrolling?
You do not have to be officially admitted to Madonna University in order to enroll in Paralegal Studies
courses. You can attend on a permit to register by submitting the permit and an application for admission
to the Admissions Office. You may then attend courses for two terms as a non-admitted student while
your application is being completed. This application requires submission of two letters of recommendation
along with high school and college transcripts sent directly from the appropriate institutions. Hand-carried
transcripts are not accepted.

Who should the letters of recommendation be from?
Suggested sources are educators and employers who can attest to your ability and integrity.

Do I have to start during fall term?
No, entry level courses are also offered during winter and spring/summer terms.