Docstoc

Milk Fat and Protein

Document Sample
Milk Fat and Protein Powered By Docstoc
					Milk Fat and Protein




So far, the public's understanding of milk is a source of protein. In fact, the milk contained so many other
important substances that are beneficial to health.


As explained Prof. Dr. Ir. Made Astawan, MS, from the Department of Food Science and Technology
Faculty of Agricultural Technology IPB, milk is a food with enough nutrients to complete.


In general, milk consists of water content as much as 87 percent and the remainder or about 13 percent
is solid. Solids in milk can be subdivided into fats, carbohydrates, proteins, minerals and vitamins.


Protein content in milk is divided into two factions, namely whey (20 percent) and casein (80 percent).
According to Made, both kinds of proteins are different and have an important role for our body.


Whey protein was dissolved in the milk serum on the level of acidity (pH) 4.6 and a temperature of 20
degrees Celsius. The content of whey include beta-lactoglobulin, alpha lactalbumin, immunoglobullin,
Lactoferrin, and others.


"Whey are so many benefits. For example, beta-lactoglobulin which is the largest component of whey, is
useful to stimulate free fatty acid that does not cause obesity," said Made in gathering Nutritionist
Scientific Association of Indonesia (Persagi) in Jakarta on Thursday (21 / 4 / 2011).


While casein, Made-up, a source of amino acids of a protein. The benefit of casein of which is to prevent
hypertension, stimulate the formation of energy, defense against bacteria and viruses, as well as
manage the growth in the points grow.


In addition to being a good source of protein, milk also has a fat content that are important to health.
The function of fat in milk, Made said, has diverse functions, it can even play a role in preventing a
disease.


In children, milk consumption is also important because it helps the growth of the brain that are growing
and growing. "One of the important raw materials for the intelligence of the brain is the cholesterol
contained in milk fat," he said. In milk fat, continued Made, contained some fraction of them fosfatidil
choline phospholipids and that serves to enhance learning and memory abilities of children.


In addition to helping brain development, milk fat also acts as an anti-colon cancer, which can increase
cell apoptosis kolonik mutants. Milk fat also supports the growth of good bacteria (prebiotic nature, as
antihypertensive, antidiabetic and immunomodulatory.

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:14
posted:6/10/2011
language:English
pages:2