This document provides for the formation of a limited liability company (LLC). An LLC
combines the tax advantages of a partnership with the limited liability features of a
corporation. The articles must contain the name, purpose, duration, registered agent,
and principle office of the LLC, and must be filed with the secretary of state. This
document in its draft form contains numerous of the standard clauses commonly used in
these types of agreements, as well as optional language to allow for customization to
ensure the LLC's information is properly set forth.
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 1
CALIFORNIA LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION
1. Entity Name. The name of the limited liability company is ___________, _____________
[Comment: insert name, and then insert either LLC or Limited Liability Company].
2. Purpose. The purpose of the limited liability company is to engage in any lawful act or activity for
which a limited liability company may be organized under the Beverly-Killea Limited Liability
3. Initial Agent for Service of Process. The address of its registered office in the state of California is
______________________________________ in the City of __________________. The name of its
registered agent at such address is ________________________________.
4. Management. The company shall be managed by ____________. [Comment: choose either “one
or more than one manager” OR “all limited liability company members.”]
5. Members. The members of the LLC and their addresses are as follows:
6. Duration. The duration of the Limited Liability Company shall be ________________. [Comment:
insert timeframe or state “continuous”]
I declare I am the person who executed this instrument, which execution is my act and deed.
Date [Comment: Print Name of Organizer Here and Sign Above]
Acceptance by Registered Agent: I, __________________, acknowledge that the undersigned
individual or corporation accepts the appointment as Registered Agent of __________________.
[Comment: insert name of LLC]
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. 2