Morehead State University
2010-2011 Undergraduate Catalog
Bachelor of University Studies Degree Requirements
A major, minor, or area of concentration is not required for the Bachelor of University Studies degree.
Students may take a wide variety of subjects or concentrate all studies beyond the general education
requirements in a single discipline. For more information, see an advisor, regional campus director, or
University College, 331 Allie Young Hall, (606) 783-2084.
You will receive your Bachelor of University Studies degree after you:
1. Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours of prescribed and elective college credit,
42 semester hours of which must be courses numbered 300 or above.
2. Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all work completed at the University.
3. Complete at least 32 semester hours at Morehead State University, with the last 16
hours preceding graduation earned from MSU. Correspondence courses do not satisfy
4. Complete 36 semester hours of general education courses. See the general education
course requirements for bachelor's degree requirements.
5. Complete a three credit hour FYS 101: First Year Seminar course during the first
academic year if the student begins as a freshman or transfers to MSU with less than 24
6. For students with 24 or more transfer credit hours, the FYS 101 requirement is waived
but the student must complete a course in SBS I or SBS II to meet general education
Note: Credit earned by a combination of correspondence courses and credit by examination cannot
exceed 32 semester hours toward a baccalaureate degree or 16 semester hours toward an associate