Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management capability within business has, over the last few years in particular,
taken on a much more significant role in enabling business to gain competitive advantage and
deliver bottom line performance.
As companies strive to identify their competitive edge, so the application of supply chain
concepts will continue to exert greater influence on overall business success. This module
covers a wide range of topics in supply chain strategies, desig n, planning, operations and
Emphasis has been laid mainly on the perspective of integrated supply process. Releasing
value in business through relationship management, cost reduction and lean supply have been
the key considerations. The module also provides many real would cases of supply chain
management, which illustrate ways of achieving an enduring competitiveness.
On completion of this module participants will be able to:
1. Understand the fundamental concept of integrated supp ly chain management.
2. Making educated decision on strategic outsourcing and vertical integration.
3. Understand customer driven orientation and value adding.
4. Analyse and develop supplier and customer relationships.
5. Select and apply appropriate tools and te chniques to plan, control and manage the
supply chain for the overall efficiency and effectiveness.
6. Apply basic principles of lean supply for operational excellence.
7. Comprehend cultural and organisational impact on global supply chain development.
8. Envisage the emerging information technologies for supply chain integration and
comprehend the current trends in e -supply development.
1. Introduction to supply chain Management.
2. Globalisation of supply chain development.
3. Strategic outsourcing and make /buy
4. Supply chain design and planning.
5. Lean supply management.
6. Theory of Constraint in supply chain management
7. Purchasing and supplier selection.
8. Supply relationship management.
9. Negotiation and costing techniques
10. Cultural dimensions in supply chain management
11. Technological impact and e-supply chain.
12. Case studies.